Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 147153154155156157
Results 2,341 to 2,346 of 2346

Thread: TradeDangerous: power-user trade optimizer

Originally Posted by Avi0013 View Post (Source)
    It's back online!

I wonder if there is any way we can help maddavo make it more resilient or have a backup server.
    Someone a few pages back in this forum suggested that we need to get a US and EU mirror of Maddavo’s site. I have no idea how that is done though. Is there anyone technical on the forum could give us a clue how this could be achieved? Would the mirror site still work if Maddavo’s goes down or would the problem be replicated?

Originally Posted by CMDR Ibizan View Post (Source)
    Someone a few pages back in this forum suggested that we need to get a US and EU mirror of Maddavo’s site. I have no idea how that is done though. Is there anyone technical on the forum could give us a clue how this could be achieved? Would the mirror site still work if Maddavo’s goes down or would the problem be replicated?
    Would not be easier to move to a JSON format from other dumps?

Originally Posted by AnthorNet View Post (Source)
    Would not be easier to move to a JSON format from other dumps?
    Quite possibly Anthornet but I have no idea how to do that!

Neither do I, but I'd be interested in helping get a mirror/backup off of the ground if possible. What is entailed in either mirroring or haveing similar functionality using JSONS or whatnot? My programming skills are limited to statistical programming; I have no experience or skills with websites or internet communication

It seems that Oliver (kfsone), bernd (gazelle), and Dave (maddavo) have all moved on to bigger and better things, and G-d bless them for it! Is there anyone who uses Trade Dangerous who would be able to figure out how the imports work (perhaps based on the edapi plugin) and who could engineer a way for us to use the master EDDB database (which is constantly being updated by those of us running EDMC or EDDiscovery and the like) instead of maddavo's database? As EDDB is updated in realtime, it's more accurate than maddavo, I reckon, but they may want us (or whomever) to cretae a semi-static databse which only pulls maybe once an hour so as to minimize traffic. I don't know Perhaps there is a charitable soul in EDDB or EDSM etc who would be willing to help us out? Is there a developers forum on this or another related database which at which we can ask?