Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 167173174175176177
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2655

Thread: The Dead End's Circumnavigation Expedition

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    Not bad idea. I could use my surface on the table in front of the main screen.

But the 3 monitor thing, it's really, really cool. It's almost like a VR feeling without the 3D. You get the peripheral view which is very useful when rounding planets or stars, or when driving the SRV, it's extremely nice. You get the feel of the wide plains.

That's exactly what I've been thinking of.. hence one question: how does the cockpit free camera behave in such a setup (with to side monitors)
    Well I am guessing I would not need it anymore mostly.. although I look up while docking sometimes
    CMDR Deluvian Reyes Cruz

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    One bug with EDD though is that if you have on-top set for the whole app, and you open a dialogue box or such, they tend to end up under and kind'a hang-up the app.
    I did not know that (I've only got the one monitor so I never set on-top for the app, only some overlays). Can you log this as in issue in the dedicated forum thread/github/discord so we can grill you for all the details and see about getting it fixed?

They're all linked from the Help menu in EDD.
    CMDR Cruento Mucrone - somewhere out there in my Cobra Silence Unbounded, Python (Unapologetic) Lifer For Rock And Roll​ or Clipper Anar Kaluva Tielyanna ...
    That or contributing to EDDiscovery - the essential explorer's companion - get it at https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/releases

Originally Posted by Deluvian View Post (Source)
    That's exactly what I've been thinking of.. hence one question: how does the cockpit free camera behave in such a setup (with to side monitors)
    Well I am guessing I would not need it anymore mostly.. although I look up while docking sometimes
    Cockpit free camera works fine.

I wonder how it works to stack monitors? Would the game expand the view of the cockpit up and down as well? I'm going to try one day to see if it does. Then 5 monitors would be a perfect setup (or even better, 9).

Originally Posted by iain666 View Post (Source)
    I did not know that (I've only got the one monitor so I never set on-top for the app, only some overlays). Can you log this as in issue in the dedicated forum thread/github/discord so we can grill you for all the details and see about getting it fixed?

They're all linked from the Help menu in EDD.
    Ok.

One player's grind is another player's game.

Originally Posted by HAL- 9000 View Post (Source)
    See, I suspect the opposite. I know higher graphical settings means loading more, so perhaps the higher settings was what caused the problems? Otherwise I can't work out a pattern. Just a wild guess though, I'll admit.
    That would be my first thought as well, lowering the graphics settings should provide more stability.. but I don't know if that would explain other players vanishing from view.

It will come as no surprise to some of you that my path so far has not been a straightforward one. I'm making a little diversion, but I hope to make the 3 Geminorum rendezvous in good time.

Do try my Map and check my decoding of UC system names and Constellation Star List (WIP).
    BOSH BOSH BOSH - LOADSAMONEY

Originally Posted by Jackie Silver View Post (Source)
    It will come as no surprise to some of you that my path so far has not been a straightforward one. I'm making a little diversion, but I hope to make the 3 Geminorum rendezvous in good time.
    Could you please elaborate? I'm curious.

Originally Posted by Col Frost View Post (Source)
    It's EDDiscovery, I for one find it invaluable when exploring
    Yep, I haven't flown without EDD open alongside Elite for years now. I literally open EDD first and Elite second every time I play the game.

Hmm. I'm at DRYAA PHOE UZ-O e6-0 and I'm wondering if the Jumponium in my trunk will last long enough to get me through this gulf. My little Asp gets 50ly. to the gallon. Any advice on what's ahead and if there are any Jumponium refill stops available?

Originally Posted by Wrongway Mulligan View Post (Source)
    Hmm. I'm at DRYAA PHOE UZ-O e6-0 and I'm wondering if the Jumponium in my trunk will last long enough to get me through this gulf. My little Asp gets 50ly. to the gallon. Any advice on what's ahead and if there are any Jumponium refill stops available?
    If that system is at the edge of the Vacuus, you should have no big probs crossing the gap with that range. Theres few cmdrs who has crossed the gap with similar range and with few jumponium.
    I would say that you want to have at least 10-15 premium FSD synthesis in your storage. Most likely you wont need that much but better to be safe than sorry.
    Other option is to go around via the Daedalus Crossing

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6039504

So DRYAA PHOE UZ-O e6-0 is the yellow dot. Depending on how much Jumpo you have you can power through it (I was the red line,) or you can head west to go around the rift.

Great video CMDR Woods. I honestly thought the purple Conda owner has lost it, sparks everywhere and not just from chaff.

Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    Let's be honest here, Mengy - manual plotting is, pen down, the most fun there is in exploration right now. I find it equally frustrating, and yet, incredibly satisfying. Until FD deliver the much awaited 2.5 patch, that will be the best we get (short of social activities)

Z...

Stumbled into it yesterday too - manual plotting can be fun! Working just with the Galaxy map, I had to discover the Daedalus crossing myself, and I remember the "a-ha" moment. This is what exploration should feel like - actual discovery

Anyway, made it to Station X with plenty of time to spare, I'll find a way to get close to 3 Geminorum yet! I'll just work on some more Jumponium until next week...
    “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
    -------------------------

Originally Posted by simonwoods View Post (Source)
    Just Brilliant Simon, my first laugh for the day
    signature2
    Cmdr Gramps: 3 years and still playing

Greeting CMDRs,

I know this is (again) a bit preemptive, but I found another pretty good Jumponium source for you to bookmark for the near future. For reference, about 2000 Ly before the Western Meridian (waypoint 12), stars start getting pretty sparse. This continues until (at least) waypoint 13, so about a good 6k Ly. 90% of these jumps are 70 Ly+, with at least half of those being 90-100 Ly+. This system is smack in the middle of the road between 12 and 13, so it makes a great point to stop and getting much needed materials. (BLO THOI FW-E )
    Ytterium: 1.3% (3)
    Polonium: 1.0% (1)
    Niobium: 2.3% (1)
    Cadmium: 1.7% (3)
    Vanadium: 8.1% (I honestly started throwing it out) (1)
    Germanium: 5.6% (4 D)

Probably other goodies in the system as I didnt scan all the bodies. Good luck and fly (and drive) safe. o7

Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 167173174175176177