Thread: Newsletter 176

Newsletter 176

Sorry I missed posting this one. Better late than never!

We talk about the future of Elite Dangerous

NEWSLETTER #176

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

This week, we're excited to bring you an update on the future of Elite Dangerous, along with news of discoveries in the Galaxy and brand new dazzling paint jobs to enjoy.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

2.4 AND BEYOND...

This week, Head of Communications, Zac Antonaci, wrote to the Elite Dangerous community updating you all on what's to come for Elite Dangerous. You can find the full article in the dedicated forum post.

In this article, Zac confirms a new point update arriving on June 27th. The 3.2.10 update brings with it some minor fixes and a number of significant "under the hood" changes which will further improve game stability, specifically near planet surface.

Following this, update 2.4 shall be named and more details revealed at E3 on June 13th and 14th. 2.4 will be unique from previous updates, with content being revealed over time rather than all being available on day one. Additional pieces of exciting content will surface over the coming months as the narrative progresses.

2.4 isn’t the end of this amazing journey… we’re only just getting started!

Our awesome dev team are dedicated to continuing to build and improve the Elite Dangerous experience with an exciting long term vision in mind. We’re happy to confirm that the next major updates following 2.4 will focus on core gameplay, existing features, quality of life and other improvements! We’re delighted to be investing a considerable amount of development and effort into making the core gameplay experience even better for our fantastic community or players.

We’ll be sharing more news on that content and our roadmap at a very special event coming later in the year - more details on this event will be released in the weeks after E3.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

CQC WITH THE DEVS

Ed was joined by Anthony Ross this week to play some CQC and give away some paint job prizes. We host community streams every week on our official channel, and we have some deep dive livestreams currently in the planning stages for your viewing pleasure in the near future!

Keep an eye on the newsletter and our social media channels for more information.

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

BEGIN THE OPERATION

Add some flair to your commander via Holo-Me and this collection of new Operative flight suits! The latest suit pack contains six suit variations for both male and female Commanders.

PREPARE TO BE DAZZLED

Attempt to slip through the net of your would-be attackers with these paint jobs based upon historical ‘Dazzle’ maritime camouflage schemes, now available for Federal Assault Ship and the Imperial Clipper.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

NEW GENERATION SHIP DISCOVERED

Another generation ship has been located, this time by CMDR Dilliam. As with other recently located ships, a greater mystery seems to be unfolding behind it, to find out more, head over to the dedicated forum post.

ANACONDA GRAVEYARD

The Anaconda Graveyard marks the location where the community-led Distant Stars Expedition of 3303 came to an end... be warned, if you visit, there's a reason why there are so many Anacondas laid to rest at this location; the planet is a point of no return! The site, nestled in the M67 star cluster is beautiful to behold... but don't expect to be making the return journey.

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

THE GNOSIS TAKES FLIGHT

The Gnosis, a scientific-research vessel commissioned by the Canonn Interstellar Research Group, has embarked on its maiden voyage. The state-of-the-art ship – the result of a massive community initiative – has now taken up position in orbit around Varati A6, and has already begun welcoming visitors and dignitaries from the core systems.

SUPERPOWER EXPANSION

Both the Empire and the Federation have
    announced plans to build bases in the Pleiades region, and have placed open orders for construction materials. The superpowers have promised to reward pilots who support their respective campaigns.

ORDER RESTORED IN COLONIA

A spokesperson for the Colonia Council has announced that the agitators causing discord in the Colonia system have been eliminated. Hundreds of pilots supported the operation, taking to their ships to tackle the criminals that had taken root in system. The Colonia Council has also confirmed that security personnel have been stationed at the agitators’ outposts to prevent reoccupation.

ZEUS BUREAU APPEAL CONCLUDES

A spokesperson for the Zeus Bureau has announced that its appeal for luxury goods has reached a successful conclusion. Reports indicate that the event’s success has already had a positive impact on the economy of Zeus, as evidenced by the fact that The Midas, a Wells-class carrier, has relocated to the system.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

IMPERIAL APPEAL FOR CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS
    Moni's Hub, Maia

Earn rewards by delivering Tantalum, Building Fabricators and Thermal Cooling Units to Moni's Hub in the Maia system.

FEDERAL APPEAL FOR CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS

PRE Logistics Support Gamma, Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-5

Earn rewards by delivering Tantalum, Building Fabricators and Thermal Cooling Units to PRE Logistics Support Gamma in the Pleiades Sector Ih-V c2-5 system.

COLONIA MIGRATION APPEAL, MAY 3303
    Jaques Station, Colonia

Earn your faction a place in the Colonia Nebula by delivering Galactic Travel Guides to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

HAPPY LANDINGS

CMDR Welder says this might be one of the nicest screenshots he’s ever taken, and we completely agree.

FEELING THE PULSE

Cyrakhis proves that Anacondas look good in front of things, too.

A MINE OF MYSTERY

Merope is more than just mysterious… you can go mining there, too. Gametourist shows us in this beautiful screenshot.

OFF INTO THE UNKNOWN

The SmallWorlds 2 expedition crew are getting ready to embark – thanks for the brilliant shot CMDR Nuse.

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe

Enjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Frontier

Copyright © 2017 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

Thanks for updating Jenner o7

I like this

2.4 isn’t the end of this amazing journey… we’re only just getting started!
    Our awesome dev team are dedicated to continuing to build and improve the Elite Dangerous experience with an exciting long term vision in mind.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    Sorry I missed posting this one. Better late than never!
    No worries & thanks - always appreciated!!!

Its crazytown !
    The Anaconda on the left looks like something from a comedy cartoon crash.

Flimley

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    Its crazytown !
    The Anaconda on the left looks like something from a comedy cartoon crash.

http://i.imgur.com/f0GzKkK.jpeg

Flimley
    Perhaps there was already a hole in the ground before the ship crashes in ?

No problem, Jenner. We all know your dedication

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Thanks Patrick o7

Originally Posted by Fosdyke View Post (Source)
    Thanks Patrick o7
    My pleasure. I liked the link on the Thargoid ship

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Don't get me wrong, it's great that our Buckyball Race got a mention ..

Think you have what it takes to take part in one of Buckyball Racing's events? Take part in the Nebulocity race and find out if you've got what it takes!

.. but sometimes I seriously wonder, given the general standard of spelling, gramma and sentence construction, whether the newsletter isn't just procedurally generated as well!

Thargoids are a great design, and I really like that we have no idea what they're doing. Mysterious and awesome. I hope they stay incomprehensible for a while longer, and end up being a bit more complex than just "evil".

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)

Think you have what it takes to take part in one of Buckyball Racing's events? Take part in the Nebulocity race and find out if you've got what it takes!

.. but sometimes I seriously wonder, given the general standard of spelling, gramma and sentence construction, whether the newsletter isn't just procedurally generated as well!
    Could be worse, it could be confefe?

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)

Well, if you're going to partake in taking it apart, the part I'd take is that taking part is all that matters. ....if you've got what it takes, that is.