Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Crashing when visiting planets with Capital ships

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Good evening everyone,

    There have been a few reports so we just wanted to let you all know that we're aware that a few of you are experiencing crashes when visiting planets with Capital ships near the surface. We have identified a fix for this and will be working to implement it as soon as possible. For now, you can avoid these crashes by staying away from the following planets until the fix has been implemented:-

    • HIP 17225 – A1
    • Maia – A 3 a
    • Merope – 2a
    • Merope – 5c
    • Pleiades Sector AB-W b2-4 – 9a
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-16 – C4
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D2
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D3
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 1
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 2
    • Pleiades Sector RO-Q B5-0 – 4
    • Pleione – 11a


    We will keep you updated with more information when it's available.
    I can't even start Ed to change the destination I was going to Merope 2a, so currently unable to use ED at all. I've shut my system down twice and re-booted but no joy, file a report to support just now.[knocked out] I was heading for Alcazar's Hope each time it crashed

  2. #17
    Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Good evening everyone,

    There have been a few reports so we just wanted to let you all know that we're aware that a few of you are experiencing crashes when visiting planets with Capital ships near the surface. We have identified a fix for this and will be working to implement it as soon as possible. For now, you can avoid these crashes by staying away from the following planets until the fix has been implemented:-

    • HIP 17225 – A1
    • Maia – A 3 a
    • Merope – 2a
    • Merope – 5c
    • Pleiades Sector AB-W b2-4 – 9a
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-16 – C4
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D2
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D3
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 1
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 2
    • Pleiades Sector RO-Q B5-0 – 4
    • Pleione – 11a


    We will keep you updated with more information when it's available.
    Thanks for heads up o7

    Also...

  3. #18
    ive crashed in several places after droping from cruise, my ship transfer icons & mission icons are remaining on map dropping my fps to zero, i got frame jerk on supercruise as of 2.3.01 along with the crashes on priv/open, and witch space just took me just over 2 mins, the sun rendering was nice though before i crashed. ive made a ticket and made a bug report and hoped 2.3.01 would fix it.

    i guess you guys are pulling out your hair right about now, im gonna logg off .. go on holliday for a couple of weeks ... come back and all will .. be well.. [knocked out]

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by PanPiper. View Post (Source)
    Hey Mitch , or any of the other QA team,, noticed this last night, easy work around for now, temp measure at least but probably relevant to the problem, pass it onto the team.

    Only seems to be affecting OPEN , private group or solo is not affected. Switching to that i can spawn in Merope planetside. Can fly in Merope in open , but approaching a planet listed = CTD

    Not a problem in PG or solo, no CTDs , must be related to the probelm , playing OPEN at those locations.

    I was able once last night to log into open at Alcazar's Hope. Strange occurance, Capital class ship detected, and it jumped into location rather than being there already, tried to grab its spectrogram jump in noise, but was unable to record it then , or recreate it since.
    I can assure you private group is affected.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by madmitch View Post (Source)
    I can't even start Ed to change the destination I was going to Merope 2a, so currently unable to use ED at all. I've shut my system down twice and re-booted but no joy, file a report to support just now.[knocked out] I was heading for Alcazar's Hope each time it crashed
    Try open Elite Dangerous NOT Elite Dangerous: Horizons?

  5. #20
    Mobious in a type 7. crash random

  6. #21
    Crashed loads of times in PG Mobius
    No Problems on SOLO just played for nearly 1hr with out crash jumping between Maia & Morope

  7. #22
    Originally Posted by macedk View Post (Source)
    Mobious in a type 7. crash random
    I'm guessing it depends on if another player is close enough to trigger the issue. Large groups such as Mobius are likely to have people at Palin or other affected hotspots.

  8. #23
    Guys, this is not funny. You up Merope (Alcazar#s) exactly right in the Moment when Merope is the only space port within 180 lys that carries the needed goods. The whole goddamned community mission depends on that place. What kind of stupid mischief is this??? And, FWIW, if capital ships are the problem, then just remove them from Merope fo the time being!!!!!

    Yeah, it affects open, it affects group play with MOBIUS and whatever.

    Get your act together, implement a workaround NOW!

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Good evening everyone,

    There have been a few reports so we just wanted to let you all know that we're aware that a few of you are experiencing crashes when visiting planets with Capital ships near the surface. We have identified a fix for this and will be working to implement it as soon as possible. For now, you can avoid these crashes by staying away from the following planets until the fix has been implemented:-

    • HIP 17225 – A1
    • Maia – A 3 a
    • Merope – 2a
    • Merope – 5c
    • Pleiades Sector AB-W b2-4 – 9a
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-16 – C4
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D2
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D3
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 1
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 2
    • Pleiades Sector RO-Q B5-0 – 4
    • Pleione – 11a


    We will keep you updated with more information when it's available.
    Maia A3a.....So we can't go to Palin?? Hell & Damn, i want to dirty up my Clipper engines?

  10. #25
    Originally Posted by Wasp0 View Post (Source)
    Maia A3a.....So we can't go to Palin?? Hell & Damn, i want to dirty up my Clipper engines?
    Go into solo mode and do your engineering in solo :)

  11. #26

  12. #27
    Looks like I've been bitten by this bug too. I didn't make the connection with the cap ship but I get up to 20 minutes before it throws me out, and I've even been able to land at Merope 2A a few times but eventually it bombs and catapults me out to the desktop.

  13. #28
    heh, Glad I found this post. I decided to come to the community goal, Looks like Ill be doing in solo... Hope fix comes soon.

  14. #29
    This probably also affects alien capital ships. Perhaps you should list the locations of those too.

    You know.

    So we can avoid them.

    Just to be safe.

  15. #30
    Is it fixed yet ?? ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast