Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Filthy Pirates

Originally Posted by Alucard6679 View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the response

If I was only pirating I would probably stick with the covra for the time being but I like to do a bit if smuggling from time to time and it's hard to really make any money doing that with the cobra's relatively limited space with pirate gear. Plus, next time I want to head out into the black I can just do a quick refitting and be on my way. Not to mention, I actually kinda like the whole easy to kill aspect, makes things interesting and forces me to be more cautious.

Which weapons would you use?
    I'm a fan of 4x dumbfire rocket launchers on the smalls at the moment. Rails was the traditionally popular option before heat went insane, but the capacitor isn't that big on the asp, certainly not for keeping lots of energy weapons going simultaneously - great thing about launchers is they barely need any capacitor juice to run whatsoever. The two mediums, probably down to personal preference. I've got seekers on mine, but multicannons are probably a good shout, especially if you're planning to do much modding. Or there's always packhounds

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by WOLFx288 View Post (Source)
    Also have a weapon loadout question:
    I'm really happy with my two large turret pulses on my python, but Im guessing turrets arent ideal when I want to stop shooting after the shields drop, should I go with gimballed pulses? Btw, the rest of my loadout are a large gimb MC and 2 medium gimb pulses.

Turrets are easy to stop shooting if they're set to target-only mode. Just swap to a firegroup that doesn't have the turrets mapped, and they'll stop firing immediately. They won't start shooting again until you tell them to.
    mostly harmless

mostly

Originally Posted by mung0 View Post (Source)
    I'm a fan of 4x dumbfire rocket launchers on the smalls at the moment. Rails was the traditionally popular option before heat went insane, but the capacitor isn't that big on the asp, certainly not for keeping lots of energy weapons going simultaneously - great thing about launchers is they barely need any capacitor juice to run whatsoever. The two mediums, probably down to personal preference. I've got seekers on mine, but multicannons are probably a good shout, especially if you're planning to do much modding. Or there's always packhounds

- - - Updated - - -

Turrets are easy to stop shooting if they're set to target-only mode. Just swap to a firegroup that doesn't have the turrets mapped, and they'll stop firing immediately. They won't start shooting again until you tell them to.
    ah, cool, thought they'd keep shooting if I switched firegroups, and Im too lazy to untarget and target again

Still learning, after being in the game since gpp...

Still learning, after being in the game since gpp...

mostly harmless

mostly

Well, just had my first 2 piracy experiences... First one only had pp items, so I left him once I noticed. Second one was a t6 carrying a load of imperial slaves, and not only that, he was also wanted xD so I guess it was a pretty good job.
    Will have a clip up soon

- - - Updated - - -

Npcs, btw

Well, just had my first 2 piracy experiences... First one only had pp items, so I left him once I noticed. Second one was a t6 carrying a load of imperial slaves, and not only that, he was also wanted xD so I guess it was a pretty good job.
    Will have a clip up soon

- - - Updated - - -

Npcs, btw
    Look for ships with a refinery, good chance of them carrying diamonds.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ature-diamonds
    mostly harmless

mostly

Best hunting ground for NPC pirating is agriculture systems in anarchy, preferable with high population. There is a few of them in the bubble. No security drops in when you pick up your loot and you dont have to wait to long for mining ships in supercruise, chances for miner there filled with diamonds is very high. Fun and makes a pretty penny.

So, I was thinking about becoming a pirate (the propper kind, not a murder hobbo) and I would like to ask you guys for advices on how to start.
    Bally scallywag sir!

There is a simple test to find out if you are the pirating type, what what!

When you stare at your yourself in the mirror, are you often appalled at what stares back?

If the answer is yes, then you are fully qualified for a life of plunder, murder and other assorted acts of random violence.

Tatty bye old bean, what what
    Once more into the big black; what, what!

H.M.M.S Blonde (Asp E class multirole- MOTHBALLED) H.M.S Daring (Imperial Eagle class fighter)
    H.M.S Broadsword (Vulture class armed data courier) H.M.S Audacity (Eagle class racer)
    H.M.S Ubiquitous (Cobra mkIV class multirole-
    MOTHBALLED) H.M.M.S Argo (Python class freighter)
    H.M.M.S Conveyor (Type 7 freighter)

Im in the pleiades, couldnt find a place that sells manifest scanners

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I need to spread some rep

As some else said look out for npc trade ships hauling diamonds (look for a refinery after scanning the ship) they give a big payout. The Cobra's are great for piracy in wings are loads of fun, if you're after big hauls on your own try using a Clipper or Python.

I do the outlaw/pirate/smuggler role within my player faction, Time of Chaos (we rp as pirates). If you're going to PvP pirate try opening comms with the ship before interdiction saying what you want, we end up having a lot of cmdr's log either during or straight after it. I'll be working the CG's once i've finished some engineering, may see you around.

Originally Posted by K3RM1T View Post (Source)
    As some else said look out for npc trade ships hauling diamonds (look for a refinery after scanning the ship) they give a big payout. The Cobra's are great for piracy in wings are loads of fun, if you're after big hauls on your own try using a Clipper or Python.

I do the outlaw/pirate/smuggler role within my player faction, Time of Chaos (we rp as pirates). If you're going to PvP pirate try opening comms with the ship before interdiction saying what you want, we end up having a lot of cmdr's log either during or straight after it. I'll be working the CG's once i've finished some engineering, may see you around.
    Im not really big on PvP (dont mind being a victim though, gets the adrenalin running) and I'm currently using a python.

Was pirated earlier today at the rares CG, unfortunately RL got in the way a bit and distracted me, had cargo forcibly removed and left with about 30% Hull. The one thing about the encounter I did have an issue with was the initial demand was for more than my ship was equipped to carry. I don't find the text chat easy to coordinate so apologies CMDR for the slow responses. The pirate in question has my respect for the encounter, well played Sir.

Originally Posted by Requiem Mortis View Post (Source)
    Was pirated earlier today at the rares CG, unfortunately RL got in the way a bit and distracted me, had cargo forcibly removed and left with about 30% Hull. The one thing about the encounter I did have an issue with was the initial demand was for more than my ship was equipped to carry. I don't find the text chat easy to coordinate so apologies CMDR for the slow responses. The pirate in question has my respect for the encounter, well played Sir.
    It was interesting mate got bit of cargo
    Pirates ready your breakfast and eat heartly, for tonight, we dine in hell
    Leader of the pirate faction known as the dark marauders

Glad I became a pirate (of sorts, more like an outlaw/scoundrel), being wanted does make things a lot more fun.

Glad I became a pirate (of sorts, more like an outlaw/scoundrel), being wanted does make things a lot more fun.
    This might be the most fun I've had with this game, especially being there the kinda person that gets really into RP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234