Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 196199200201
Results 3,001 to 3,007 of 3007

Thread: TradeDangerous: power-user trade optimizer

Originally Posted by MarkAusten View Post (Source)
    I have a work around for the issue for the moment bu in my investigations I note that SQLite is set up not to use FK constraints by default, it is probably a good idea either to enable the FK constraints ("PRAGMA foreign_keys=ON") and ensure that the values are correctly set or leave the FK constraints off and remove the FK definitions from the database schema. The former is the preferred option, obviously, but may involve a lot of work to ensure the referential integrity.
    Just as a point I think it's important to make - we (by which I really mean eyeonus) are not in the business of making big changes to TD. The plan was and still is to have a method of getting data into the existing TD, with minimal changes/work in a post-maddavo world. At present we have one stupid bug which is hard to pin down (https://github.com/eyeonus/EDDBlink-listener/issues/7), but once that it resolved, then we will be ready to release. Mission creep into messing with the TD database in any way which "may involve a lot of work" is not one of the project deliverables.

Originally Posted by Tromador View Post (Source)
    Just as a point I think it's important to make - we (by which I really mean eyeonus) are not in the business of making big changes to TD. The plan was and still is to have a method of getting data into the existing TD, with minimal changes/work in a post-maddavo world. At present we have one stupid bug which is hard to pin down (https://github.com/eyeonus/EDDBlink-listener/issues/7), but once that it resolved, then we will be ready to release. Mission creep into messing with the TD database in any way which "may involve a lot of work" is not one of the project deliverables.
    Fair point. However I reserve the right to raise it again should it become and issue that I can't solve with a work-around in future.

Frankly, if I knew python better I'd take a look myself but that programming language is not one that I wish to be familiar with.

Anything we quasi-programmers can do to help nail that problem down?

Originally Posted by MarkAusten View Post (Source)
    Fair point. However I reserve the right to raise it again should it become and issue that I can't solve with a work-around in future.

Frankly, if I knew python better I'd take a look myself but that programming language is not one that I wish to be familiar with.
    If we change a load of stuff, maybe - but in this case, the only change was a (now reverted) kludge to workaround a problem created for us. If (as is likely) we've changed nothing, then I imagine we would refer you to the python manual and the source code, like it or not!

Originally Posted by Avi0013 View Post (Source)
    Anything we quasi-programmers can do to help nail that problem down?
    Mebbe... if you find one where it's not working, you might try testing the SQL manually.

If you see my comment here you could insert the code snippet to debug the SQL - lots of output, so be warned - then use that debug output to give the underlying SQL commands. Then try those manually on the database through a DB app which lets you run arbitrary SQL commands. See if they also fail. Read on in that thread about the INPUT vs UPDATE statements and what/why the difference, so you know what you need to see. Then let us know what happened.

Other than that, point any python guru friends at it and see if they can see something untoward? If eyeonus or my testing showed up anything obvious it would already be fixed. It's rather vexing.

Mebbe... if you find one where it's not working, you might try testing the SQL manually.

If you see my comment here you could insert the code snippet to debug the SQL - lots of output, so be warned - then use that debug output to give the underlying SQL commands. Then try those manually on the database through a DB app which lets you run arbitrary SQL commands. See if they also fail. Read on in that thread about the INPUT vs UPDATE statements and what/why the difference, so you know what you need to see. Then let us know what happened.

Other than that, point any python guru friends at it and see if they can see something untoward? If eyeonus or my testing showed up anything obvious it would already be fixed. It's rather vexing.
    I wonder if it is the use of the exception on insert that is the cause of the problem. For testing purposes it would be interesting to see what happens if you use the much slower method of checking to see if the record exists and then inserting or updating as appropriate. If that works then it narrows the problem down to the use of the exception as decision logic and that perhaps being slightly different between different computers.

Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 196199200201