Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dead End's Circumnavigation Expedition

The Dead End's Circumnavigation Expedition

I've been thinking about doing a circumnavigation trip expedition for some time and the planning is coming along nicely, the route is done (for now), thanks to goemon and Henkka.

The planned duration is 10-12 months, pace will be a little less than 1KLy/day. Departure will be a few weeks post 2.4 release. Meetup intervals are planned to be biweekly and about 13KLy apart.

All are welcome to join, and some already have. Add a post to this thread, if you want to join the trip.

Base camp candidates:
    3 Geminorum
    Sepositus Beacon
    Amundsen's Star
    Notus - The Southern Meridian
    The Syroifoe Oasis
    Star One
    Beagle Point

Recruitment videos:
    Welcome aboard
    Come join us
    Thargoids Return

Misc
    Why You Need A Rail Gun On Your Exploration Vessel'n Stuff

Discord channel: https://discordapp.com/channels/1251...22778050953216 (not sure it works, if you haven't already joined Fleetcomm)

3D map from edsm (definitely some super range ships out there)
    Fly dangerous, CMDR Macros Black

Participant list

So it's still just a trip, however more CMDRs have expressed an interest in joining, which makes me happy. I'll just start this non-committal unofficial list of interested CMDRs. Oh, btw, we will attempt to have a patch.

Please add a post to this thread if you want to be included to the list.

Number CMDR Name
    1 Henkka77
    2 Flirble Rasok
    3 Blackneto
    4 Cula-ta
    5 CHIGGY VONRICTOFEN
    6 goemon
    7 Micky Shades
    8 toynt
    9 Barefoot Bandit
    10 John41
    11 Roqinn
    12 TheNavvie
    13 Yates
    14 Fandomlife
    15 GreenViper
    16 Marlon Blake
    17 Frawd Digger
    18 Silencer_X
    19 Han Zulu
    20 Trevor Goodchild
    21 DanDak
    22 NCC71201
    23 Duckfather
    24 Cdr Voorheez
    25 Hanekura Shizuka
    26 lELEMENTl

Fly well, fly fast, and good luck, CMDR! o7
    CMDR Hanekura Shizuka - Explorer, Racer
    Expert - Entrepreneur - Elite
    A* Challenge -- Sol to Sagittarius A*. Standard Class - 8:32:01. Unlimited Class - 5:49:35
    Sol to Beagle Point: 15:36:36. Sol to Oevasy SG-Y D0: 15:53:09

Thank you, CMDR. I would invite you, had I not known that you already made the trip

If anyone wishes to join or meet along the route, they're most welcome.

The pace on this trip is going to be a leisurely one and I have not yet decided if I have started in earnest. Still, I currently find myself 3kly from Sol gathering mats and pointed towards the first waypoint

Well, as i have mentioned in few other topics before, im planning on this also. Not earlier than 2.4 though and depending on what Fdev promises, i might postpone it even further if anything exciting is coming. But most likely my start date is sometime after 2.4.
    Also, im going out with my Vette, heres my currently planned build, might change yet though. Most likely my jump range will not be that good as most of the values are done with the "best" value, except FSD, i really have 54% FSD.

https://eddp.co/u/ZtTaFx5A

I got fed up with Anacondas stupidly op jump range on my trip to BP, not even the Abyss gave me any excitement. Also, its one of my explorer principals, "never go twice with the same ship".
    Im planning on traveling as much on the edges as my range allows me to go. Mat collecting is something i must begin to do soon, i currently have still some mats after BP trip, but with 30ly range, i think i need much more..
    Also, im probably skipping Colonia and all the other outposts, as i want to get the real feel of how does it feel to be in space for a year without seeing any civilization.
    My planned duration for this circumnavigation is no less than 365 days / 12 months, maybe more but no less.

Macros, if you want ill go with you. And if you want to wait my 30ly Vette every once in a while.
    But as i said, im not leaving the bubble before 2.4 drops.

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    Well, as i have mentioned in few other topics before, im planning on this also. Not earlier than 2.4 though and depending on what Fdev promises, i might postpone it even further if anything exciting is coming. But most likely my start date is sometime after 2.4.
    Also, im going out with my Vette, heres my currently planned build, might change yet though. Most likely my jump range will not be that good as most of the values are done with the "best" value, except FSD, i really have 54% FSD.

https://eddp.co/u/ZtTaFx5A

I got fed up with Anacondas stupidly op jump range on my trip to BP, not even the Abyss gave me any excitement. Also, its one of my explorer principals, "never go twice with the same ship".
    Im planning on traveling as much on the edges as my range allows me to go. Mat collecting is something i must begin to do soon, i currently have still some mats after BP trip, but with 30ly range, i think i need much more..
    Also, im probably skipping Colonia and all the other outposts, as i want to get the real feel of what does it feel to be in space for a year without seeing any civilization.
    My planned duration for this circumnavigation is no less than 365 days / 12 months, maybe more but no less.

Macros, if you want ill go with you. And if you want to wait my 30ly Vette every once in a while.
    But as i said, im not leaving the bubble before 2.4 drops.
    Hi CMDR, that sounds very good. I don't mind waiting for your Federal Corvette on route, and I can certainly wait to start until post 2.4 which was my original plan. Leaves me more time for gathering mats.

A company of 2 it currently is.

Uh-oh... I have some "shopping" to do..

That app looks handy, what's the name?

Originally Posted by MacrosTheBlack View Post (Source)
    That app looks handy, what's the name?
    EDEngineer. Never leave the docks without it. Best app ever.

https://github.com/msarilar/EDEngineer

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ss-in-realtime

As you can see, you can make a "shopping list" and you can get a voice telling you when you have collected all the mats on your shopping list.
    It keeps automatically track on what mats and data you have and THAT makes it number one app in my books.

are you going clockwise or counterclockwise?
    ___

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Originally Posted by goemon View Post (Source)
    The route on EDSM goes counterclockwise, but i might as well go clockwise as it makes no difference for me. But what ever Macros wants, goes for me too.

Originally Posted by goemon View Post (Source)
    clockwise.

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    The route on EDSM goes counterclockwise, but i might as well go clockwise as it makes no difference for me. But what ever Macros wants, goes for me too.
    I sense already that we're going to get along splendidly

Originally Posted by MacrosTheBlack View Post (Source)
    clockwise.

I sense already that we're going to get along splendidly
    Clockwise it is then.

Im thinking we might yet have some more cmdrs with us, although this isnt what you call an "organized event". Atm its just two guys going around the galaxy, so nothing big..

Indeed, just two guys on a space trip atm; however, anyone who wants to join is most welcome

Considering the limited jump range of a large percentage of cmdrs currently on the trip, modifications to the route will probably be necessary and warranted.

I know theres still many months before we are on our way, but couldnt help myself testfitting my Vette. Im quite happy with the range, i still have some modifications to do but those wont affect jump range.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast