Thread: Now that's jump range!

Now that's jump range!

122.74ly I'm getting close to the rim now

Name:  Screenshot_0107.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  90.5 KB
    Playing ED on an LG 34UC88, 34" 21:9 Curved UltraWide WQHD Monitor ● Core i7 3.4GHz 4930K ● 32GB 2133MHz DDR3 RAM ● GeForce GTX 980 ● Samsung 512GB 840 EVO SSD

My wish list of new features for Elite: Dangerous can be read HERE

'You need any sandwiches or cola? I can drop by.

Who put a harpoon in that Anaconda's behind?!?
    Hell Razors' Mentoring Agency.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=146938
    New Commanders, we are prepared to mentor you.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=147109
    Thought on buffing/nerfing.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=197633

Ships; Anaconda The Helping Hand, Asp Explorer The Curious Cricket, Sidewinders Heavyweight Fleas, Viper IV The Knight Viper, Federal Gunship The Drunken Knurd, Eagle The Peregrine Falcon, and Cobra III
    Playing in the PC/Mac Galaxy

I know I should be impressed by this mega jump range, but all I can see is how abysmal the Conda cockpit looks these days and it puts me off caring about anything else.
    Elite Trade : 6/3/17. Hour 1019.
    Elite Exploration : 14/3/17. Hour 1061.

If you're that fussed about immersion then press CTRL+ALT+G

Holy Mother of God!

Is that without neutron supercharge or with?

Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post (Source)
    'You need any sandwiches or cola? I can drop by.

http://i.imgur.com/rHdRbXi.png

Just when you think you're good, someone else comes along!

The questions are are these jumps done w/o injections or neutron assist? The galaxy wonders.

Originally Posted by rrobes View Post (Source)
    Just when you think you're good, someone else comes along!

The questions are are these jumps done w/o injections or neutron assist? The galaxy wonders.
    The first is almost certainly Premium Jumponium, and the second is a Neutron Star Boost, as I can get 111, and 222 respectively in my AspX.

No jumponium. It's ~68 LY Conda charged on a neutron star. (mine, second picture. OP was probably using PJ)

I can touch 69 LY stripped with smaller tank and 55% FSD. But there are guys with 70+ LY out there - they got upgrades early, when it was still possible to reach almost 60%. I wonder if they make more than 300 LY.

Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post (Source)
    No jumponium. It's ~68 LY Conda charged on a neutron star. (mine, second picture. OP was probably using PJ)

I can touch 69 LY stripped with smaller tank and 55% FSD. But there are guys with 70+ LY out there - they got upgrades early, when it was still possible to reach almost 60%. I wonder if they make more than 300 LY.
    I think there was a 285 posted a couple days ago

Originally Posted by VonBlade View Post (Source)
    I know I should be impressed by this mega jump range, but all I can see is how abysmal the Conda cockpit looks these days and it puts me off caring about anything else.
    LOL! I was thinking the exact same thing!

Who on Earth doesn't notice the difference between that and what we had before 2.3?

P.S. Congrats to the OP on the jump! Impressive... But... How can you stand flying your Conda? I've had mine in mothballs since 2.3 went live. Hated it in the Beta and swore I would not deal with that trainwreck in the live game.

It has given me a lot more reasons to use my other ships. I got my Orca up to 60Ly with an over spec roll of the Optimized Mass spec. 56.8%, so it is still possible to hit those, but MAN! It took a lot of rolls!

Goldengoose7 - PC & Xbox One

Originally Posted by GG7 View Post (Source)
    LOL! I was thinking the exact same thing!

Who on Earth doesn't notice the difference between that and what we had before 2.3?

P.S. Congrats to the OP on the jump! Impressive... But... How can you stand flying your Conda? I've had mine in mothballs since 2.3 went live. Hated it in the Beta and swore I would not deal with that trainwreck in the live game.

It has given me a lot more reasons to use my other ships.
    Imagine your surprise when you launched the live game and saw it there...

Originally Posted by straha20 View Post (Source)
    Imagine your surprise when you launched the live game and saw it there...
    Don't mean to derail the OP's thread but...

Unfortunately, it wasn't a surprise at all. After no less than (6) bug reports filed over this issue starting on Day One of the Beta, not to mention all the other players filing similar reports... When nothing was done the week before the release of 2.3, we all knew FD was going to push out the update with the Conda cockpit train wreck intact.

The so-called "Salt" they began to receive upon that release had a good portion of that angst caused by the Conda cockpit issues. Serves them right as far as I am concerned. They can never say they didn't know this was a problem. They just underestimated how many people would be royally ticked off by it being ignored for 7 weeks and then rolled out onto the live servers.

Kind of set the tone for the whole negative 2.3 reception in my opinion.

That said... I am VERY pleased by the news from Ed Lewis recently, that they are currently working on fixing this and promise an even better looking Conda interior than we have ever had in the game. And hopefully an end to the horrible over-bright lighting effects that plague the ship right now.

Okay... I've said my piece. Back to the main topic!

Goldengoose7 - PC & Xbox One