Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you achieved in the last 24 hours?

Originally Posted by BlackSpaceCowboy View Post (Source)
    How do you have all this time before work? You wake up 3 hours early?
    On Wednesdays, my work starts at 2pm. Lol

Most other days I start at 9:30am.

For reference,
    I don't have diagnosed OCD, it's not bad, i just "notice" wonky things, or things like those cigars. I needed 20. But i only got 8.
    Now i need 12. Not 10 like I wanted. Silly market.

I do have ADHD though. But I have medication for that.

Not that it works.

Logged on for the 1st time in a couple of weeks. Made about 1.5 million in my passenger Cobra IV. Managed to bounce it up-side-down off of a planet, while trying to leave said planet and jump out of the system. Not sure what happened, boosted away from the base, running almost level with the ground, hit jump and the heat just went insane. So stopped the FSD and next moment I was hitting the ground, lost shields and was down to 40% hull. So unlocked the destination system and went straight up until I was in SC and then jumped out. Completed the mission even though it said the passenger would not like any damage.
    WOOF! WOOF!

WHAT!? You think I said or did something wrong again? Blame T.j's cat.

8 out of 10 Cats, have me on their ignore lists: 5 out of 10 posters; have me on their kill lists?

Oh dear, it seems that I have joined the Elite. Does that mean, that now I have to oppress the masses?

Originally Posted by Elyssaen View Post (Source)
    OCD is a serious condition, and the understanding of it is both helped and hindered by the fact that many people have OCD-like symptoms, and it's become quite common for people to call this them-having-OCD. The difference is, OCD is only OCD if it seriously, negatively impacts your life. A dash of symptoms here and there isn't a problem unless it's... well, a problem.

I can't run an asymmetric weapon loadout because the asymmetry bothers me. Not a problem, doesn't mean I have OCD. A few times a year, I fall into OCD-like thinking and can't sleep at night because there isn't a completely symmetrical balance of sensation on each side of my body. If I got that more often, I'd probably be diagnosed. As it is, nah, I don't have OCD. I know someone who does, and it has a significant negative effect on them every single day.

People who say "my OCD" like the OP may actually have it: we don't know. They might not, but they may (quite justifiably) see connections between their experiences and OCD. If their experiences aren't really that common or bad, then they don't actually have the disorder. But I'm kind of sympathetic toward people understanding that OCD-like tendencies affect most of us at times. Just let's use that to understand how hard it is to have OCD, not to trivialise it by thinking everyone has it and it's always mild.

I don't think OCD is over-diagnosed medically (or by the education system), at least not in my country. Do think you're actually describing ADHD/ADD, which definitely could be over-diagnosed in the education system. With OCD, it's more of a personal over-diagnosis that comes about because most people have some symptoms of it.

You know what it is ADHD, I just had a quick check:
    (ADHD) is a group of behavioural symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness.
    Basically, that quote is mentioning the kind of GOOD things boys NATURALLY are. It`s NOT a problem. Yea that annoys me and it`s feminised nonsense that`s crept into the system...
    "Active boys are bad ok?" And then they drug them.

Criminal in my view.

Still the constant reference of `OCD` as a kind of problem seems overly used as well in a "I have a problem too!" way, which I will bet it isn`t in the majority of cases.

Made my first 100 million about an hour ago, wondering if that was a billion then realising it wasn't - still felt good Might buy the Dolphin and do some touristing.

Originally Posted by SeaFireliv View Post (Source)
    You know what it is ADHD, I just had a quick check:

Basically, that quote is mentioning the kind of GOOD things boys NATURALLY are. Yea that annoys me and it`s feminised nonsense that`s crept into the system...
    "Active boys are bad ok?"

Criminal in my view.

Still the constant reference of `OCD` as a kind of problem seems overly used as well in a "I have a problem too!" way, which I will bet it isn`t in the majority of cases.
    Here is something refreshing for you, then.

I do not have ADD/ADHD. I have laser line focus however I want, whenever I want.

I do not have OCD, though I do have strong obsessive behavior. Comes with the ability to focus that I tend to get lost in obsessing over a problem or insecurity. However, I do not have the compulsive part where I can't go on without completing some sort of task to relieve the pressure. Either I solve the problem or my wife yells at me and I move on to something else.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Picked up 24 refugees, took them along with me to salvage a variety of legal/illegal materials from a couple of planets, searched out and scooped some Trade Data canisters (knocking off some pirates while I was at it). Flew on to a high risk Resource Site to 'massacre' 16 pirates, where I managed to take 52% hull damage by not paying attention as a Python sat behind me caving in my Power Distributor.... oops. Finished off the requisite number of pirates and finally diverted to deliver (the somewhat distraught) passengers to their second choice new home. Unfortunately their chosen station was apparently suffering from a 'devastating pandemic', but I off-loaded them anyway and donated half a million to help towards treating the horrible disease they were about to catch. Home for tea.

I like to make sure my passengers get their money's worth

OCD

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
    Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
    Object Collision Detection
    On-Chip Debugging
    Office of Civil Defense
    Oxford Classical Dictionary

A song by Suicide Silence from their third album The Black Crown

Yesterday made 2.2 million in the High RES. The fun was teamwork with crewmate SLF pilot and commanding SLF NPC pilot.

Over the last week, though I made about 45 million using the Dolphin with pax missions. Money isn't the main goal. But a Beluga probably is.
    I ignore the lore.

Stole around 18 million in low temperature diamonds in under 2 hours, great fun
    Three exclamation marks...
    The sure sign of a diseased mind!!

Playing as Cmdr Wampso Ruukh

I helped to stop an outbreak in the Bento system by providing thousands tons of basic medicines with my trusty T9 'Blacky' and got a whole lot of money in return (about 8 million credits in an hour).

Originally Posted by rote1 View Post (Source)
    Stole around 18 million in low temperature diamonds in under 2 hours, great fun
    Stole? How, please do tell.
    WOOF! WOOF!

WHAT!? You think I said or did something wrong again? Blame T.j's cat.

8 out of 10 Cats, have me on their ignore lists: 5 out of 10 posters; have me on their kill lists?

Oh dear, it seems that I have joined the Elite. Does that mean, that now I have to oppress the masses?

installed G5 FSD in new Dolphin to hit 30 something jump range. Took a few customers off for some sightseeing, and made a stop off at the first discovered generation ship. Could not find the number 3 data link, but read though it online. 1, 2, 4,5 though made for nice eerily listening....what a way to go...

Brought passengers back to home port and banked a few mil for the night!

Follow me on Twitch
    - usually basic game play simply showcasing the config/setup and experience with goal to capture something unique?!

I've just won three games of gwent in a row and now i'm finally going to play Elite (for the first time in a week or so) in preparation for the weekend's shenanigans. Either that or open the bottle of cider I found in the fridge and stare vacantly out of the window... decisions decisions...

Hmm...

Won our Faction a shiny new Planetary Outpost and crushed our enemies (in a BGS sense)

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast