Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 51575859606162636465 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous - 2.4 and beyond

I would like:

NPC controlled SRVs
    Some different SRVs with different capabilities, cargo/combat etc.
    Some armoured fighting vehicle style SRV combat - to bring those cool planet terrains to life.

NPC Pilots that thank you after you save them from pirates.
    EVA for hull repair, boarding derelicts, boarding defeated ships (though that will be tricky to bring off gameplay wise).
    One off, hand coded unique missions like the original Elite had - to break the routine and create those "what the heck?!" moments.

.......and some extension to the Elite rank (Elite with Oak leaf cluster and stars?) so that those of us who have become Elite can still aspire to improving our status.

Do you plan some change on the money grind for 2.4? Im a new player so it might only be me but i had an 80h grind to finally get my T7, i was so excited to go on missions with it, only to learn my T6 was better because a T7 can't land anywhere!? I dont mean to about the game but am i the only one who can't see the logic in buying expensive and bigger ships only to make less money?! I dont mind grinding at all but i didnt launch the game in a week since i downgraded back to the T6, grinding can be fun if you have a goal to achieve but the large platform thing crushed all my dreams so i don't really know what i should be doing in the game now.. Grinding for the sake of burning hours of my life sounds a little boring to me..

Originally Posted by M2xim View Post (Source)
    Do you plan some change on the money grind for 2.4? Im a new player so it might only be me but i had an 80h grind to finally get my T7, i was so excited to go on missions with it, only to learn my T6 was better because a T7 can't land anywhere!? I dont mean to about the game but am i the only one who can't see the logic in buying expensive and bigger ships only to make less money?! I dont mind grinding at all but i didnt launch the game in a week since i downgraded back to the T6, grinding can be fun if you have a goal to achieve but the large platform thing crushed all my dreams so i don't really know what i should be doing in the game now.. Grinding for the sake of burning hours of my life sounds a little boring to me..
    It's a common complaint. There's a lot of grinding in this game. And some of it takes weeks and months to achieve. This game is a bit different than other games because there's no overall quest to go for. There's no hero's journey to embark on. You make your goals on your own, and then work on reaching them. It's a bit like life rather than a game where everything is laid out. It takes a bit to get used to. Personally, I've found that I like exploration the most, so the grinding I had to do was to reach that goal, to become a better explorer.

One player's grind is another player's game.

Totally agree, this game could be so much more, eva, boarding, exploring derelicts & planets (ruins) on foot, hell I would love just to walk around my Conda.

Originally Posted by Shadowma View Post (Source)
    Totally agree, this game could be so much more, eva, boarding, exploring derelicts & planets (ruins) on foot, hell I would love just to walk around my Conda.
    Also, with lipsync and at least ship-legs, there could be a bunch of new video series like Skooma's.

One player's grind is another player's game.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    It's a common complaint. There's a lot of grinding in this game. And some of it takes weeks and months to achieve. This game is a bit different than other games because there's no overall quest to go for. There's no hero's journey to embark on. You make your goals on your own, and then work on reaching them. It's a bit like life rather than a game where everything is laid out. It takes a bit to get used to. Personally, I've found that I like exploration the most, so the grinding I had to do was to reach that goal, to become a better explorer.
    My problem ain't the grind my problem is that when i upgrade instead of an upgrade i get a downgrade why grinding if money is useless.. It sucks because the game is fun but i have a maxed T6 already so i don't have any objectives left.. Going bigger is a waste of money grinding money is a waste of time who the had that idea?!Grinding is and should be a pain in every mmo but its kindda stupid that they didnt give any good incentive to do it.. Normally theres a reward to grinding it doesnt mean you have to be some sort of hero but if you don't get anything from spending your time grinding why doing it?

If we talk about wishes: I wish that also noobs like me find the way to coordinates given by the game (tip off, ruins, meeting points for explorations etc.). Obviously I'm too dumb to find them. That locks me out from so many adventures. I have tried so much and fly around moons for hours. If one coordinates was correct the other one was totally wrong. And I am definetly not the only one. Many Commanders in my community got same problems.

Originally Posted by Deamawa View Post (Source)
    If we talk about wishes: I wish that also noobs like me find the way to coordinates given by the game (tip off, ruins, meeting points for explorations etc.). Obviously I'm too dumb to find them. That locks me out from so many adventures. I have tried so much and fly around moons for hours. If one coordinates was correct the other one was totally wrong. And I am definetly not the only one. Many Commanders in my community got same problems.
    Here's a nice video on how to get to planetary coordinates ...

You might also find the edbearing website discussed here really handy ...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ing-Calculator

(click banner for guides, hint & tips, reference lists and much much more!)

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    We’ll be sharing more news on that content and our roadmap at a very special event coming later in the year - more details on this event will be released in the weeks after E3.
    Its been 4 weeks since E3,

Any news to share?

Wasn't that Lavecon?

Originally Posted by zimms View Post (Source)
    Wasn't that Lavecon?
    I don't think so. Lavecon is a "known" annual convention, they would have just said "more details at Lavecon". A "special event" really sounds like it should be something "else". That said, knowing Frontier and their poor track record for clear communication that's not prone to misinterpretation, for all we know the "special event" could be one of the livestreams that's already been and gone.

(click banner for guides, hint & tips, reference lists and much much more!)

Originally Posted by M2xim View Post (Source)
    My problem ain't the grind my problem is that when i upgrade instead of an upgrade i get a downgrade why grinding if money is useless.. It sucks because the game is fun but i have a maxed T6 already so i don't have any objectives left.. Going bigger is a waste of money grinding money is a waste of time who the had that idea?!Grinding is and should be a pain in every mmo but its kindda stupid that they didnt give any good incentive to do it.. Normally theres a reward to grinding it doesnt mean you have to be some sort of hero but if you don't get anything from spending your time grinding why doing it?
    Huh? Nothing left after a t6?

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I don't think so. Lavecon is a "known" annual convention, they would have just said "more details at Lavecon". A "special event" really sounds like it should be something "else". That said, knowing Frontier and their poor track record for clear communication that's not prone to misinterpretation, for all we know the "special event" could be one of the livestreams that's already been and gone.
    FD are on the list of exhibitors at this year's Gamescom, so there will probably be more news there. Whether this relates to 2.4 or beyond or both, we will have to wait to find out. The vibe I got from Zac's post was that the 'beyond 2.4 event' would be at a time and place of FD's choosing, which makes sense as FD do not like to preview anything until they feel it is ready for it. That need not preclude it from being an event that takes place at Gamescom but it's certainly no guarantee. The advantage of publicising 2.4 or anything else at Gamescom is that the world's gaming press are there in force so there can be good coverage but the disadvantage is that there might be more competition for column inches. By running their own event they have to go to more trouble publicising things themselves and setting the stage for the event but they can get more focus on their product. It's all a balancing act in cost/benefit and timetabling what to show and when, to say nothing of getting things ready to show... .
    The Aronnax Expedition Journal

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I expect to get news at a Gamescon or EGX about what happens after 2.4.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    I just don't grind. I judge missions by variety more than payout. I only wish that, now that wrinkles are mostly optional/avoidable, we could see mission wrinkles crop up more frequently.....to help ensure that no 2 missions are exactly alike.

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 51575859606162636465 LastLast