Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.3.02 Coming 10am BST 27/04

Wow

Two "useful" updates in a week.

Great job.

Keep going fixing wrong things.

See you.

Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post (Source)
    I'm slightly confused. I thought the all platforms would be on equal versions of the game since horizons was released? If that's no longer the case, should all patches now be considered for PC only unless specified otherwise? Also wondering if this will cause issues on server side of things like BGS?
    i could be wrong but i think you can blame MS (and soon sony) for this due to their lengthy certification of a patch. Before the xbox release (normally i am not one for "blaming" consoles for things, however in this instance i am fairly sure, the xbox is at least in part responsible for this)..... but before the xbox release when a major bug was found, FD were pretty hot of the mark in getting fixes.

Now however patch fixes are far fewer with some fairly chunky issues taking months to get fixed and one reason i would imagine is the certification.

What we have now i reckon is a rare oasis in the desert, possibly because a certain large in game event is happening this weekend, so we are getting patch frequencies like the old days...... sadly FD will be unable to patch this fast for the xbox, but it is nice to not be held back by the certification process for once.

after this weekend i imagine the normal service will resume of longer gaps between patches........... I do however stand to be corrected if anyone is certain the xbox has nothing to do with it tho the timing seems strange if not.. and if it isnt the case that certification slows things down on the PC, then maybe we should be expecting faster fixes like this more often?
    Fiat Coupe 20VT+ Gone..... Nissan 350Z Gone. Replaced with dirty nappies, no sleep and sicky shirts. Thank god for my Cobra MK III. Fast, practical AND child friendly

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    Server downtime happens every Thursday morning (UK) regardless as server maintenance. Makes very good sense to me, to roll in stability updates to 2.3 (major patch) with that, causing one downtime, instead of two.

Cheers Ears,
    The server went down Tuesday too... That is, by my count, two downtimes... Its good that they are patching bugs, but it's still annoying with it happening so often.

Originally Posted by MarsG View Post (Source)
    The server went down Tuesday too... That is, by my count, two downtimes... Its good that they are patching bugs, but it's still annoying with it happening so often.
    It's because 2.3 is new, a major update and we actually went longer than usual before a first stability patch.
    Difficult to decide maybe, a stable game or no downtime, but some people have been locked out completely.
    It's a pain but just the way it is really Cmdr. o7

Yes, twice this week. A patch and the regular scheduled weekly server maintenance.

Twice this week, which would have happened anyway, whether a patch was being included in this morning's downtime or not.

It's because 2.3 is new, a major update and we actually went longer than usual before a first stability patch.
    Difficult to decide maybe, a stable game or no downtime, but some people have been locked out completely.
    It's a pain but just the way it is really Cmdr. o7
    Yeah, I would not be very happy if I was completely locked out. Oh well, there goes that mission and that last 2 hours I spent on it.

Hi

out of curiosity, when the servers go down, does Arena also go down?
    if so, i wonder if FD could consider changing that? it could be a way to get people back invested in CQC again - having CQC tournaments when the main game is offline.... even if your cash "earned" never made it to your main commander, its such a small amount any way.

(ok i admit, i am just wanting CQC to get a bit more love seeing we have it)

failing that, its not like most of us dont have games coming out of our ears for the odd hr downtime... no biggie imo if it makes for a better more bug free game
    Fiat Coupe 20VT+ Gone..... Nissan 350Z Gone. Replaced with dirty nappies, no sleep and sicky shirts. Thank god for my Cobra MK III. Fast, practical AND child friendly

Ugh, more updates...

Do you not test your updates BEFORE you press them on us so that you do not have to bring servers down yet again for patches...It's damned annoying.
    I beginning to think they are similar to the in-game engineers: try their best, but you never know the outcome until it is over. But you can always re-roll..............
    All this rework must be inefficient, but seems to have been the model since I have been playing the game.
    Still, praise to FD for fixing stuff as quickly as possible.

Server downtime happens every Thursday morning (UK) regardless as server maintenance. Makes very good sense to me, to roll in stability updates to 2.3 (major patch) with that, causing one downtime, instead of two.

Cheers Ears,
    Hi,
    And where I can find information that the server downtime is scheduled for every Thursday morning? In the basement of Planning Authority on Alpha Centauri ?

Bey

Originally Posted by sedilbur View Post (Source)
    Wow

Two "useful" updates in a week.

Great job.

Keep going fixing wrong things.

See you.
    Agree.

good news thanks for the fixes. Any news about supersampling bug please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw.JPG 
Views:	320 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	119525
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	station.JPG 
Views:	321 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	119526

Originally Posted by Mustafar 3 View Post (Source)
    Hi,
    And where I can find information that the server downtime is scheduled for every Thursday morning? In the basement of Planning Authority on Alpha Centauri ?

Bey
    Nowhere that easy to find place for sure!

So, why there isn't a sticky on the Support subforum at least about the weekly server maintenence downtime? Now one just has to know it.

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings , Explorer visual reference

Yeah, I would not be very happy if I was completely locked out. Oh well, there goes that mission and that last 2 hours I spent on it.
    If it helps (probably doesn't) if I have a client crash or something and end up losing a mission 'through no fault of my own', I tend to put it down to something unknown in game; Like maybe my faction contact was corrupt or something, my ship malfunctioned .. or sunspots. Bugs after updates are a bit of a fact of life unfortunately but I bet nobody's as aware of them as Frontier are. A game to you and me, their livelihood!

Originally Posted by Mustafar 3 View Post (Source)
    Hi,
    Bey
    Haha .. if you're lucky! Now you know though

Yeah FDEV, stop fixing bugs, it annoys CMDR MarsG!

...isn't sure what's going on.
    Had a couple of crashes last night when landing on a planet with a Capital Ship etc.

But so far not been too bad for me.

Cheers and keep up the bug smashing.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast