Page 90 of 137 FirstFirst ... 80868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2054

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: #support3rdparty - Why we temporarily shut down our sites.

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    After speaking in private with the OP and other involved community developers, we have all agreed that it was best for the community to bring the websites back up as soon possible. This will be happening simultaneously at 19:00 UTC (where possible) for all the sites.

We have made a commitment to work more closely with the third party developer community to address concerns and support these features which the community use and value on a daily basis.

These ongoing communications will include developers from other third party websites who may be interested, not just those listed in the OP. If you are an active and established third party Elite Dangerous developer, get in touch with community@frontier.co.uk

We all hope that clears things up!

Thanks everyone,

Ed
    That's a nice response Ed, but seriously you might as well just pull the API. It will never be good enough for them. How long before we're back here again? Or have they also made a commitment to respect the views and stance of FD and not take it to the forums again?

Elite

Originally Posted by nickp View Post (Source)
    I don't use 3rd party tools, however I can understand 3rd Parties wanting help from FD for their tools, as they are things they have invested a lot of time in, however their actions do seem a little over the top / childish.

I can't imagine FD deliberately go out of their way to do things that will break the 3rd Party Tools, it would be counterproductive, however, as their is no official API, it is quite likely that changes made to info logged will change, and possibly break 3rd part tools. They do not have time to look at all apps available and se what the impact is.

Everybody calm down, and give ED chance to give a proper response.
    Read much?

My system: i7 4790k@4.5Ghz, Patriot 16GB Viper 3 Black Mamba, Asus Z97K M/B, Palit NVIDIA GTX 1080 Jetstream, Logitech MX Master/Logitech G502 Proteus RGB Mouse, Razer Blackwidow Chroma X, 3x 23" Samsung Curved 1080p Monitors, Oculus Rift
    * Word to the wise - a higher forum rank does not mean you know more, or you are automatically right. *

This isn't about caving, this is about ensuring future conversations happen so things like this don't happen again. We made an agreement and discussed things in a considered and calm way. We saw the original post for what it was, an important discussion topic for us to get involved in. We have expressed that we feel it could have been handled differently, and we all agreed that communication is key in future!
    As I mentioned in my previous post, if you don't want this to happen again you need to shift the balance of power away from third party middlemen and regain control over your own playerbase. You need to work on integrating the functions of many of these tools into the game proper so that they can't be held hostage to get your attention again, and so that the rest of us don't have to bounce around google for half an hour to just to find where to get a particular module or rock.
    Yes they put a lot of effort into these things, but remember that nobody asked them to, and they only exist as a reaction to the dearth of information available in-game. Ultimately they should not need to exist, but they do because of the shortcomings of the game design. Resolve that and threads like this won't be a recurring issue.

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    After speaking in private with the OP and other involved community developers, we have all agreed that it was best for the community to bring the websites back up as soon possible. This will be happening simultaneously at 19:00 UTC (where possible) for all the sites.

We have made a commitment to work more closely with the third party developer community to address concerns and support these features which the community use and value on a daily basis.

These ongoing communications will include developers from other third party websites who may be interested, not just those listed in the OP. If you are an active and established third party Elite Dangerous developer, get in touch with community@frontier.co.uk

We all hope that clears things up!

Thanks everyone,

Ed
    Thanks a lot, Ed!
    Now I love you even more; all you girls and guys!
    [URL="http://inara.cz/cmdr/4947"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Currently playing a different game while I wait out this storm. If the devs of these third party elements are hurting, I wouldn't mind if they took an entire month of darkness to get the response they desire. I support the actions being made here, as I rely very heavily on the use of third party tools to make this game feel playable. Kind of weird to think a game I paid full-price for becomes crappy when only standing on it's own two feet. Should definitely be something to think about, Frontier. There are so many UI and QoL changes that are needed as well, and it just seems ironic to start this game on a crowd-fund, and not listen to that same crowd when they tell you something is wrong.

Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post (Source)
    I think you need a few of these Ed.
    https://mintcustard.files.wordpress....pg?w=225&h=300
    Ham, mustard pretty obvious, but what are the smiley faces?! Are those crackers or some kind of potato thing?! I gotta make me some of those...

Originally Posted by Belthize View Post (Source)
    Good news, sometimes you just have to shout "HEY" in just the right way to get the right attention and then everything gets dealt with because, in the end, folks are fairly rational once they actually talk to each other.

Good job all the way around. And now the thread will continue on for another 80 pages for people who just want to argue without listening.
    Can't wait see that. It always Gives extra entertainment ;D

Intel i7-4770k Haswell 3.5GHz (Turbo 3.9),Asus Maximus VI Hero z87, MSI nVidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB, Corsair Vengeance 16GB. Track Hat Clip. Thrustmasters T.16000M FCS HOTAS.

Originally Posted by Kraytex1 View Post (Source)
    Wow they caved..

This is totally going to happen again in the future
    To talk to them more. Oh god wow im so scared better build by bunker for the alpaca-lisp.

Coriolis EDCD Edition, in particular, is my home away from home. I just love updating my ship builds, testing new designs on paper, especially after I got into the Engineers side-game when commodities were dropped.

I don't like the RNG gig all that much. But I also never played RPG board-games back in the past, so that could explain my aversion, the heebie-jeebies. And I don't like to waste the hard to come by, rare mats. But I digress and like the man said, The Complaints Department is down the hall.

I'm retired old-school techie. I go back to mainframes, IBM punch card machines, The Dark Ages before the Internet. But I couldn't code my way out of a wet paper bag if my life depended on it. The best I can do, is to copy sections from Windows .bat batch files to make my own files.. uhm, I could always refresh my resumé if anyone is hiring.??

But seriousement, as a kid who read sci-fi books in the 60's, I live in awe of Elite-D on the screen in front of me. And sometimes it seems like a day doesn't go by, that I discover a new 3rd party web site that supports the game. That will never cease to amaze me, the broad ranging community backing the game, and all the hard work they do.

Originally Posted by Kraytex1 View Post (Source)
    You never should have brought this on the community this way. Totally the wrong way to go about it.
    I agree with what you said, but the way you did it... wow. Look what you did to the community..
    Yeah, you took what was once a utopia of cooperation and compromise, and turned it into a hell hole of people who bicker and fight and...

Oh...

CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

Originally Posted by Raile View Post (Source)
    All this talk about the 3rd party devs, what about the 4rth party devs, what of their plight?
    You monsters.
    Yeah...if only y'all could experience the 10th dimension you'd all be amazed by how much I've accomplished!
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Personally, I love what these guys have done with these tools. I couldn't have done half the things I've done in game without them.
    So even devs use community tools good to know ha ha! Way to go! Good choice!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

Piracy By Sandro Sammarco

Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!

13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1348
    Wow, so much has happened while I have been away from the office this afternoon. Everyone on the dev team wants to make the game as awesome as possible, but there are so many competing demands. I expect to continue to work on the Journal, although please note it is not my top priority, but I am sure we can improve lines of communication.
    @rhevian

aaargh this is my free weekend, ccould you please consider re-enabling those websites I cant even play the game without EDDB

You have my support Commanders. I too use several of those tools, and find them very useful additions in my travels through the verse.

o7 o7 o7 o7 o7

There are wolves, there are sheep. I am the sheepdog.

I hunt the things that go bump in the night.

Page 90 of 137 FirstFirst ... 80868788899091929394100 ... LastLast