Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Crashing when visiting planets with Capital ships

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Crashing when visiting planets with Capital ships

Good evening everyone,

There have been a few reports so we just wanted to let you all know that we're aware that a few of you are experiencing crashes when visiting planets with Capital ships near the surface. We have identified a fix for this and will be working to implement it as soon as possible. For now, you can avoid these crashes by staying away from the following planets until the fix has been implemented:-

• HIP 17225 – A1
    • Maia – A 3 a
    • Merope – 2a
    • Merope – 5c
    • Pleiades Sector AB-W b2-4 – 9a
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-16 – C4
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D2
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D3
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 1
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 2
    • Pleiades Sector RO-Q B5-0 – 4
    • Pleione – 11a

We will keep you updated with more information when it's available.

Thanks for the notice Dale. I'm assuming this will be fixed server-side?

Cool, thanks for letting us know.

Always something, eh? xD

5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #5
    Originally Posted by Cocalarix View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the notice Dale. I'm assuming this will be fixed server-side?
    That should be the case, but currently I don't have the details on the nature of the fix that the dev team are working on. Don't want to categorically say that it'll be one thing when that could change as time goes on. :) Once we know for certain, we'll let you know.

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing.

I didn't know about this bug until i checked the forums, i went into Alcazar's Hope and now my game crashes as soon as it loads in, i get the spinning ship, then a game crash... i tried validating files, but no use, i can't play the game any more, PLEASE help someone :(

Originally Posted by omnicognate View Post (Source)
    I didn't know about this bug until i checked the forums, i went into Alcazar's Hope and now my game crashes as soon as it loads in, i get the spinning ship, then a game crash... i tried validating files, but no use, i can't play the game any more, PLEASE help someone :(
    Try starting the game in non-Horizons mode to get bounced back to space?

The timing of this is unfortunate, lots of people are trying to get dirty drive mods from Palin (at Maia A 3 A) for the Salome event this Sat, and seems like that engineer is completely unreachable at this point.

I was doing stuff at a ruins site - got 1 adjunction error and two disconnects. Then I flew to another system, I was in the System view, went to feed the dog, came back and my PC had rebooted.
    Two and half hours later I'm back in game - flew down to a different ruins - scanned about 5 obelisks, boarded ship, left game running - 5-6 minutes later I return - computer rebooted again.
    I've not had this problem of the computer rebooting while in game ( or out ) prior to this update - and seriously, my machine is running a lot! so I would notice!

Originally Posted by kwx View Post (Source)
    Try starting the game in non-Horizons mode to get bounced back to space?

The timing of this is unfortunate, lots of people are trying to get dirty drive mods from Palin (at Maia A 3 A) for the Salome event this Sat, and seems like that engineer is completely unreachable at this point.
    I managed to fix the problem weirdly by launching the steam version rather than the non steam version. for whatever reason using the steam version means it doesn't crash upon logging in

Originally Posted by omnicognate View Post (Source)
    I managed to fix the problem weirdly by launching the steam version rather than the non steam version. for whatever reason using the steam version means it doesn't crash upon logging in
    spyrojance reported that launching in solo mode worked without crashing. Does this affect open/private group only, or is it coincidence?

Originally Posted by kwx View Post (Source)
    spyrojance reported that launching in solo mode worked without crashing. Does this affect open/private group only, or is it coincidence?
    I'm not sure, though i did also launch the steam version in single player so it may have been that

Thanks for the info. I encountered this myslef, sent some crash reports to help.

BTW, SOLO or GROUP play worked in my case.

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Good evening everyone,

There have been a few reports so we just wanted to let you all know that we're aware that a few of you are experiencing crashes when visiting planets with Capital ships near the surface. We have identified a fix for this and will be working to implement it as soon as possible. For now, you can avoid these crashes by staying away from the following planets until the fix has been implemented:-

• HIP 17225 – A1
    • Maia – A 3 a
    • Merope – 2a
    • Merope – 5c
    • Pleiades Sector AB-W b2-4 – 9a
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-16 – C4
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D2
    • Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-16 – D3
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 1
    • Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 – 2
    • Pleiades Sector RO-Q B5-0 – 4
    • Pleione – 11a

We will keep you updated with more information when it's available.
    Thanks for that, ive been having the issue since i updated and no one else seemed to, thought it was just me!

Hey Mitch , or any of the other QA team,, noticed this last night, easy work around for now, temp measure at least but probably relevant to the problem, pass it onto the team.

Only seems to be affecting OPEN , private group or solo is not affected. Switching to that i can spawn in Merope planetside. Can fly in Merope in open , but approaching a planet listed = CTD

Not a problem in PG or solo, no CTDs , must be related to the probelm , playing OPEN at those locations.

I was able once last night to log into open at Alcazar's Hope. Strange occurance, Capital class ship detected, and it jumped into location rather than being there already, tried to grab its spectrogram jump in noise, but was unable to record it then , or recreate it since.

Mobius reported as affected, tried but worked for me, maybe at times when multiple cmdrs in instance?, maybe larger PG and OPEN then . Problems loading other cmdrs maybe and capship and holome's, ? just a thought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast