Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: TradeDangerous: power-user trade optimizer

Originally Posted by wolverine2710 View Post (Source)
    2. trade.py update aulin --editor "C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe". Open notepad++, on the prompt it shows the command finishing directly and I see the following message: "- No changes detected - doing nothing. Briljant!". The file stays open in notepad++ but after a while it detects that the file no longer exists. Perhaps the way notepad++ works.
    That's because notepad++ is running asynchronous and returns immediately after the command is executed. Maybe there is a commandline options to not do this? I don't have notepad++ but after a quick look at the online help you may try: "-multiInst -nosession"

3. trade.py aulin --notepad. When I edit ONE commodity and save and I look at the trade dangerous.prices file I notice that the timestamp for ALL commodities for that station have changed. Hence it makes it impossible for me to detect later what I did change manually.
    The importer only checks if you have changed the file and not if you have changed a line inside the file. All items inside the file will be imported with a new timestamp. If you want your own timestamp you will need to add this inside the file. I have changed the trade.py so that it will export all columns with the update command:
    trade.py, line 535 from
    Code:
    prices.dumpPrices(args.db, file=tmpFile, stationID=stationID, debug=args.debug)
    to
    Code:
    prices.dumpPrices(args.db, withModified=True, file=tmpFile, stationID=stationID, debug=args.debug)
    WARNING: If you delete an item in the file it will also be deleted in the database!

4. Related to 3 but probably by design. Using trade.py updates resets all stock/demand to -1L-1
    That's because you didn't supply the numbers. -1 means "I don't know"

@gazelle. Thanks for the all the information. Have played with TD all day. Kfsone has created a very nice and extremely fast tool.

I'm going to be scarce this week, on-boarding at a new job. If you grab the latest TradeDangerous.sql, I've added a half dozen new stations. If you look in data/TradeDangerous.sql you can see how its done. What I'm missing are stars =/ That's going to be a bit more interesting, and will either need to be done by triangulation (that is, for each new star, find the distance to 3 or is it 4, other known stars).

I saw there was a discussion between gazelle/wolverine but I didn't read it yet guys, sorry.

I may have time to stop and take a look Sunday.

-Oliver

Originally Posted by kfsone View Post (Source)
    I'm going to be scarce this week, on-boarding at a new job. If you grab the latest TradeDangerous.sql, I've added a half dozen new stations. If you look in data/TradeDangerous.sql you can see how its done. What I'm missing are stars =/ That's going to be a bit more interesting, and will either need to be done by triangulation (that is, for each new star, find the distance to 3 or is it 4, other known stars).

I saw there was a discussion between gazelle/wolverine but I didn't read it yet guys, sorry.

I may have time to stop and take a look Sunday.

-Oliver
    Thanks for the tool, I've been using it to keep a personal log of prices as I travel in Beta 2.

A couple of things I've noticed since the update:

Gallium and Beryllium were both moved from Minerals to Metals.

The cargo space of ships is no longer set in stone. I've only personally got as far as a hauler so far but by default that vessel now has an 8 tonne cargo space. You can increase this by upgrading or replacing modules so perhaps a feature to define cargo space via the command line would be useful. (I've been editing it manually in the sql file)

The --capacity flag can handle that as well.

thanks for the info, didn't notice that flag.

Extra systems courtesy of the coordinates on the spreadsheet Michael Brookes released:

http://pastebin.com/MQD1Afkn

NOTE: Index 270 (Training) and Index 271 (Destination) should be removed. I think Micheal Brookes included them in the spreadsheet as they have bases but they doesn't exist in the playable galaxy. They're only used in the tutorials.

I actually had them both come up in route planning

Code:
    trade.py nav --ship hauler --full --ly 7.37 eranin wyrd
    From ERANIN to WYRD with 7.37ly per jump limit.
    System                         (Jump Ly)
    ----------------------------------------
    ERANIN                         (   0.00)
    TRAINING                       (   2.40)
    AULIN                          (   5.51)
    BD+47 2112                     (   7.16)
    WYRD                           (   5.12)
    Code:
    trade.py nav --ship hauler --full --ly 7.53 asellusprimus aulin
    From ASELLUS PRIMUS to AULIN with 7.53ly per jump limit.
    System                         (Jump Ly)
    ----------------------------------------
    ASELLUS PRIMUS                 (   0.00)
    DESTINATION                    (   6.88)
    AULIN                          (   4.95)

I started to add in systems, stations and prices and then realized a huge issue.

Brookes didn't give us all of the systems. Those systems in the list all have markets in them.

I flew to the other side of the bubble and have been logging those markets. Problem is that you have to jump to non-market systems to get to the next market systems. As that we don't have data..no routes will populate.

We have that under way to scope out the new systems. If you want to help please add data.
    Use this form to submit readings
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10YY...QAZE8/viewform

The most optimal way, is to jump to one of these intermediate systems that we don't have coordinates for, and then enter the distances to preferrably 5 or 6 known systems picked from the galactic map. We can then solve some equations and triangulate exactly where this system is. You can throw in some unknown distances too if you like, more data is more power!

I'll start adding to that.

I just to the other side of the pill and I forked tradedangerous so I can add systems,stations and market data into the tool. I'll just add that to my list.

First few new locations calculated - but don't use SagA*!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Originally Posted by Codec View Post (Source)
    First few new locations calculated - but don't use SagA*!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    I'll add those into the database. I don't know if kfsone will pull my updates into the main repository but my fork is slowly adding systems from the far end of the pill towards core systems. I'm able to do about 4 systems a day due to my schedule. So if you do use my fork, use at your own risk. Until Kfsone looks over my updates, I wouldn't consider it safe.

Great stuff - where is your fork available from?

They have all been added. I'll add my account to the document and add them to the database as you get them done.

Fork is here https://bitbucket.org/ShadowGar/tradedangerous

Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast