Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 162

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PlayStation 4 Launch Date: June 27

  1. #61
    What does it all mean to us normal PC-commanders? No more updates until PS4 release? I thought there's still a pending update...

  2. #62
    Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    What does it all mean to us normal PC-commanders? No more updates until PS4 release? I thought there's still a pending update...
    No further updates for PC-commanders until all PS4 players have mastered safely landing their sideys. Sorry dude, that's going to be a LOOOOOONG six months for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So glad my Sidey is going to match my car now...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bling-porsche-911-gold-china-1-458x333.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	120883

  3. #63
    Originally Posted by Globusdiablo View Post (Source)
    Great news! SonyVR support confirmed?...
    Nope. From the FAQ:

    Will Elite Dangerous support PlayStation®VR?
    Elite Dangerous is a flagship VR game on PC so of course, VR is important to us. It’s definitely something we’re looking into, but we have nothing to announce for launch.

    https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=365&q=PS4

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    What does it all mean to us normal PC-commanders? No more updates until PS4 release? I thought there's still a pending update...
    2.3.1 is still pending but I don't see how the PS4 release would impact it: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-to-Multi-crew

  5. #65
    Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    2.3.1 is still pending but I don't see how the PS4 release would impact it: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-to-Multi-crew
    Cause now they have to pass through not one, not two, but three separate QA processes.

  6. #66
    Now I have a good reason to get a PS4!

    Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    Shouldn't this thread be merged with the earlier thread?
    Its an important announcement, that's why the new thread Amigo

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by straha20 View Post (Source)
    Nope. From the FAQ:

    Will Elite Dangerous support PlayStation®VR?
    Elite Dangerous is a flagship VR game on PC so of course, VR is important to us. It’s definitely something we’re looking into, but we have nothing to announce for launch.

    https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=365&q=PS4
    With Frontier, "nothing to announce" doesn't always mean "nope." I think if there is a VR component, it will be saved for a big reveal at E3.
    SHIPS: Viper 3 Green Arrow, Vulture Vesuvius, DBX River Song, T7 Transport Big Ugly
    RANKS: Competent (Combat), Merchant (Trade), Pathfinder (Exploration)
    ALLEGIANCES: Sol Workers' Party, Federation (Allied, Cadet)

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by YinYin View Post (Source)
    What about the Cobra mkIV?
    Pretty sure that was a limited time reward CMDR

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by jimithy4833 View Post (Source)
    Pre order complete now just a 42 day wait, this is unbearable!!!
    You can do it!


    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Oh noes... his voice is in my head now! (And it probably will be for the rest of the day!)

  9. #69
    They get gold sidewinders? I demand a megaship! A puce megaship if you please.

    Come along now FDev, chop chop!

  10. #70
    Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    With Frontier, "nothing to announce" doesn't always mean "nope." I think if there is a VR component, it will be saved for a big reveal at E3.
    It's the "something we're looking into" part that is the key. There are things they have been looking into for quite some time that still aren't here.

  11. #71
    Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Hey Mr. Ed Lewis, it would sure be shiny if you use the PS4 version in some of your livestreams between now and release date. Crank up the hype machine, because I'm hyped!!! (Seriously, I'd love to see PS4 ED in action while waiting.)
    I'm sure there will be some teasers Duck

  12. #72
    Originally Posted by CMDR MadRaptor View Post (Source)
    I have a feeling 2.4 might be delayed, for some reason I thought 2.4 was supposed to be available at release of PS4 but it seems no mention of that probably means issues.
    It will fund a new franchise. And any future government pledges...

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post (Source)
    Cause now they have to pass through not one, not two, but three separate QA processes.
    Sure, but as we have seen with Xbox it does not always mean that the certification process holds up a PC patch, they are sometimes several days apart.

    Originally Posted by straha20 View Post (Source)
    Nope. From the FAQ:

    Will Elite Dangerous support PlayStation®VR?
    Elite Dangerous is a flagship VR game on PC so of course, VR is important to us. It’s definitely something we’re looking into, but we have nothing to announce for launch.
    In other words they are working on it but they don't want to announce anything in case something goes wrong (note that with the Oculus CV1 news they were even more secretive than this). I'm pretty sure it's a case of "when" and not "if". They will want ED on PSVR to be seen as a flagship product.

  14. #74
    Originally Posted by reclusivemonkey View Post (Source)
    No further updates for PC-commanders until all PS4 players have mastered safely landing their sideys. Sorry dude, that's going to be a LOOOOOONG six months for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So glad my Sidey is going to match my car now...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bling-porsche-911-gold-china-1-458x333.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	120883
    Ill be surprised if they get passed the Commander Creator tbh. The tutorials should be compulsory to complete. The Last one is a B****

    oh and don't mention HOTAS

    I'm also betting on multiple pledges to Aisling Duval...

  15. #75
    what about the galaxy map bug?
    are you going to fix it or something?
    \\// Live Long and Prosper \\//



Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast