Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #175

Newsletter #175

Playstation 4 release date confirmed

NEWSLETTER #175

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

This week, we announced the Elite Dangerous Playstation 4 launch date that we know many of you have been anticipating. That's not the only good news this week though; we've also confirmed the winner of the CTRL+ALT+SPACE competition, along with some of the amazing entries of note.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

ELITE DANGEROUS COMING TO PLAYSTATION 4, JUNE 27

Some exciting news for console owners this week as we confirm our PlayStation 4 launch date as June 27, 2017.

Both Elite Dangerous and the Horizons Season Pass will be available on the PlayStation store individually, or you can get them bundled together as the Commander Deluxe Edition – which includes the Commander Paint Pack!

Pre-orders are available now in Europe and on May 30 in the US; you’ll also receive the exclusive Gold Sidewinder paint job when you pre-order the game!

We’re super excited and will have some fun community streams and giveaways planned around this time, so check in on the forums and our social channels regularly for more great news from the Elite galaxy.

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

CTRL+ALT+SPACE WITH ELITE DANGEROUS ART DIRECTOR

On the stream this week Elite Dangerous Art Director Chris Gregory joined Ed to announce the winners of the CTRL+ALT+SPACE 2017 film competition. You can watch the VOD right now to see who comes out on top, and watch the 13 runners up that absolutely blew us away.

Store Spotlight
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

COMFORT AND STYLE

The Dolphin now has three new paint packs to let you take your passengers across the Galaxy in style.

With Military, Tactical and Vibrant options available, you truly can make your vessel your own.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

CTRL+ALT SPACE FILM COMPETITION CONCLUDES

It brings us great pleasure to announce that the winner of the CTRL+ALT+SPACE 2017 film competition is Turjan Starstone, with his beautiful and emotive movie called 'Stardust'.

We watched every film that was submitted to us, and it was incredibly difficult to pick a winner. We're constantly blown away by the amazing creations from our community, and can't wait to put on another competition just like this in future!

Below you can find the winner, Stardust, along with the runners up in no particular order.

Stardust
    Turgan Starstone

Beauty of the Abyss
    The Cookie Rebel

Old Man's Harbour
    AdmiralSkoomer

Into the Light
    Karim Younus

Laser Cops
    Ghost Giraffe

Time Travel
    Christopher Stevens

It Came from Earth
    Tristounet

Stickybee
    Entropy101

Trailer
    Siledas

Frame Shift Zero
    Demilikos

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

REPORTS OF MYSTERIOUS ATTACKS

Reports have surfaced of mysterious attacks in the Maia system, where eyewitnesses claim to have found the remains of a number of Federal vessels. According to reports, the damage to the ships’ hulls was not consistent with any known form of weaponry, and observers claim to have seen the so-called unknown ships at the wreckage sites.

TROUBLE IN COLONIA

A number of unauthorised outposts have been detected in the Eol Prou Lw-L C8-215 System. A spokesperson for the Colonia Council confirmed these outposts are currently occupied by group of agitators. The Junkyard Dogs have therefore placed a kill order on all wanted ships operating in Colonia.

CANONN CAMPAIGN CONCLUDES

A spokesperson for the Canonn Interstellar Research Group has announced that its starship-construction campaign has been enthusiastically received by the galactic community. Construction of the deep-space research vessel Gnosis is now underway.

ZEUS BUREAU APPEAL

The Zeus system is to host a gathering of some of the galaxy's most influential people. With the event scheduled to take place next week, the Zeus Bureau has placed an open order for a range of luxury goods, promising to reward those who deliver these commodities to KatherineB in the Zeus system.

HAYLEY STAGES ANTI-WAR PROTEST

Former Federal president Jasmina Halsey held a public demonstration in the Alioth system yesterday in protest of the ongoing conflict between the Empire and the Federation. More than 30,000 people attended the event, which lasted for several hours and occupied one of the main public plazas in Nerah City on Argent’s Claim.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

TROUBLE IN COLONIA
    Tolagarf's Junkyard, Eol Prou LW-L C8-215

Earn rewards by handing in Bounty Vouchers at Tolagarf's Junkjard in the Eol Prou Lw-L C8-215 system.

ZEUS BUREAU APPEAL

KathreineB, Zeus

Earn rewards by delivering Giant Irukama Snails, Kamitra Cigars, and Lavian Brandy to KatherineB in the Zeus system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

THE SKIES ARE FALLING

CMDR Dr_Stef captured this breathtaking image contrasting a planet surface with the stars above.

TALKING ABOUT MY GENERATION

Feast your eyes on this cinematic trailer for the gigantic Generation Ship "The Odysseus"

IT BURNS, BURNS, BURNS

Comdent over on our reddit found this burning ring of fire. Toasty!

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe

Enjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Frontier

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

Thanks Jenner!

How AWESOME is that Generation Ship video!
    https://youtu.be/T6WMfuM4hos

The player vids are excellent too, many favourites in there and congratulations to Stardust.
    But that ghost ship is too spooky for words.

o7

Former Federal president Jasmina Halsey held a public demonstration in the Alioth system yesterday in protest of the ongoing conflict between the Empire and the Federation. More than 30,000 people attended the event, which lasted for several hours and occupied one of the main public plazas in Nerah City on Argent’s Claim.
    First the alliance take her shiny new megaship off her then to add insult to injury her name is misspelled in the news story about her big peace demonstration.

Agreed, discovered ship video is good.

I am Flimley.

Alliance officials have reaction with a certain degree of surprise to the galactic wide news reporting on a minor protest held by the former Federation President. "Mrs Halsey is free to express her opinions and organize protests, as she is a free Alliance Citizen, but the attention this rather small gathering has generated seems out of proportion to the event, which didn't even cause minor traffic congestion"
    Onlookers seemed mystified to the purpose. One local Aliothan said "Nobody likes war, but it is hard to see what she is trying to achieve with this other than her own pubicity. We are well aware of the cooperation between the Federation and Empire, and as a former president of the Federation, so is she". Another expressed concern: "I hope this doesn't mean she will provoke the attention of INRA, especially considering the information recently released by Salome's comrades. I'd prefer it if she found herself a quiet villa somewhere on Miller's Rock or something"

Er, isn't it 'Turjan'?

Who is Hayley? I know typo's happen but including it in the title of an article is sloppy.

Originally Posted by insanephoton View Post (Source)
    Who is Hayley? I know typo's happen but including it in the title of an article is sloppy.
    I blame...

Oh never mind.

Damn! I've seen all of Turgan's vids and that was the best one yet. Excellent use of the new camera system and Cmdr creator features, and great writing and acting as usual. A well deserved win but all the vids were great. Good work Cmdrs!

This week's newsletter is definitely a huge improvement on the one from last week. Though I don't have a PS4, the official release date does make me very happy, & I love the news of Dolphin Paint-jobs & about the CTRL-ALT-SPACE competition winners (am I the only one who thinks that the Galnet we see in Frame Shift Zero is exactly the kind of Galnet we need in-game? ). Also, lots of intriguing news regarding the mysterious things going on in the galaxy!

Now lets hope that one of the next 2 newsletters features an official release date for 2.4 .

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Now lets hope that one of the next 2 newsletters features an official release date for 2.4 .
    The most important thing that needs to be mentioned in a newsletter, not the flotsam and jetsam we get each week.

Originally Posted by dunnykin View Post (Source)
    First the alliance take her shiny new megaship off her then to add insult to injury her name is misspelled in the news story about her big peace demonstration.
    Good to know the Guardian has made it all the way to 3303.

starship-construction campaign has been enthusiastically received by the galactic community, (couph)(couph) bs (cough).

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    This week's newsletter is definitely a huge improvement on the one from last week. Though I don't have a PS4, the official release date does make me very happy, & I love the news of Dolphin Paint-jobs & about the CTRL-ALT-SPACE competition winners (am I the only one who thinks that the Galnet we see in Frame Shift Zero is exactly the kind of Galnet we need in-game? ). Also, lots of intriguing news regarding the mysterious things going on in the galaxy!

There are always nice little things to take in newsletters, not many but always one or two

Newsletter #176

And I'm happy to read that "The 3.2.10 update brings some minor fixes ..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast