Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 99.9 % of the people that showed up today didn't get to do jack

99.9 % of the people that showed up today didn't get to do jack

It appears that you can only get to be involved in this game if you are part of the cool kids group. We were sent to a system out of the way so the popular players could get their game on. It was awesome being part of the 99.9 percent of the players that didn't get to do anything but jump back to the bubble.

I new my hopes were to high when I was expecting a fun filled player event. I should have known better.

You got hyped...

And there lies your error. Expect nothing, and never be disappointed. It feels phenomenal!

To be fair, I was following Salomé from the starting system, and I only got to interdict her once after roughly 400 Ly of chasing, then never finding her again until she was destroyed. I was low wake hopping like no tomorrow, too.

I didn't get any special treatment just because I'm known in the community.
    http://i.imgur.com/rgHEfe6.jpg

Originally Posted by Thrustmaster View Post (Source)
    It appears that you can only get to be involved in this game if you are part of the cool kids group. We were sent to a system out of the way so the popular players could get their game on. It was awesome being part of the 99.9 percent of the players that didn't get to do anything but jump back to the bubble.

I new my hopes were to high when I was expecting a fun filled player event. I should have known better.
    If you're a new player who just jumped in the game, don't worry, you haven't lost anything special in the past either. Every other """Community events absolutely not organized by fdevs wink wink""" have been holes in the water as much as this, they were just smaller in scope and weren't so loudly advertised.

Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    To be fair, I was following Salomé from the starting system, and I only got to interdict her once after roughly 400 Ly of chasing, then never finding her again until she was destroyed. I was low wake hopping like no tomorrow, too.

I actually found the chasing her on the galaxy map so original Bucky Ball run pre route planners days, had great fun with it even if I never instanced

I wanted to get involved, but didn't bother because I expected it to be a mess. After watching some of the streams, I'm glad I decided to eat lunch instead. I was so bored watching other people fail to instance, or get disconnected, or crash for hours. Actually playing it would have just peeved me off. The P2P system is simply never, ever going to allow for cool community events like this to actually work.
    Commander Bull F. Rog

FX 8320 OC'd @ 4.0 Ghz
    Radeon RX 470 8gb
    12 GB DDR3

Cant beat blowing your own trumpet.

I didn't mind that she died. I hated her character in the book anyway, and it was always kind of obvious that SDC was gonna do this. What irritated me was the instancing. It's almost impossible to participate. We were flying all over the place, never saw her once. After I saw Harry on twitch take her down it was just like, ok, I guess that's done, would like to actually play next time.

Well if there's any sort of decal or anything going around I hope I can get my mits on one. I enjoyed my self. Nice little bit of data to be had at the end too if you know the right system.

Originally Posted by akaliel View Post (Source)
    I didn't mind that she died. I hated her character in the book anyway, and it was always kind of obvious that SDC was gonna do this. What irritated me was the instancing. It's almost impossible to participate. We were flying all over the place, never saw her once. After I saw Harry on twitch take her down it was just like, ok, I guess that's done, would like to actually play next time.
    Instancing definitely was a pain to deal with, for sure.

You still gave us a helluva fright though!

Events like this dont work in this game. If it had an Eve-Online like Server, it would have been epic but it dosent. Im not getting at Drew, or FD, im glad a lot of people had fun, and i knew instancing would be a thing, i just wasn't prepared for how bad.

I was never in a system with more than 6 people, i started heading back to the Bubble, falling behind when i was trying to figure out where the hell she was even going, before realising im actually just chasing a ghost im likely never going to see doing the same thing i do everyday in ED; jump and scoop.

Because of this i decided to watch a Stream. God i hate Twitch, fanboys squeeing/spamming chat, people talking about irrelevant things and pointless crap popping up in the middle of the screen when someone FOR REASONS UNKNOWN pays them MONEY to play a game and do what i was just doing! Anyway; i digress. This stream guy was just doing what i was doing, jump scooping, and he had like 4 scouts telling him where to go, very anti-climactic.

Lesson learnt, events like this will be fun to read about afterward by the 99.9% as you call it to see what happened but i would not do a 50 jump trip to follow one again. Its like watching a car chase in a movie whilst driving down the same road yourself. Following an unknown path back to the bubble hoping that eventually the 6 people you end up being instanced with are relevant to the event and not just 6 other poor sods trying to get involved like yourself dosent work.

I do genuinely hope though that everyone that was involved and put a lot of effort in to some meaningful interaction within the event had a good time, put some good vids up .

Originally Posted by domaq View Post (Source)
    You still gave us a helluva fright though!
    Heh, I wasn't planing on blowing her up but I guess I did cause a slight panic

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    You got hyped...

And there lies your error. Expect nothing, and never be disappointed. It feels phenomenal!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast