Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Aquarian Job (06.05.3303 - 14.05.3303)

I quite like the Adder to fly. The only downside of it, as you say, is the restricted view.

The Cobra is 4 times more expensive. That would be the main (only?) reason to go with the Adder since one of the motivations behind the stock class is to have a class that everyone can compete in equally, from the oldest pro to the newest BRC recruit.

It would be interesting to hear from some of our newest competitors how they would feel about entry level being a 350k CR ship.

Personally I'd love it to be the Cobra (that view from the Adder cockpit, while funny for Aquarian Job, might start to get annoying).

Originally Posted by Polly View Post (Source)
    Thanks for a great race Aken!

Because of a broken rib* I couldn't take advantage of the extended cut, but I plan to be fully healed** before next race. Congratulations to all of you that feel like you deserve congratulations and a comforting pat on the back for the rest of you!
    Sorry to hear that, Polly. Hope you'll get well soon. I'll take the comforting pat on the back, as I couldn't get enough time to race.

Thanks for hosting this great race, Aken. It was really varied and challenging.

The Adder with the standard class setup was very forgiving and easy on the station exit and entry btw. I liked that.

Not that many ships that a lesser experienced pilot can boost inside the station and not hit anything on their way out.

5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #470
    Lead Games Designer
    Frontier Developments
    Frontier Employee
    I came 9th in my first race...pity it's only a game otherwise I'd be the next lewis hamilton, minus the crashing and going boom in space...and the coming 9th.
    So i'm not lewis hamilton, I'm sure i'll get over it.

Yey for 9th.

Originally Posted by Steve Kirby View Post (Source)
    I came 9th in my first race...pity it's only a game otherwise I'd be the next lewis hamilton, minus the crashing and going boom in space...and the coming 9th.
    So i'm not lewis hamilton, I'm sure i'll get over it.

Yey for 9th.
    You've got a week-and-a-half to get your long-range ships together for a more traditional, "go as fast as you can" type of race.

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    You've got a week-and-a-half to get your long-range ships together for a more traditional, "go as fast as you can" type of race.
    Or, if you want another crack at SRV driving, there's the Candyball Plutarch Rally event on now.

Originally Posted by Bruski View Post (Source)
    [B]It's Getting Hot in Here: A SpaceBear Story
    This is all incredible.

We all have our ways in which we'll go to incredible lengths to make something happen, I suppose. Doing something like this, though, would never even have occurred to me. It runs counter to the way I think; I have a bit too much roleplayer in me; I don't enjoy stretching the versimilitude of the simulation like this. I also tend to avoid races that involve doing things that are deliberately destructive. I avoid intentionally damaging/destroying my ships (except in the direct pursuit of actual speed, which is a necessity of racing sometimes), because I love them. Even self-destructing to get back from Sadge in time for BBR X was painful (even though it never happened in my Commander's story in my head) to me. This is no knock against those who enjoy such mechanics or races that employ them; as long as y'all enjoy them, they have their place. They just aren't my style.

I said all that to give you context for what I'm saying next.

Even as someone with an avowed, passionate distaste for metagaming, I can't be anything but impressed and honestly a little awed by the depth of this analysis and the amount of time and effort that obviously went into it. Not to mention the skill it took to actually make it happen in practice.

This is really amazing stuff, Bruski. My hat is off to you. You do spectacular work.

So you know how our average times for the 13km SRV section were around 9 minutes? ... well, you might want to see what our heroic Cmdr Tannik Seldon is capable of when it comes to racing 67km without a planet spanning shipyard diversion!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/352225-Candy-Crew-Guild-presents-the-Candyball-Rally-of-Plutarch!?p=5546214&viewfull=1#post5546214

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132