Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: The real reason I killed Salomé & some background

  1. #1

    The real reason I killed Salomé & some background

    Hello everyone,

    I don't normally RP but in this case I feel it might add to the overall story of the 29th event with Salomé and co.

    ---- Back story on my character

    All I ever wanted to be was a trader, taking goods from one station to another. my early days where spent in Lave where I made a small fortune trading electronic goods in my trusty Type-6. though this was to never last... being pirated over and over by a group that calls themselves the CODE made me wonder what I could do to beat back these pirates. I signed up with a group called AEDC a group that focused on diplomacy but had the odd skirmish with pirates, specifically CODE and that's the kind of revenge I wanted!

    I spent my fortune I had built up to build a Cobra MK III that would hopefully allow me to get the revenge I wanted, fit with torpedo's and multi cannons I set out looking for CODE members. it wasn't long before I found what I was looking for, a CODE member in a Hauler!, I pulled around behind the target and began the interdiction, once we where both in normal space I proceeded to dependence multi cannon rounds all over the target, revenge was finally mine. But after getting a taste of the thrill of combat I wanted more.

    Weeks later an AEDC hunting party was deployed to the Lave cluster, I joined in my Cobra to help anyway I could. we found out targets, we all dropped out into normal space and begin a massive dogfight. after from fierce fighting there was only one CODE ship left on the field and was a clear victory for us, an Imperial Clipper was our target. I launched by torpedoes as the shields dropped but the target Clipper was killed before the torpedoes hit and now where turning around, they had targeted our friendly Clipper who was confused by the missile lock warning. They where struck by my torpedoes and killed. My first friendly kill.

    I eventually left AEDC to blaze my own trail or perhaps even join another group. I found myself helping out at community goals getting into small fights with the local pirates.

    One night I was at a community goal checking CMDRs for any bounty I could find, finding plenty in the process, my credit balance we getting fairly big at just over 95 million, I was ready to buy my first Fer-De-Lance and use the big guns all the other big time bounty hunters where using, that's when a group known as the Smiling Dog Crew found me.
    ----

    ---- Events leading to 29th

    Operation Slice the Salomi was one that would require a great deal of planning and preparation to pull off, below is how it was done.

    Stage 1 - The message from the fleet
    I was on some rock out in the middle of nowhere when I received a message, the message read "Salomé is being moved, there is 5 million in it for ya.", I replayed asking for details. I was notified the request came from higher up in the Empire. A power perhaps? Salomé did attempt to assassinate Denton. I let the CMDR know I would prepare and that I needed any Intel they could get me.

    Stage 2 - Join the defense
    This stage was a simple one, but to pull this off was going to take a great deal of skill and time, time was something I didn't have much of. The plan was to join the defense teams, get any Intel I could and most of all see if I could trick the defense teams in someway.

    Over the course of a few weeks I was able to move higher up through the ranks and began ordering CMDRs that the best course of action for a successful defense was to leave weapons at home so that target identification could be simplified, I was not alone in this infiltration though I had some of my bounty hunter friends helping me push through these changes, giving examples of how leaving weapons at home would help and if they didn't how the entire operation could be disrupted with friendly fire and ultimately end in the death of Salomé, a chance none of the defense team wanted to take. it was desired that only handful of pilots would bring weapons to the fleets, all other ships where scouts or interdiction tasked with removing enemy ships from super cruse before they would even get close, the plan was solid, further I and my friends had managed to convince the entire fleet to disarm themselves.

    Stage 3 - The 29th
    This was the big day, my ship was ready. I knew the kind of ship configurations I would be going up against and was ready. I set out following any Intel I could get, Salomé was sighted throughout the day as I chased, I knew I was close now I just needed Salomé to slow down for what ever reason and I would have her. sure enough after a long chase across the stars I finally found CMDR Salomé in the Anumclaw system, once in range I pulled Salomé's Imperial Clipper to normal space where I proceeded to destroy and kill the terrorist CMDR Salomé once and for all.

    Later that day I received a message, again from a unknown contact it read "You're service the the Empire has not gone unnoticed CMDR".
    ----

    I hope it was a good read folks, first time doing any kind of real RP I guess.
    The video of the fight vs me and Salomé can be found here(Warning, Strong Language!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nybi...bdhsbsyf0wlt0j

  2. #2
    It saddens me that this mysterious contact at the end didn't know the correct "your" to use.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by besieger View Post (Source)
    Hello everyone,

    I don't normally RP but in this case I feel it might add to the overall story of the 29th event with Salomé and co.

    ---- Back story on my character

    All I ever wanted to be was a trader, taking goods from one station to another. my early days where spent in Lave where I made a small fortune trading electronic goods in my trusty Type-6. though this was to never last... being pirated over and over by a group that calls themselves the CODE made me wonder what I could do to beat back these pirates. I signed up with a group called AEDC a group that focused on diplomacy but had the odd skirmish with pirates, specifically CODE and that's the kind of revenge I wanted!

    I spent my fortune I had built up to build a Cobra MK III that would hopefully allow me to get the revenge I wanted, fit with torpedo's and multi cannons I set out looking for CODE members. it wasn't long before I found what I was looking for, a CODE member in a Hauler!, I pulled around behind the target and began the interdiction, once we where both in normal space I proceeded to dependence multi cannon rounds all over the target, revenge was finally mine. But after getting a taste of the thrill of combat I wanted more.

    Weeks later an AEDC hunting party was deployed to the Lave cluster, I joined in my Cobra to help anyway I could. we found out targets, we all dropped out into normal space and begin a massive dogfight. after from fierce fighting there was only one CODE ship left on the field and was a clear victory for us, an Imperial Clipper was our target. I launched by torpedoes as the shields dropped but the target Clipper was killed before the torpedoes hit and now where turning around, they had targeted our friendly Clipper who was confused by the missile lock warning. They where struck by my torpedoes and killed. My first friendly kill.

    I eventually left AEDC to blaze my own trail or perhaps even join another group. I found myself helping out at community goals getting into small fights with the local pirates.

    One night I was at a community goal checking CMDRs for any bounty I could find, finding plenty in the process, my credit balance we getting fairly big at just over 95 million, I was ready to buy my first Fer-De-Lance and use the big guns all the other big time bounty hunters where using, that's when a group known as the Smiling Dog Crew found me.
    ----

    ---- Events leading to 29th

    Operation Slice the Salomi was one that would require a great deal of planning and preparation to pull off, below is how it was done.

    Stage 1 - The message from the fleet
    I was on some rock out in the middle of nowhere when I received a message, the message read "Salomé is being moved, there is 5 million in it for ya.", I replayed asking for details. I was notified the request came from higher up in the Empire. A power perhaps? Salomé did attempt to assassinate Denton. I let the CMDR know I would prepare and that I needed any Intel they could get me.

    Stage 2 - Join the defense
    This stage was a simple one, but to pull this off was going to take a great deal of skill and time, time was something I didn't have much of. The plan was to join the defense teams, get any Intel I could and most of all see if I could trick the defense teams in someway.

    Over the course of a few weeks I was able to move higher up through the ranks and began ordering CMDRs that the best course of action for a successful defense was to leave weapons at home so that target identification could be simplified, I was not alone in this infiltration though I had some of my bounty hunter friends helping me push through these changes, giving examples of how leaving weapons at home would help and if they didn't how the entire operation could be disrupted with friendly fire and ultimately end in the death of Salomé, a chance none of the defense team wanted to take. it was desired that only handful of pilots would bring weapons to the fleets, all other ships where scouts or interdiction tasked with removing enemy ships from super cruse before they would even get close, the plan was solid, further I and my friends had managed to convince the entire fleet to disarm themselves.

    Stage 3 - The 29th
    This was the big day, my ship was ready. I knew the kind of ship configurations I would be going up against and was ready. I set out following any Intel I could get, Salomé was sighted throughout the day as I chased, I knew I was close now I just needed Salomé to slow down for what ever reason and I would have her. sure enough after a long chase across the stars I finally found CMDR Salomé in the Anumclaw system, once in range I pulled Salomé's Imperial Clipper to normal space where I proceeded to destroy and kill the terrorist CMDR Salomé once and for all.

    Later that day I received a message, again from a unknown contact it read "You're service the the Empire has not gone unnoticed CMDR".
    ----

    I hope it was a good read folks, first time doing any kind of real RP I guess.
    The video of the fight vs me and Salomé can be found here(Warning, Strong Language!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nybi...bdhsbsyf0wlt0j
    Nice bit of RP. Not sure we can trust everything we hear from the notorious and boastful Harry Potter but it all holds together. Shame that this post will be lost to the majority on these forums. Hopefully, at least Drew will read it so he can flesh out your character in the book.

    For what it's worth, I understand that you are playing a game you love and blazing your own trail. My trail is currently very different to yours, but I don't mind one bit if you or anyone else blasts my Type-6 to bits. I've never managed a player kill but being attacked by PCs is the most exciting thing that happens to me in the game and has made me learn how to run away. Maybe I too will eventually end up being drawn to the dark side.

    Right on, Commander!

  4. #4
    I am not onboard with the ganking but i do appreciate that you took the time to add background and story to the event of the 29th.
    Now all the people complaining at least have answers.
    And to be honest i dont think the salome character would have made it anyway all the attention went to her and not the accomplices.

  5. #5
    I regret that kill of Salomi from one reason.
    She had long black hairs. She was the one of lasts real woman in that transgender universe.

    I wished she survive

    That's why i played in defense.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Kyokushin View Post (Source)
    I regret that kill of Salomi from one reason.
    She had long black hairs. She was the one of lasts real woman in that transgender universe.

    I wished she survive

    That's why i played in defense.
    She was a cutie pie alright, and your right, that is rare in the universe.
    Seemed like a cheap ending. Should have been high drama and not a...what? Gank?

  7. #7
    I'm sure my character would have a few things to say, but I applaud you for giving some lore-based context for your infamy.

    o7

  8. #8
    I'm a bit confused here - why was it a "gank"? RP-wise, the OP just explained they were bounty hunting. And it's ones of the few occasions in ED where a bounty hunter has actually put in a lot of preparation effort, not just turned up, scanned and killed. Just because the coup de grace was quick, didn't make it a gank.

    If the OP was a more regular poster to this sub would it make it more acceptable to everyone?

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by madbilly View Post (Source)
    I'm a bit confused here - why was it a "gank"? RP-wise, the OP just explained they were bounty hunting. And it's ones of the few occasions in ED where a bounty hunter has actually put in a lot of preparation effort, not just turned up, scanned and killed. Just because the coup de grace was quick, didn't make it a gank.

    If the OP was a more regular poster to this sub would it make it more acceptable to everyone?
    Unfortunately there are way to many people playing Elite: Dangerous who think that, just because they were 'killed' by another player, they've been "ganked".

    I've been killed by NPCs for no reason other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time ... not carrying cargo, not running a mission, not wanted, not hostile ... simply minding my own business and the NPC drops down, says he doesn't bother with scans, and shreds me to pieces. Apparently if another player does the exact same thing they are supposed to be the lowest of the low.

  10. #10
    To be quite honest, I thought the unarmed interdictor defense was fairly successful. It's likely Salome would have gone down a lot sooner if not for the interdiction harassment. After 5x chain-interdiction attempts, I high-waked out of F Eridani... they didn't much like that I was fully armed.

    What I'd also really like to see, is a video of this from Salome's perspective... like the entire trip... the other VIPs too. Unfortunately enough time has passed where if they had videos, they probably would have uploaded by now

    @besieger I congratulate you on the kill... and especially for the uproar it caused.
    Can you post your ship outfitting? I'm curious what the internals and RNGineer'd stats are.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by BurntJello View Post (Source)
    To be quite honest, I thought the unarmed interdictor defense was fairly successful. It's likely Salome would have gone down a lot sooner if not for the interdiction harassment. After 5x chain-interdiction attempts, I high-waked out of F Eridani... they didn't much like that I was fully armed.

    What I'd also really like to see, is a video of this from Salome's perspective... like the entire trip... the other VIPs too. Unfortunately enough time has passed where if they had videos, they probably would have uploaded by now

    @besieger I congratulate you on the kill... and especially for the uproar it caused.
    Can you post your ship outfitting? I'm curious what the internals and RNGineer'd stats are.
    my build on the day was this: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=A038,F...e38upDIqpDL000

  12. #12
    Good bit of RP thank for adding to what was a great story and sorry for some of the more ridiculous responses you've received. Well done for the kill and the planning it took.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by BurntJello View Post (Source)
    What I'd also really like to see, is a video of this from Salome's perspective... like the entire trip... the other VIPs too. Unfortunately enough time has passed where if they had videos, they probably would have uploaded by now
    .
    I don't think there is a video from Salomé's ships perspective, but you can find video from a member of the wing at the link below, together with a report from COR on the event. It's in 3 parts and is unedited coverage of the entire journey. The final events start at around 40 minutes or so into the second section, but in the first section you can hear how a number of near misses and issues meant that they were quire vulnerable already - in fact you will hear that they should've been already out of Amunclaw before HP even arrived there but were having major issues with FSD.

    You also need to keep in mind that the core wings involved with defending Salomé were COR, whereas PAC was a loose organization formed just for this event and disbanded afterwards.

    http://www.childrenofraxxla.co.uk/fo...omrades-escape!

    I've heard that there's also video from one of the other VIP wings but I don't think it's been uploaded yet - I am not sure how much trouble the other wings ran into as it seemed like the main attackers focussed in on trying to kill Salomé rather than trying to prevent the entire mission from succeeding.

    Needless to say, the COR report (and also the PAC reports that I have seen) differ from the description above, in particular in how much Besieger was actually trusted by the PAC leadership and COR. As with all things in the ED galaxy - I guess it's up to you to decide who you believe, if anybody.

    You will also hear that Salomé was caught a couple of times before this and barely escaped, and actually escaped from HP himself a few systems before that (before interdiction).

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Lordxenu View Post (Source)
    Good bit of RP thank for adding to what was a great story and sorry for some of the more ridiculous responses you've received. Well done for the kill and the planning it took.
    Hehe. It's true. There is one born every minute.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Lordxenu View Post (Source)
    Good bit of RP thank for adding to what was a great story and sorry for some of the more ridiculous responses you've received. Well done for the kill and the planning it took.
    Oh you naive fool

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by DukeIronHand View Post (Source)
    Hehe. It's true. There is one born every minute.
    there certainly is!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last