Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Submitting your Community Goals just got easier!

Exclamation Submitting your Community Goals just got easier!

Greetings commanders,

Over the past many months, we've come to notice that a lot of the community goal submissions ended up in a black hole. Said black hole was a crewel ordeal... many submissions vanishing on the event horizon, others only partially disappearing, distorted comms could be made, and a few, could make it through the ether.... So to get away from the gravity, we rerouted around and made things better, faster, stronger.

Behold, the Community Goal Submissions, submission forum!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumd...al-Submissions

Please use this forum from now on when submitting a community goal request.
    - Brett C / bc
    AKA: Forum Manager, Webmaster, Community Assistant/Manager, Social Media.
    Planet Coaster: Website - Forums - Twitter - Facebook - Instagram - Youtube - Reddit
    Elite Dangerous: Website - Forums - Twitter - Facebook - Instagram - Youtube - Reddit
    Frontier: Website - Jobs - News

I request CGs are only available in OPEN. To enage with the total community only
    Dual Intel Xeon Quads 3GHz, 16GB RAM, USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2, Oculus CV1 + Install 1.7 (no cpu check)

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #3
    Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post (Source)
    I request CGs are only available in OPEN. To enage with the total community only
    No. Won't be open to the public to view each CG submission. This is a transition from email to a forum submission system.
    - Brett C / bc
    Planet Coaster: Website - Forums - Twitter - Facebook - Instagram - Youtube - Reddit
    Elite Dangerous: Website - Forums - Twitter - Facebook - Instagram - Youtube - Reddit

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    No. Won't be open to the public to view each CG submission. This is a transition from email to a forum submission system.

I think what he meant was the Gamemode.
    He want Community Goals to be only available in Open Play Mode.
    So People dont do it in Solo Mode.

Not a Good Idea in my eyes tough given that they tend to result in alot of Griefers. And with the Grandious Bounty Mechanics putting the Insane Bounty of 5k on these Griefers per Kill.
    No Bounty Hunter will Risk his 1-2 Million Rebuy Ship to Attack them before they racked up a Bounty thats at least Equal to their Rebuy. (Which effectively means unless they Kill like 200-500 People in that System nobody will do anything about it as the Risk vs Reward situation would make it stupid..)

So its better if CGs stay in Solo

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post (Source)
    I think what he meant was the Gamemode.
    He want Community Goals to be only available in Open Play Mode.
    So People dont do it in Solo Mode.

Not a Good Idea in my eyes tough given that they tend to result in alot of Griefers. And with the Grandious Bounty Mechanics putting the Insane Bounty of 5k on these Griefers per Kill.
    No Bounty Hunter will Risk his 1-2 Million Rebuy Ship to Attack them before they racked up a Bounty thats at least Equal to their Rebuy. (Which effectively means unless they Kill like 200-500 People in that System nobody will do anything about it as the Risk vs Reward situation would make it stupid..)

So its better if CGs stay in Solo
    That won't be a thing from what i understand from fellow devs either.
    - Brett C / bc

I think you misunderstood the request Brett. X-terminator wants CGs to be only be available to those in open play, i.e. not solo or private group. Which is a silly request anyway, as anyone can play in open but effectively be in solo, just by firewalling off any connections from to ED from other peers except a whitelist of ED servers, so his request will only achieve people getting better at setting up firewall rules (which perhaps isn't a bad thing anyway).

Yes Gamemode Brett. Once the C&P method is addressed it should counteract griefing to more effect. Point being, it's a community thing and Piracy PvP needs fodder - not kills but swagger. It's part of the game to do what we wish. I do not see what is so "community" about doing these goals in SOLO.
    Also about that Firewall hack, how could or rather should this even be possible? To block out players yet still be in OPEN would surely also block out any completing Missions. If FD can not do MMO then they should not! I won't speak again about this as it has better context to other methods of OPEN Mode solution threads. Thanks.
    Dual Intel Xeon Quads 3GHz, 16GB RAM, USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2, Oculus CV1 + Install 1.7 (no cpu check)

Yes Gamemode Brett. Once the C&P method is addressed it should counteract griefing to more effect. Point being, it's a community thing and Piracy PvP needs fodder - not kills but swagger. It's part of the game to do what we wish. I do not see what is so "community" about doing these goals in SOLO.
    Also about that Firewall hack, how could or rather should this even be possible? To block out players yet still be in OPEN would surely also block out any completing Missions. If FD can not do MMO then they should not! I won't speak again about this as it has better context to other methods of OPEN Mode solution threads. Thanks.
    Well. They aint really doing MMO anyways.
    Even in Open your Heavily Instanced with but a few Players.

I dont think they really want to do MMO either.
    The MMO Part is more related to the World itself as all Players Playing affect the World due to the Backround Sim.
    Its not really about People Playing together or against each other.

So when doing a CG I will need to commit to that I am other players possible content? Do not like it.
    and even if the CG will be available in open only. It will be abused and exploited so easyly. (Mode switching)
    Hence the request of this isn't well thought to the end.
    Its demanding content for PvP centric players. The demand is there, true and valid, but the game isn't clrcled around this
    and there will be aways the lack due to mode concept (Thank god).

Regards,
    Miklos
    You can't treat a computer like humans; a computer needs love.

Given that not all of the community plays in Open, to restrict participation to one game mode would not allow the total community to participate.

That won't be a thing from what i understand from fellow devs either.
    Indeed - as expected from Frontier's implementation of Community Goals over two years ago.

I request stop playing the perma-noob! You are long enough with the game to understand its nature by now. Do you really think you could change it by constant nagging? Not going to happen. Don't like it? Move on.

Hey Brett,
    This is a welcome improvement, thanks.

Should we resubmit any CGs we consider to be long forgotten? Those we never received a reply about?

I probably will anyway, I've thought of improvements since.

Cheers

Hey BrettC I think you may have to fiddle a bit with the colour values for the T's & C's section

Rgds o7

Is it possible to have multiple users partake in an individual submission thread?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast