Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Filthy Pirates

Originally Posted by WOLFx288 View Post (Source)
    So, I was thinking about becoming a pirate (the propper kind, not a murder hobbo) and I would like to ask you guys for advices on how to start.
    I wouldn't bother they don't allow wooden legs on the Holo me yet, nor is there three cornered hats, eye patches, or parrots it will totally break your immersion.

Originally Posted by mung0 View Post (Source)
    Tbh, no not really. Lack of viable areas to pirate & falling behind in the engineers rat race has been what's made me dormant on the pvpiracy front.

CGs is now where it's at, since the old fishing holes of imp slave routes dried up. But CGs come with usually worthless cargo, so it's really just a for-fun / rp thing now. Problem is, as the CGs are invariably the main hangout of the hobo crowd, it's just logging city central. To a certain extent it's hard to blame the vics - not that I condone logging, but from their perspective they usually won't know the difference between a hobo and a pirate so they'll just log on any aggressor regardless.

I'm pretty much just relieving npc's of their diamonds these days, cause it's kinda fun and relaxing. Quite the opposite of pvpiracy which is hectic as f. I'm just quietly hoping & praying for a future tweak to the economy system (plus anti-log measures while we're at it) that makes profitable & worthwhile pvpiracy a thing once again.
    As I feared then...I keep toying with the idea of doing a bit of piracy but it just doesn't seem viable.

Looks like work needed by FDev, they seem to have it in mind given that it is a selectable multi-crew activity.
    Moo!

Originally Posted by UnhappyDev View Post (Source)
    As I feared then...I keep toying with the idea of doing a bit of piracy but it just doesn't seem viable.

Looks like work needed by FDev, they seem to have it in mind given that it is a selectable multi-crew activity.
    I really dont mind the low payout, It just seems like something fun to do

Absolutely, don't let my miserable outlook put you off. I would be genuinely interested to see how you get on with piracy
    Moo!

Pirating is still entertaining, if you are looking for money just go and rob the ltd-transporter in agriculture systems. Most of the player pirating is going on in cg-systems this days as mungo said, rares-cgs are the best opportunity for this cause you have fun and make some credits, the routes are fixed and known.

And the cg's are interesting cause you have your traders, your player-killers, your role playing security forces and your role playing pirate factions, that makes often up an fun mix. Pirates are hunting the traders, rp-security is hunting the pirates or otherwise, then the player killers coming in and hunting pirates or traders or the securitys, different groups sometimes ally up for a skirmish to pick on the opposing forces and so on...

Heck we sometimes had it more easy to pirate cause rp-security was busy picking on player-killers and had no time to interrupt our business

So all in all pirating is worth your time more then ever. But even if you only plan on stealing cargo, bring shields and bullets. You will need them.

So, having given more thought about where I want to go with my character I've decided on more if a general outlaw. Pretty much thinking​ pirate/smuggler and I have a Cobra (which I've always loved as a ship) but it's just not gonna cut it as far as cargo space goes on top of my pirating equipment, so thinking of upgrading. I'm kind of on a budget (only about 95m in the bank right now) but how do you guys think an AspX would do for that particular dual role? I'm thinking well and I would definitely be affordable for me and give me adequate cargo space but what do you think?

Originally Posted by Alucard6679 View Post (Source)
    So, having given more thought about where I want to go with my character I've decided on more if a general outlaw. Pretty much thinking​ pirate/smuggler and I have a Cobra (which I've always loved as a ship) but it's just not gonna cut it as far as cargo space goes on top of my pirating equipment, so thinking of upgrading. I'm kind of on a budget (only about 95m in the bank right now) but how do you guys think an AspX would do for that particular dual role? I'm thinking well and I would definitely be affordable for me and give me adequate cargo space but what do you think?
    pretty much what I wanna do, probably gonna keep using my python.

pretty much what I wanna do, probably gonna keep using my python.
    No long have my Python unfortunately or I'd do the same

The Python is just fine, i am using one most of the time for pirating even thou i have the big three engineered and ready for action. The best ship for this task is for sure the Cutter, fast, mighty shields and plenty of space for everything. If you are on a budget a federal dropship with dirty drives upgrade could also work well.

Message our boss pirateorc on xbox if you like, teamwork is king when it comes to the cargo-sharing business .

Go to an agriculture system and look for ships with refinery.
    Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

-Imperial Clipper
    -Keyboard
    -Quality hatch breakers

-Start with npcs. They tend to pay better, anyways.
    "Elite is a room full of legos. You can make fun with it, but there's no directions included. And if you try to just run through it, you're just going to end up cussing your head off as your feet are destroyed." --​ Ezren

Originally Posted by Alucard6679 View Post (Source)
    AspX is a fine choice.

Good number of internals, good cargo capacity, a fair turn of speed, and six tightly converging hardpoints - most of which may be small, but you can still pack a punch if you're smart with your outfitting.

Only real tradeoff is survivability - very easy ship to hit and innately poor shield strength. But this only means you need to pick your fights wisely. When it comes to npc's, you can easily escape any fight you'd rather not stick around for.
    mostly harmless

mostly

Originally Posted by mung0 View Post (Source)
    AspX is a fine choice.

Good number of internals, good cargo capacity, a fair turn of speed, and six tightly converging hardpoints - most of which may be small, but you can still pack a punch if you're smart with your outfitting.

Only real tradeoff is survivability - very easy ship to hit and innately poor shield strength. But this only means you need to pick your fights wisely. When it comes to npc's, you can easily escape any fight you'd rather not stick around for.
    Thanks for the response

If I was only pirating I would probably stick with the covra for the time being but I like to do a bit if smuggling from time to time and it's hard to really make any money doing that with the cobra's relatively limited space with pirate gear. Plus, next time I want to head out into the black I can just do a quick refitting and be on my way. Not to mention, I actually kinda like the whole easy to kill aspect, makes things interesting and forces me to be more cautious.

Which weapons would you use?

Also have a weapon loadout question:
    I'm really happy with my two large turret pulses on my python, but Im guessing turrets arent ideal when I want to stop shooting after the shields drop, should I go with gimballed pulses? Btw, the rest of my loadout are a large gimb MC and 2 medium gimb pulses.

Also have a weapon loadout question:
    I'm really happy with my two large turret pulses on my python, but Im guessing turrets arent ideal when I want to stop shooting after the shields drop, should I go with gimballed pulses? Btw, the rest of my loadout are a large gimb MC and 2 medium gimb pulses.
    Yes, On my PvE Python I like runing 2 large pulses , 1 Med beam, and 1 Medium cannon and 1 Large cannon, all gimballed. Make sure to keep the cannons on the Upper part of the ship for extra range.

Also, have a Only pulse and med cannon fire group so you can have a more precise "Tool" for Removing power-plant of weaker ships...
    Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!
    "These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast