Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.4 wishlist again swimming

2.4 wishlist again swimming

2.4 bring on water world landings, splash, underwater flight, only some ships can do it, dolphin, orca, beluga, tourist spots underwater for Deepwater cruises, srv on the seabed, slf converts to a jetski, moray starboat returns, any ship named after a snake, dissolves.
    Ships in water! Couldbe some great missions and Neptune lore.

Originally Posted by Trickylion View Post (Source)
    2.4 bring on water world landings, splash, underwater flight, only some ships can do it, dolphin, orca, beluga, tourist spots underwater for Deepwater cruises, srv on the seabed, slf converts to a jetski, moray starboat returns, any ship named after a snake, dissolves.
    Ships in water! Couldbe some great missions and Neptune lore.
    But...Anacondas live almost exclusively in water...

If my ship can't be eaten by a giant fish, then I'll consider the underwater update a failure.

Gonna need a Moray Starboat before I go under the sea.

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    If my ship can't be eaten by a giant fish, then I'll consider the underwater update a failure.
    +1 for special engineered fishgut lasers! Without them, you have to wait to be pooped out.

Originally Posted by MottiKhan View Post (Source)
    +1 for special engineered fishgut lasers! Without them, you have to wait to be pooped out.
    First we need a lengthy debate in whether we should be pooped out instantly or have to wait.

I want atmospheres...

Im not fussed yet about life worlds... i know it can be done. (Outerra). But i want atmospheres at least on barren worlds.

Wind sounds against my ship... Rain from various liquids, water to methane. Lakes of various compounds and elements.

Titan for example.... I want to land there and hear the sounds of Methane rain on my ships hull as i look out over an orange skyline next to a hydrocarbon lake.

I want to add Heat shield modules to my ship for atmospheric entry and see fire and plasma licking my windshield as i interface.

Originally Posted by Vasco Sapien View Post (Source)
    I want atmospheres...

Im not fussed yet about life worlds... i know it can be done. (Outerra). But i want atmospheres at least on barren worlds.

Wind sounds against my ship... Rain from various liquids, water to methane. Lakes of various compounds and elements.

Titan for example.... I want to land there and hear the sounds of Methane rain on my ships hull as i look out over an orange skyline next to a hydrocarbon lake.

I want to add Heat shield modules to my ship for atmospheric entry and see fire and plasma licking my windshield as i interface.
    er te point is you can only land on worlds with no atmosphere atm. so if they implement those sounds either all worlds will have atmosphere OR you will lose the ability to land on them?

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    First we need a lengthy debate in whether we should be pooped out instantly or have to wait.
    It would be about a 70-30 split. #bringbackthepolls

Originally Posted by yodajedifishmaster View Post (Source)
    er te point is you can only land on worlds with no atmosphere atm. so if they implement those sounds either all worlds will have atmosphere OR you will lose the ability to land on them?
    What are you talking about?

If they add fishing, I might break a monitor or two.

Originally Posted by TartanDragon View Post (Source)
    Gonna need a Moray Starboat before I go under the sea.

I'm fairly certain that when we get ocean world landings, we'll be getting the Moray, too.

I mean, why *wouldn't* they?!

I could see the Saud Kruger ships as being capable of under-water operations.
    Otherwise, I'd imagine most ships would simply float.
    I'd actually think that trying to land on the water would just produce an invalid landing target, and impacting with the water would perhaps make a splash and effectively just bounce you off the surface.

I picture water worlds having large floating platforms at which we can dock our ships - and perhaps a specialized ARV (Aquatic Recon Vehicle) for any sub-aquatic activities.

But I also see us being able to enter gas giant atmospheres before water-worlds - as both involve entering an atmosphere of some sort, so baby steps here.

I also envision being able to land on water worlds a precursor to Earth-like worlds, as there is a heck of a lot more to accomplish to make an inhabited Earth-like world seem even slightly alive. At least with Water Worlds, they can operate more like regular worlds with atmospheres.

So here's my full breakdown:

1. Dead Worlds - We have this.
    2. Gas Giants - We get the fundamentals for entering and operating in an atmosphere.
    3. Atmospheric Worlds - all those other beige planets we can't land on.
    4. Water Worlds - as mentioned above.
    5. Earth-like worlds - at long last.

Haha I dont mind the beige airless planets, but from they're all the same, apart from the nasty 1.4g planet that just knocked 48% of my hull out.
    My point is more to do apart from randomly driving and finding rocks, oh I hate that wave scanner, grrrbeepwrrr..
    Why not let us build some tracks or place cargo type cones. To mark cross country courses, or ramps or something, with alien crowds clapping their 60 armed tentacles as you perform a srv backflip over an anaconda.
    Good point on the anaconda, mamba, python maybe snakes can swim

I hope there will be tutorials to learn how to swim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast