Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A way to get Abnormal Compact Emission Data

Originally Posted by biohazard15 View Post (Source)
    ...and also Classified Scan Fragment. (and some other data).

I don't know how you found out how to do this but I have to say I am really impressed. Dropped off some exploration data at a suitable station, got the permit and sat for a while scanning these these flights of three vessels - ACED on first scan. After an hour or so I have a stack of these (36 in the bank should last a while) and loads of other data.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Yosharian View Post (Source)
    Just adding a post to this thread to say this does not work if you are allied with the faction that spawns the ships.
    Really? Not come across that before, although it might explain the large variance in experiences between different players. On top of the exiting RNG of course.

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    After an hour or so I have a stack of these (36 in the bank should last a while) and loads of other data.
    Like this. I was there for 50 minutes or so the other night and got a grand total of nine, although the first six of those were in the first few scans. If they'd kept up that frequency I'd have had hundreds. Maybe reputation is a factor. I can't imagine why, lore-wise, but given the way FD seeds the RNG with those strange context-aware lookup tables nothing would surprise me at this point.

I was there for two hours and got 9 ACED. I did get a ton of those Classified Scan Datas, though.

Today is Sunday/06/10/2018.

I can say with certainty that obtaining ACED and CSF this way still works. I just maxed out my ship's hold with them, 100 of each.

Play in Solo. It seems to produce faster results.

With Jameson's Cobra, other ways to obtain data are sorta irrelevant. Nice to know Isinor convoy still works, though.

With Jameson's Cobra, other ways to obtain data are sorta irrelevant. Nice to know Isinor convoy still works, though.
    I don't remember getting much other than the logs from the site. Are you saying that it is a place to harvest data materials now?

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    I don't remember getting much other than the logs from the site. Are you saying that it is a place to harvest data materials now?
    There's four beacons, each(!) gives you data. Relog to reset them. They give AEA (G4) and AEC (G5). If you stand in the right place (so you can scan all 4 beacons from turret, without moving SRV), it takes about 40 mins to fill both.

Jameson's Cobra is definitely useful, and with material trading, it'll get you what you need. As they're beacons, though, they tend to give you encryptions and firmware. There's obviously no wake data, or shield data.

Isinor still works, but I have a feeling that even with the 6-1 trade involved, it'll still be less effective than the Cobra. This being Elite, I have no doubt someone will make that calculation.

Oh wait, that's me. Let's see. This is going to be quick and dirty. Feel free to correct and finetune. Going for good enough to base a decision on.

* Cobra:
    4 scans per relog, with guaranteed 1, sometimes 2 (around 1 in 4 times, near as I can tell) scan data. That means 5 scan results every relog. That means 15 data packets. That means 2.5 of whatever data you want, per relog.

* Isinor:
    3 scans per relog, around 1 data every 4+ scans. Calculation done. Would be a different story if Isinor delivered ACED consistently.

The only hassle is flying to and fro an encoding materials trader. Closest is Ray Gateway, in Diaguandri, a little under 100 Ly.

There's four beacons, each(!) gives you data. Relog to reset them. They give AEA (G4) and AEC (G5). If you stand in the right place (so you can scan all 4 beacons from turret, without moving SRV), it takes about 40 mins to fill both.
    Thanks for that - those two encryption mats are like rocking-horse doo-doo to me so I am glad to learn of this. I have only gone to the crash site once (yonks ago) and maybe when I was there it didn't register to me that those mats were produced.

Originally Posted by Yosharian View Post (Source)
    Just adding a post to this thread to say this does not work if you are allied with the faction that spawns the ships.

I am, and as a result I get nothing from them. Shame that I spent all this time getting an Isinor permit just to find that out, but oh well.

Edit: HOWEVER, the other point near the convoy beacon contains scannable ships! Woop woop
    You can downgrade reputation with them very fast,accepting missions and abandon them!

Small edit inside the OP post and verification today, with thanks to the original author:

...and also Classified Scan Fragment. (and some other data).

1. Get Isinor permit. The easiest way to do this is to go to Anotchadiae and sell exploration data at any station\outpost controlled by Chapter of Isinor. You will need to feed them with cca 3M CR (or about 1.5M exploration data and cca 1.5M donation in my case) to get from default (85% neutral) to Allied. Of course, you may do it via other ways (missions, trading, BH). As soon as you're allied with them, get a permit "mission" from mission board (you may need to relog one or several times in order for it to appear). The "mission" itself is basically a check - as soon as you take it (at another station under their control in my case), you'll get a message that reads "You now have Isinor permit" and you can go to Isinor.

2. Go to Isinor and find "Convoy beacon" navpoint near Maodun (1st planet). It is a persistent navpoint and can be seen from entry point. Jump to it.
    3. Inside, you will find a convoy comprised of T9 and a pair of Condas. Note where they appear (look at the contrails) and follow them 11.5 KM. Stop and park your ship directly on their path. Now You can scan them (they will come to the same spot after relog), and You can also scan their wakes.

4. Relogfest! Relog, ID all three ships, repeat. Sometimes you will get nothing - but sometimes you will get ACED and\or CSF. This may not be the fastest way possible, but it is the fastest way I know of.
    5. Go to the compromised unauthorized station (permanent). Scan ships to get more data and just collect materials for shields, during the (permanent) NPC battle. Do not engage them.

Inventory:

Convoy:
    Atypical disrupted Wake
    Datamined Wake
    Anomalous FSD Telemetry
    Encoded Shield Cycle Readings (many)
    Divergent Scan Data
    Distorted Shield Cycle Readings
    Classified Scan Fragment
    Abnormal Compact Emissions Data
    Inconsistent Shield Soak Analysis

Compromised:
    Inc Shield Data
    Ano Bulk
    Distorted Shield Cycle Recordings 3 items
    Aberrant Shield
    Untypical Shield Scans

Encoded USS: Un Em Data

Originally Posted by ExoForce View Post (Source)
    and just collect materials for shields, during the (permanent) NPC battle. Do not engage them.
    Sometime's ED's lack of logical behaviour is annoying, but in this case there's something quite delightful about a universe in which two warring factions kicking the eternal snot out of each other will happily ignore the little freighter drifting through the battlespace, hoovering up the valuable detritus from their ships. It's the sort of stunt Harry Mudd might have pulled, and somehow got away with. I love that we can do it in this game.

Jameson's crashed cobra.

nuff said.

Originally Posted by Jack Schitt View Post (Source)
    Sometime's ED's lack of logical behaviour is annoying, but in this case there's something quite delightful about a universe in which two warring factions kicking the eternal snot out of each other will happily ignore the little freighter drifting through the battlespace, hoovering up the valuable detritus from their ships. It's the sort of stunt Harry Mudd might have pulled, and somehow got away with. I love that we can do it in this game.
    Good comment xD made me chuckle, rep+

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345