Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin Paintjob in Store!

The vibrant dolphin packs make them look like a vibra-something else.

Originally Posted by Cdr Voorheez View Post (Source)
    A negative response, how original. I don't know why FD bother with their ungrateful spoiled player base.
    Are you saying it's mandatory to be overwhelmingly enthusiastic about every single paint job that Frontier puts into the store? That's a very unrealistic expectation commander, not everyone values or desires the same things when it comes to paint jobs on ships. I personally like paints with some interesting designs or color combinations, like the Arrow paint for the Asp X, or the Expedition paints for the Beluga, or the Sprint paints for the SRV. I was hoping for something along those lines for the Dolphin as it's now one of my favorite ships.

My apologies if my disappointment has triggered your bitter sour side.

A negative response, how original. I don't know why FD bother with their ungrateful spoiled player base.
    Ungrateful and spoiled... this guy

I didn't know that fd was giving all this stuff away for free.

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Aw frack, they just went the simplistic recolor paint jobs, I really wanted something of the quality and creativity like the Beluga Expedition paints. Something really eye catching for the great little Dolphin. Not sure if I'll pick one of these up or wait for better Dolphin paint jobs, I'm a tad disappointed. Think I'll wait to see some people's screenshots of the new colors before deciding.
    Exactly!

But... I am sick of the standard WHITE so I went ahead and bought the Vibrant Pack. I've got this one for all my ships, and I do tend to use several of the colors in there. Including the Blue, Yellow, Orange and Red. Dependng on the ship.

But like you and everyone else, I was really hoping for those more custom schemes like they offer for the Beluga. Something that takes more than 5 minutes to whip out in Photoshop.

Commander Goldengoose7
    A
    isling
    Duval Systems Command
    Cubeo • Medupe City • Official HQ

Originally Posted by VonBlade View Post (Source)
    It's not about being spoilt, it's about zero effort on the part of FD. "Take PSD, hue shift 18 times, sell". Although with the Gutamaya stuff it's hue shift 17 times because they sell white skins for white ships.

Look at the Predator skin, the Synth skins, Pulse skins, Ignition skins, Horus, Onionhead... these all take effort and look amazing. But 90% of the ships don't have them. It's tactical, vibrant, military, yawn.
    I want more Onionhead paintjobs, please.
    "I cannot believe that God plays dice with the cosmos." - Albert Einstein, on the randomness of quantum mechanics

Elite Dangerous Lead Designer's most recent games:
    Kinect Star Wars (2012) (Senior Designer)
    Haze (2008) (Lead Designer)

Originally Posted by Queex View Post (Source)
    The vibrant dolphin packs make them look like a vibra-something else.
    Hmmm... astroglide paintpack?

Originally Posted by your mom View Post (Source)
    Hmmm... astroglide paintpack?
    Hahahahhahha

COMFORT AND STYLE
    The Dolphin now has three new paint packs to let you take your passengers across the Galaxy in style.
    With Military, Tactical and Vibrant options available, you truly can make your vessel your own.
    * Assuming that there aren't more than 18 other Dolphins in the galaxy, in which case it will be as much your own as a pea in a bowl of peas
    Elite Trade : 6/3/17. Hour 1019.
    Elite Exploration : 14/3/17. Hour 1061.
    First discovered star and planets : 30/5/17. Hour 1301.
    If you're that fussed about immersion then press CTRL+ALT+G

No predator pack? Disappoint.

ungrateful
    Wait, are paintjobs free now? In that case I'll shut my mouth.

*checks*

Nope, we still pay for them.

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Are you saying it's mandatory to be overwhelmingly enthusiastic about every single paint job that Frontier puts into the store? That's a very unrealistic expectation commander, not everyone values or desires the same things when it comes to paint jobs on ships. I personally like paints with some interesting designs or color combinations, like the Arrow paint for the Asp X, or the Expedition paints for the Beluga, or the Sprint paints for the SRV. I was hoping for something along those lines for the Dolphin as it's now one of my favorite ships.

My apologies if my disappointment has triggered your bitter sour side.
    Not at all mate I'm just getting off hearing the same gripes. I'm very much a half glass full person but even when FD are introducing paint jobs (albeit boring ones admittedly) people STILL gripe.
    Ergo spoiled and ungrateful (check the definition and apply my opinion above).
    You know me Mengy I'm very pro FD and get annoyed at hearing the constant tirade of negativity flowing from these forums.

I wish they'd have some other shades of blue. Munsell blue and NCS blues, or similar...would look nice on my DBX and yet-to-buy dolphin.

You know me Mengy I'm very pro FD and get annoyed at hearing the constant tirade of negativity flowing from these forums.
    I'll bet a lot of the negative posters are tired of the negativity too. It's hard to be positive though when there is nothing to look forward to, no development roadmap, no upcoming features. People need things to be hopeful for, and Frontier has not been providing much of that lately.

But yeah, back to paint jobs, I'm glad the Dolphin has some now, but I wish they had included skins more detailed than recolors.

Would anyone be so kind as to post up pics of their Dolphins in different colors? That would be great.

A negative response to criticism, how original. I don't know why FDEV bother trying to improve when they have a player base who will buy anything offered.

ᴡᴏʜʟᴇʀ ᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴀʟ / ᴋʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴɴ -- ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴀᴍᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs

Originally Posted by Commander Biscuit View Post (Source)
    No predator pack? Disappoint.

Wait, are paintjobs free now? In that case I'll shut my mouth.

*checks*

Nope, we still pay for them.
    Well apparently we keep getting spoiled with all of these free paintjobs and updates.

So as usual, someone is quick to jump down my throat for suggesting that Frontier are not the best gaming company in the known universe.

I have no real issue with buying vanity items, this thread was suggesting that SOME things should be available ingame as well.

It's quite tiresome to have to reply to people who fail to understand the actual topic.

My system: i7 4790k@4.5Ghz, Patriot 16GB Viper 3 Black Mamba, Asus Z97K M/B, Palit NVIDIA GTX 1080 Jetstream, Logitech MX Master/Logitech G502 Proteus RGB Mouse, Razer Blackwidow Chroma X, 3x 23" Samsung Curved 1080p Monitors, Oculus Rift
    * Word to the wise - a higher forum rank does not mean you know more, or you are automatically right. *

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast