Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #174

Malapropism is Alive and Funny :)

Just a quick note on the Newsletter #174, 'On The Horizon' section re the 'Canonn Announce Research Vessel Plans' subsection.

Small malapropism here but a particularly funny one ED. You state that 'The Canonn Research group have contributed to innumerate discoveries within the Galaxy,...'.

I'm sure that Canonn would appreciate the funny side of your innocent error but I think the adjective you were looking for was 'innumerous', not 'innumerate'.

I'm sure you'll agree that the Canonn Research Group members are indeed highly numerate, so the implication that they bumble around the galaxy in mathematical ignorance would be an erroneous one.

Thanks for the chuckle though.

CMDR C-Dweller of the good ship, Womble Fury!

Or "innumerable". My dictionary (hint: I own one so I use it) lists "innumerous" as archaic.

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    Oh look, another "newsletter" without any actual news in it.

Fdev, you really need to re-think and do a complete overhaul for your newsletter content.
    Wow i agree no news at all. ZZZZ.....

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Or "innumerable". My dictionary (hint: I own one so I use it) lists "innumerous" as archaic.
    Indeed. In my defence, I am rather archaic.

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    Newsletter needs more salt.
    For me... It's a bit like ordering fish 'n' chips, but when you open the newspaper wrapping all you got was the newspaper and the salt!

This must be the Canonn edition. A thread was killed over it the other day because it was getting trolled so bad.
    The hardest part of exploring is not falling asleep.

MUST REDRESS THE BALANCE!

I feel that a lot of people seem to be under the impression that FD is a huge endeavour with unlimited resources.
    I for one appreciate everything they're trying to achieve in a much smaller company than many of their competitors.
    I love the effort that they constantly make to keep us as informed as they can.

Re-the newsletters, I'm always happy to get something, with big or small news.
    I love the access they try to grant to the Dev's.

Many of you younger folk haven't got the perspective that us old orig Elite players have. Yes, I'm decidedly greying around the gills now as I was Elite back in '84. But do try and appreciate how relatively small this company is and what an amazing achievement it's been to bring EDH to this level.

It may not be perfect, but nothing ever is. I will however always be supportive of the team who've brought me back into gaming with what is still to my eyes the best space flight sim' out there.

And remember, if you haven't got something positive to say, try taking a breath, then trying to voice your opinions in a more productive & constructive way than by simply venting your frustration. It will often yield greater results.

Lecture over.

See you all out there in the black CMDRs.

Originally Posted by C-Dweller View Post (Source)

I feel that a lot of people seem to be under the impression that FD is a huge endeavour with unlimited resources.
    I for one appreciate everything they're trying to achieve in what is a much smaller company than many of their competitors.

Many of you younger folk haven't got the perspective that us old orig Elite players have. Yes, I'm decidedly greying around the gills now as I was Elite back in '84. But do try and appreciate how relatively small this company is and what an amazing achievement it's been to bring EDH to this level.

It may not be perfect, but nothing ever is. I will however always be supportive to the team who've brought me back into gaming with what is still to my eyes the best space flight sim' out there.

And remember, if you haven't got something positive to say, try taking a breath, then trying to voice your opinions in a more productive & constructive way than by simply venting your frustration. It will often yield greater results.

Lecture over.

Hear! Hear!

I never played the original Elite, but E has become the game I've played the most. It's become my World of Spacecraft.

And I appreciate the small news, since they're easy to glance over and get a feeling of being part of a community. Not all news have to be the big ones.

Keep it coming FD.

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    And also more pepper

They need to push it real good.

Originally Posted by Chaz View Post (Source)
    They need to push it real good.
    Red pepper is not bad also

nice ...

very interested ...

Originally Posted by C-Dweller View Post (Source)

I for one appreciate everything they're trying to achieve in a much smaller company than many of their competitors.

It may not be perfect, but nothing ever is. I will however always be supportive of the team who've brought me back into gaming with what is still to my eyes the best space flight sim' out there.

Lecture over.

I think the decline in participation on the newsletter threads says it all.

I am also a 1984 Elite as well as a Frontier player with plenty of gray hair and plenty of appreciation for the planning DB obviously put into COBRA tech, the team, and the game. All combined such that ED could be delivered in 2 years on relatively small budget.

However, Re-the newsletter, I don't agree. FD should ditch the newsletter, drop it into Davy Jones' locker, 6 ft under. They could instead focus that effort and the weekly CQC waste of time to bring the game more "life". How? With a weekly GalNet video newscast done with in-game footage from hot-spots and re-usable CG bits and over-lays. Have Ed spend time and effort working with Obsidian Ant to make it instead of playing CQC for 1+ hours on a stream each week. I am confident members of the community would be happy to contribute video footage as well. FD could still link community content and plug merchandise at the end (and we get that on the launcher and they could still email an advertisement of the latest sales every-other week or so). This would allow FD to show off the beauty of the game and give the BGS and story-line a bit more life and oomph.

And remember, just because someone criticizes or expresses frustration, it doesn't make the feedback "bad" (as long as it is done respectfully and especially focused on ideas and not persons).

Forum Database Wiki Design Discussion Archive Making Video Games is Hard ED Dev Tracker

Discuss the idea, not the person.
    The universe is deterministic and singular, composed of ordinary objects, ultimately knowable by man. The Copenhagen interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is fantasy, not science.

Originally Posted by DarkMatterGenerator View Post (Source)
    I think the decline in participation on the newsletter threads says it all.
    I have also noticed for some time that there is only a small square of faithful in the forum of the newsletters

Originally Posted by Fosdyke View Post (Source)
    Around June, with the PS4 release we will surely see something interesting in terms of additional developments.

June 27th apparently.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/e.../13226414.html

[Remember Wheaton's Law.]

Originally Posted by dayrth View Post (Source)
    Thank's for the scoop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast