Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #173

Newsletter #173

Federal ship destroyed in mysterious circumstances

NEWSLETTER #173

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

The Galaxy continues to offer up more mysteries this week, with the discovery of both a Federal Ship bearing unique damage and a new Generation Ship. What do these discoveries mean?

Only time will tell.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

FEDERATION SHIP SUFFERS MYSTERIOUS DAMAGE

We've had reports from various sources this week regarding a heavily damaged Federal Ship in Maia.

These reports indicate that the ship has suffered damage unlike that seen from known weapons. Whether this damage is an escalation of the conflict in Maia or something else entirely has yet to be confirmed. Thanks to Canonn Radio for bringing this news to our attention.

NEW GENERATION SHIP DISCOVERED

CMDR Carbucketty has brought us news of another Generation Ship being discovered in the Cosmos - The Pleione.

With this discovery, further mysteries develop as unsettling logs are uncovered along with the ship.

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

MULTI-CREW WITH DASVALDEZ

This week Ed was joined by very special community guest DasValdez.

There's loads to enjoy in this stream, with the pair taking part in some Multi-Crew antics and talking about the real-life science behind real-life rocket launches; be sure to give it a watch!

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

IT'S TIME TO SOAR

For the first time, give your Imperial Eagle a splash of color with the all new Imperial Eagle Paint Jobs.

With Military, Vibrant and Tactical packs available to you, have your Eagle look more glorious than ever before.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

SALOME EVENT REACHES EPIC CONCLUSION

After months of mystery and conspiracy, the Salome event has finally come to a close.

With an incredible 3,000 Commanders taking part in one of the biggest events in Elite Dangerous history, it truly was an incredible spectacle – The aftermath of which will be detailed in Drew Wagar's new novel Elite Dangerous: Premonition.

For a full breakdown of how this remarkable event unfolded, make sure you check out the excellent article from Polygon.

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

ALLIANCE OUTPOST CAMPAIGN

The Alliance has announced plans to construct a new outpost in the California Nebula and placed an open order for construction materials. An Alliance spokesperson said the outpost would support ongoing Alliance research in the California Nebula.

THE COLONIA EXPANSION

The sixth Colonia migration appeal has now begun, giving the galaxy’s minor factions an opportunity to establish a permanent presence in the Colonia region. Pilots who want to earn their chosen faction a place in the region should transport galactic travel guides from Bluford Orbital in LHS 3447 to Jaques Station in Colonia.

SITAKAPA CAMPAIGN CONCLUDES

A spokesperson for the Sitakapan Expeditionary Forces has announced that the group’s appeal for military-grade weapons and chemicals has been enthusiastically received by the galactic community, resulting in a massive influx of deliveries to Russell Hub, the organisation’s base of operations.

ORDER RESTORED IN CARTOQ

The Cartoq Purple Major Organisation has announced that its campaign to clear the Cartoq system of agitators has been a success. Authorities in Cartoq have extended their gratitude to those who participated in the operation.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

ALLIANCE OUTPOST CAMPAIGN
    California Sector, BV-Y c7

Earn rewards by delivering Geological Equipment, Micro-Weave Cooling Hoses, Building Fabricators, and Energy Grid Assemblies to Darwin Research Facility in the California Sector BV-Y c7 system.

COLONIA MIGRATION APPEAL, MAY 3303

Jaques Station, Colonia

Earn rewards by delivering Galactic Travel Guides to Jaques Station in the Colonia System.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

NO TIME

SpaceBear kicks off the month of May with the third installment of his 'No Time' series, which ranks among some of our favorite cinematic showcases of the beauty of Elite Dangerous.

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe

Enjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Frontier

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

I don't know what to say... Thank you again FDEV for highlight my work and also for all this kind words Im happy and proud that you like my movies inside studio!

Some good shots in that vid.

ok

thanks.

Newsletter on schedule. Thanks!

Thanks for the newsletter

Originally Posted by SpaceBear View Post (Source)
    I don't know what to say... Thank you again FDEV for highlight my work and also for all this kind words Im happy and proud that you like my movies inside studio!
    I really like your videos. Are you participating in the video competition?

Remember, since the creation of Galnet.fr (I created it in January, 2015) you can find the full list of the officials newsletters and all links (not need to speak French!) : http://galnet.fr/newsletter-elite-dangerous/

A part of history

If links are broken or false, please contact me

Founder of the Atlantis Wing & MediCorp. Founder & ex member of the Black Birds Squadron group. http://news.galnet.fr | Twitter | YT Chanel for beginners (French)

For some reason, the regular newsletter was stopped being emailed to me a long time ago.
    I had just assumed that FD had stopped making it. Do they still email it out? If so I'll ask to be put back on the distribution list - don't know why it stopped!

You can manage your subscriptions on the Frontier store website: YOUR ACCOUNT > NEWSLETTER SUBSRIPTIONS (when you're connected)

Newsletters available
    Planet Coaster Newsletter
    Elite Dangerous Newsletter
    Elite Dangerous - XBox
    Re-Engagement Day 1 Exits

and...check your spam box

Founder of the Atlantis Wing & MediCorp. Founder & ex member of the Black Birds Squadron group. http://news.galnet.fr | Twitter | YT Chanel for beginners (French)

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    I really like your videos. Are you participating in the video competition?
    Thank you I decided to not participate

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    No mention of 2.4?!?!
    How is this possible!!!

Originally Posted by Fosdyke View Post (Source)
    How is this possible!!!
    Or PS4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast