Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The BRC presents a Race for Long Range Ships: Nebulocity (3-11 June 3303)

Originally Posted by Jhyrryl View Post (Source)
    The main issue in my mind, is that it's 3.5kls out from entry. Some people might find that useful for taking a breather, while others might find it disruptive to their sprint pattern. My inclination is that it's more important to give people breathers, especially when running the course in reverse, but I'd like to hear from all of you.
    I like the idea because it'd get me away from the star for a while, so I can see the scenery. You can't really appreciate the nebular sky when you're in close to a bright object.

I am pondering adding another stop to the early part of the race, because it's A) another asteroid base; and B) it's in a perfect location to view the Pleiades eclipsing the California nebula, and part of the point of this race is to see the views.

Sisters' Refuge in HIP 16813.

I feel like it would add a nice break for people doing Route Six-66 in what is otherwise a very long stretch of that event; and it wouldn't add more than a couple of jumps for people running California Dreamin'.

The main issue in my mind, is that it's 3.5kls out from entry. Some people might find that useful for taking a breather, while others might find it disruptive to their sprint pattern. My inclination is that it's more important to give people breathers, especially when running the course in reverse, but I'd like to hear from all of you.
    I am generally in favor of more docking.
    CMDR Timothy Knight - Interstellar Swashbuckler - Buckyball Runner - Dangerous | Broker | Elite
    Cortana - Imperial Eagle - A* Challenge Unlimited/Imperial Eagle record 10:06:19 - Mischief Mile Winner (Crazies Div.)
    Joyeuse
    - Imperial Courier (Racing) - Buckyball Run X Winner (Solo/BigX) | BuckyBubble Winner (Top Fuel)
    Haulin' A* - Hauler - A* Challenge Classic/Hauler record 9:35:22
    Durandal
    - Imperial Courier (Combat) | Excalibur - Fer-de-Lance | Almace - Imperial Clipper

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Based on what I've heard, I'll be making a couple of adjustments to the course in the next day or so.

I'm afraid i don't think i'm going to get much of a shot at racing this. gutted, what with it being from Home and all!

i am likely to be away for almost all the race, maybe i'll get one run in.

have fun everyone
    <-lightspeed->
    CMDR <-lightspeed-> Expert | ELITE | ELITE but mostly Buckyball Racer
    ship ID : BRC<->

<-lightspeed-> Explorer Tours
    The HIP Hopper }{ Distant Worlds }{ Colonia/Jaques

Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post (Source)
    I'm afraid i don't think i'm going to get much of a shot at racing this. gutted, what with it being from Home and all!

i am likely to be away for almost all the race, maybe i'll get one run in.

have fun everyone
    <-lightspeed->
    Maybe I can get an extension on the race since the race after is being delayed, leaving a full 2-week gap between the end of Nebulocity and the start of Double Action Jackson.

Drakhyr?

Route info has been updated with additional destinations, which includes a fifth nebula. The banner has also been updated to include the new nebula.

edit: the submission form has also been updated, and I took this opportunity to extend the minimum distance to tourist beacons out to 75 meters.

I may not quite be home from Sadge by the 3rd, but I'll be there by Sunday at the latest, and should be ready to race by Monday if not sooner.
    CMDR Timothy Knight - Interstellar Swashbuckler - Buckyball Runner - Dangerous | Broker | Elite
    Cortana - Imperial Eagle - A* Challenge Unlimited/Imperial Eagle record 10:06:19 - Mischief Mile Winner (Crazies Div.)
    Joyeuse
    - Imperial Courier (Racing) - Buckyball Run X Winner (Solo/BigX) | BuckyBubble Winner (Top Fuel)
    Haulin' A* - Hauler - A* Challenge Classic/Hauler record 9:35:22
    Durandal
    - Imperial Courier (Combat) | Excalibur - Fer-de-Lance | Almace - Imperial Clipper

While we're making our excuses ... quick note to say that I'm away from my PC until next week ( does anyone know where I can buy ED patches to cope with the withdrawal symptoms? ).

I still hope to have a crack at this when I get back tho.

(click this image to discover the best of the forum)

I took my engineered Dolphin out to record a baseline time with the modified route, and just want to say that this is going to be the most visually interesting races that I think we've ever had.

I cannot wait to see the video compilations.

Maybe I can get an extension on the race since the race after is being delayed, leaving a full 2-week gap between the end of Nebulocity and the start of Double Action Jackson.

Drakhyr?
    This also makes additional sense given the route change, which increases my race time estimates by 50-100% (depending on class).

Drakhyr?
    Sure, extending into the following week would not be a problem.

Originally Posted by drakhyr View Post (Source)
    Sure, extending into the following week would not be a problem.
    Thanks. Updated banner and signature are up.

Great news, I'll be back at home the 11th with plenty of time to hopefully take part in the race

Thanks. Updated banner and signature are up.
    Good news for the extension! I'm working on a couple of personal in-game projects during the lull in storyline activity and might be a bit late to the starting line, even with my Keelback ready in her race configuration.

I won't be in game for the launch, I'm afraid. On the other hand, I will (finally) be picking up the new machine, so I can see the game the same way as all of you.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast