Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 52585960616263 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous - 2.4 and beyond

Originally Posted by M2xim View Post (Source)
    My problem ain't the grind my problem is that when i upgrade instead of an upgrade i get a downgrade why grinding if money is useless.. It sucks because the game is fun but i have a maxed T6 already so i don't have any objectives left.. Going bigger is a waste of money grinding money is a waste of time who the had that idea?!Grinding is and should be a pain in every mmo but its kindda stupid that they didnt give any good incentive to do it.. Normally theres a reward to grinding it doesnt mean you have to be some sort of hero but if you don't get anything from spending your time grinding why doing it?
    The iClipper, iCutter, and fCorvette drive far better than the T's. If you want to do big tradings, go for the iCutter. If you want to trade large, but still handle medium landing pads, go Python.

One player's grind is another player's game.

Originally Posted by CMDR ColD_ZA View Post (Source)
    Its been 4 weeks since E3,

Any news to share?
    So .... are we there yet mum?
    Aint no Grind Aint no Grind Aint no Grind Aint no Grind

Any news to share?
    Soon(tm), of course

The Thargoids are arguing over *which* shade of Avocado they want to turn the beige planets into.
    "Are you people working under the assumption that playing Elite is meant to be fun?"

"The elite dictionary does not have the word sympathy in it but has about 500 definitions of stupidity​"

"
    The contempt with which the game treats it's players is not accidental. It's by design. The game hates you, that's just the way it is."

Didnt they say they would focus on the core game mechanics before fleshing it our and updating it bedore adding more content.

But i do hope the will add the panther clipper XL soon. as 2.4 was anounced that it would have a suprise

For futere updates

There is something frontier can capatalisze on whith horizons atmospheric landings and walking.

From a planet coaster to things like racing, battlefield , farmsimulators , sports, hunting games, games or game play like arc , elder scrolls and star trek online al this kind of game play and more would be posible for elite.
    as seperate modules or part of larger expansions . making elite accesable for every one even the ones that dont usualy play space sims .

As the galaxy is huge and a masive canvas for any kind of gameplay.

Originally Posted by Jacobus Franconium View Post (Source)
    Didnt they say they would focus on the core game mechanics before fleshing it our and updating it bedore adding more content.

But i do hope the will add the panther clipper XL soon. as 2.4 was anounced that it would have a suprise

For futere updates

There is something frontier can capatalisze on whith horizons atmospheric landings and walking.

From a planet coaster to things like racing, battlefield , farmsimulators , sports, hunting games, games or game play like arc , elder scrolls and star trek online al this kind of game play and more would be posible for elite.
    as seperate modules or part of larger expansions . making elite accesable for every one even the ones that dont usualy play space sims .

The main news I'm waiting to hear is what new ship is coming in 2.4

I'm hoping for a contender for big 3 & Type 9

Something for burnt out end-game players to tinker with,

Something like this ?

They said that they were looking at player guided capital ships and how the Multicrew component of this would work...

but yes while the Thargoids are all the whizz bang, what are the other 'core gameplay' elements that were mentioned? One new baddy isnt such a big huhaaa in my opinion.. Yeah great - love it - but lets face it, its gonna be an added extra to the core.

Yes indeed hopefully will all cme in time, as long as we keep pushing and asking about it as frontier will find it alot of work but should come hopefully and if they get to read this then Hey lets go FD thanks.

No new ship is coming in 2.4 whomever told you that was lying.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    This game is a bit different than other games because there's no overall quest to go for. There's no hero's journey to embark on. You make your goals on your own, and then work on reaching them. It's a bit like life rather than a game where everything is laid out.
    Then what is the point of solo mode?
    If there never will be a solo story, solo mode doesnt have sense - you need to be connected to servers anyway to play.
    Solo mode is used to hide from PVP, but still online.
    Solution -> make Solo mode into multiplayer PVE mode.

Originally Posted by chotnik View Post (Source)
    Then what is the point of solo mode?
    ??? I'm not sure I follow. Why is "making your own path" has anything to do with requiring multiplayer? Isn't a concept of doing it on your own disconnected with what other people force you to do? Please expand a bit on your comment, please, because I don't know how personal choice is in conflict with solo play.

If there never will be a solo story, solo mode doesnt have sense - you need to be connected to servers anyway to play.
    You're making the solo story by being the player. After all, the game description is that you're blazing your own trails, in others words, you're the one creating the story by playing the game. There's no Solo Quest like other games. There's no end game, end goal, a final super boss that you have to overcome. The whole story evolves in the game as we all are playing. The factions change. The expansion of humanity changes. The war between Federation and Imperial changes, as well as the emerging war with the thargoids. Also, the knowledge, star maps of the galaxy is growing by the explorers exploring. And so on. The game is you making the story, solo or multiplayer, no difference.

Solo mode is used to hide from PVP, but still online.
    Correct. Solo mode helps the player to avoid griefers and gankers.

Solution -> make Solo mode into multiplayer PVE mode.
    Meaning? Bosses to beat? Combat? Combat? Combat?

I'd like to see more puzzles to solve. Puzzles and mysteries that you can solve on your own, rather than yet another weapon or enemy.

One player's grind is another player's game.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    The iClipper, iCutter, and fCorvette drive far better than the T's. If you want to do big tradings, go for the iCutter. If you want to trade large, but still handle medium landing pads, go Python.
    yes and then the issue will still be the same...

Now i get that you can argue if you play a game enough at some point you WILL be left with nothing to work towards but the truth is that for ED that moment is reached very early on. I myself, i do not have an anaconda or python or T9 so nevermind corvette and cutter but i have zero intention of working towards them as i'm satisfied with the ships i have plus i don't like flying big ships anyway. A clipper feels too big already. I could name you countless amounts of things most MMOs have as carrots to have you working towards. ED has next to nothing save for bigger ship. I don't even get how people who have the biggest ships even keep interested in the game. To work towards what? Having 5 billions for no good reason other than watch the numbers?

The BGS isn't a significant enough carrot. It's empty and gets boring fast. I mean yes you can craft yourself better components but the RNG is enough to drive anyone away from the idea plus it i only a stat change essentially. You won't get a kickass looking cannon you can marvel at. On an aesthetic level there is pretty much zero to earn in ED, anything that could be is in the stores and i get no sense of statisfaction fro spending 5$ to earn a better paint.

I was playing warframe recently which isnt even that good but even that game...there's always always new weappns blueprints to acquire and craft, builds to work on, new warframes to unlocks, companions, rare things to earn and trade for. There's always something you dont have that you won't to try to get. Always a new goal. The gameplay gets stale fast but there ARE so many carrots to keep the players going. E has almost none of that. I'm not saying i want ships in ED to start dropping rare weapons and blueprints. But FD HAVE to find something for the players to work for beyond a bigger ship/big bank account and a terribly grindy unsatisfying half crafting system. they really really really do.

Originally Posted by Jacobus Franconium View Post (Source)

For futere updates

pls for your own sake and future enjoyment of the game lower your expectations by at least 20x.

My expectations are low and even then FD have failed consistently to meet them with pretty much every update. I can't imagine id have ever enjoyed any bits of the game at all if my expectations were as unrealistic as yours.

Originally Posted by CMDR Cillian Raynor View Post (Source)
    pls for your own sake and future enjoyment of the game lower your expectations by at least 20x.
    My expectations are low and even then FD have failed consistently to meet them with pretty much every update. I can't imagine id have ever enjoyed any bits of the game at all if my expectations were as unrealistic as yours.
    Well if you just watch Kickstarter videos and note everything DB mentions to be in game - you cant blame people for having such expectations.
    What people buying into the game might not get clearly is that will be "kind of, maybe, not quite sure" 10 season and 600$ later.
    Game reviews score on Steam still didnt recover after Steam launch disaster of releasing a game for 45$ and then 1 month later Horizons for ~50-60$...

Originally Posted by chotnik View Post (Source)
    Well if you just watch Kickstarter videos and note everything DB mentions to be in game - you cant blame people for having such expectations.
    What people buying into the game might not get clearly is that will be "kind of, maybe, not quite sure" 10 season and 600$ later.
    Game reviews score on Steam still didnt recover after Steam launch disaster of releasing a game for 45$ and then 1 month later Horizons for ~50-60$...
    what are you on about? ED came out on steam in april 2015 (only four months after coming out). Horizons was out on steam in december 2015.

Or is the complaint that the expansions have to be paid for? Cause thats not even an issue. Theres no sub fees and all that is in the store is aesthetical meaning not in any way required meaning a lot of people are not buying them probably. So how do people expect FD to keep the game and expansions funded? Magic?

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 52585960616263 LastLast