Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Obsidian Antīs Video from today nails it right on the head

Originally Posted by Karunamon View Post (Source)
    Post 2.4 is supposed to be all about core improvements and QoL.. interesting.

We probably won't see it until 2018, but better late than never! Guess I'm going on another 6 month hiatus or so - see you all then
    This has me the most intrigued. The 2.4 Aliens gumph I couldn't care less about, it's just Content for me to watch in OA's videos. But Actual updates to game mechanics has piqued my interest.

Also... i LOVE your signature mate. +1 rep for that.
    Kickstarter Backer. Alpha Level. Boxed Edition. 15 Paint Packs. 12 Paint singles. 5 Weapon colour mods. 5 Bobbleheads. 2 Keyrings. 1 T-shirt

Zac's post was most welcome to the community, perhaps 2 to 3 weeks to late, but none-the-less still most welcome.

Thank you Ant for making your video on this, and perhaps this was the catalyst for getting zac out of Hibernation.

"The probability of success is difficult to estimate; but if we never search the chance of success is zero"

I don't like the notion that the announcement is a response to just one person's vid but, the news is welcome and I am looking forward to seeing what it will actually entail.

Originally Posted by Enderby View Post (Source)
    I don't like the notion that the announcement is a response to just one person's vid but, the news is welcome and I am looking forward to seeing what it will actually entail.
    I think we'd have got it, the video was just a bit of an extra push for them to do it sooner than later.

how long before someone (with some justification if i am honest) comes on to complain about where is their value in their Ģ120 lifetime pass if the next "season" will be all about core updates for everyone ****

**** LTP KSer here btw and more than happy to have an entire "season" or what ever of core updates JUST SO LONG AS it is what it says on the tin, and not an excuse to not release much for 12 months whislt they make other games.

ie just as much man power spent on season 3 "The Core" as was spent on season 2 "Horizons".... imo if FD are really committed to this, then we should be expecting

NPC wings - with missions associated with wings
    NPC crew - and all the RPG elements surrounding them listed in DDF
    more complex missions
    more "life" to the universe, allowing us to interact more with our environments
    improve the BGS / economy to have more or a supply / demand system. No more unlimited supply of things - and the system just needs to make more sense.
    our actions need to have consequences - piracy / trading / mining / exploration - more equipement to do more "stuff".
    scanning planets to be more complex - heat maps of ore etc and it actually effect how we surface prospect.

basically what i am saying is...... if FD are serious about a season of core updates, then, get back to the DDF (and the orrery would be nice as well as the bling around the commodities)
    Fiat Coupe 20VT+ Gone..... Nissan 350Z Gone. Replaced with dirty nappies, no sleep and sicky shirts. Thank god for my Cobra MK III. Fast, practical AND child friendly

Originally Posted by Enderby View Post (Source)
    I think OA has, rightly or wrongly, become the "Youtube guy" for Elite. It's someone FD really want to keep producing content for their game.
    Kickstarter Backer. Alpha Level. Boxed Edition. 15 Paint Packs. 12 Paint singles. 5 Weapon colour mods. 5 Bobbleheads. 2 Keyrings. 1 T-shirt

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    how long before someone (with some justification if i am honest) comes on to complain about where is their value in their Ģ120 lifetime pass if the next "season" will be all about core updates for everyone ****

**** LTP KSer here btw and more than happy to have an entire "season" or what ever of core updated JUST SO LONG AS it is what it says on the tin, and not an excuse to not release much for 12 months whislt they make other games.

ie just as much man power spent on season 3 "The Core" as was spent on season 2 "Horizons".
    as a LTP holder, I'd have no problem with this so long as the core updates were all substantial enough. If they were balance passes to existing mechanics, or light touch PowerPlay updated, I think think I'd be a bit annoyed.

Originally Posted by Bobbydylan View Post (Source)
    I think OA has, rightly or wrongly, become the "Youtube guy" for Elite. It's someone FD really want to keep producing content for their game.
    Yes but as i dont watch em i don't give a about OA.

as a LTP holder, I'd have no problem with this so long as the core updates were all substantial enough. If they were balance passes to existing mechanics, or light touch PowerPlay updated, I think think I'd be a bit annoyed.
    exactly... you replied whilst i was fleshign out my reply which essentially mirrors what you say
    Fiat Coupe 20VT+ Gone..... Nissan 350Z Gone. Replaced with dirty nappies, no sleep and sicky shirts. Thank god for my Cobra MK III. Fast, practical AND child friendly

As a LTP owner that complains a lot I will not complain that FD finally have decided (after the recent uproar from the community?) to focus on improving the game.

I didn't pay for the LTP just to get addons, I paid for it so I'd get a good game (and not miss out on any content). If FD spend the time to make the game good then I'm getting my monies worth.
    HALT! Fanboy Police.
    As long as you're not fanboying we won't have a problem.

Originally Posted by KING5TON View Post (Source)
    As a LTP owner that complains a lot I will not complain that FD finally have decided (after the recent uproar from the community?) to focus on improving the game.

I didn't pay for the LTP just to get addons, I paid for it so I'd get a good game (and not miss out on any content). If FD spend the time to make the game good then I'm getting my monies worth.
    absolutely... am i wasnt complaining either.... like i said so long as FD are being honest with us and not using as an excuse to pull back on development and prioritise other games.

the next year of development needs to be just as supported as the previous year despite it being only aimed at improving existing stuff

Indeed, I reserve the right to complain if the core updates are rubbish
    HALT! Fanboy Police.
    As long as you're not fanboying we won't have a problem.

I respect that you do not like how ED "works" (which is the same as how the other games in the series worked)..... hell, there are parts i dislike too.... however just because you do not enjoy something does not make everyone who does suckers falling for a sales pitch. it comes across as v arrogant to be honest.
    People who equate time spent performing simple, repetitive tasks to overcoming skillful challenges in order to "earn" rewards they "worked" for demonstrably ARE suckers falling for the Commitment and Consistency sales gimmick.

If this applies to you, sorry bout that. It's not arrogance. It's honesty.

Now, people spending time developing Actual in game skills - like honing combat skills - that really, demonstrably is working at a skill based Challenge.

Originally Posted by KING5TON View Post (Source)
    Can you name any other element of Horizons that give Horizons players a significant advantage over none Horizons players?

No? then you're just twisting my words.
    Engineers is P2W as it give a SIGNIFICANT ADVANTAGE. The rest of Horizons is not PW2 because it does not provide a SIGNIFICANT ADVANTAGE. Further expansions do not need to be P2W if they don't provide a SIGNIFICANT ADVANTAGE.
    Expansions like EXPLORATION!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

That wouldn't give any advantage and neither would trading.

Originally Posted by Soliluna View Post (Source)
    The Division at the start had so much RNG players were leaving in droves. It was Diablo 3 level RNG when they had the RMAH and you had to pray to every God of man to get an item that you would need to equip.
    I only got it a few months ago after Survival came out as I'd already seen the game sucked at the start and wasn't interested. Then Survival came out, the game had gone through major changes and was playable.

Also because I waited and didn't buy a sucky POS game, I got the two expansions and base game for Ģ30 in the steam sale, so basically half price.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142