• 01 - CMDR_Alex_Harrow - Today You're A Man

3 33.33%
  • 02 - Futuristic Kung Fu - Elite Police

1 11.11%
  • 03 - Edith_The_Hutt - The Point of Glory

5 55.56%
  • 04 - Frank - Inertia: Reluctance to Change

5 55.56%
  • 05 - Listeri69 - A passage to india - A tale of drinks, diarrhea and what Frank is willing to pay....

3 33.33%
  • 06 - Cmdr Pseudonym - The rules apply to everyone...

1 11.11%
  • 07 - JetsonRING - Rite of "Passage"

1 11.11%
  • 08 - Alien - Simoof's Magical Herbs, Strictly For Medicinal Use You Understand (Wink Wink)

3 33.33%
  • 09 - RoyalHankey - Drabble Liner to Lave

1 11.11%
  • 10 - Simoof - A wise man sleeps on his back.

4 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #204: New Rites of Passage

Drabble Short Story Contest #204: New Rites of Passage

Welcome to the world's greatest Drabble competition that's based on stories around the Elite galaxy.

Congratulations CMDR_Alex_Harrow. Your choice this week was "New Rites of Passage ".

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and "comedy" hour at 7pm BST, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. And a warning to all of the contestants, Don't vote for yourself

01 - CMDR_Alex_Harrow - Today You're A Man

Dicky clutched the lsd tablet in his hand as the two ships came out of interdiction. Dicky's prey spun around madly, the victim of not being able to decide to fight or run.

Dicky thought of his clone matron Ximena, his tutor Roger, and his mom and older brother, unwilling to see him until his triumph.

Dicky thought of his family and everyone who knew his true name back home.

He put the tablet in his mouth, and said:

"my name is Drop Bear."

he opened a channel to hear the trader beg as he began stripping the shields away.

02 - Futuristic Kung Fu - Elite Police

“This is Internal Security to Cobra BS101. You are entering Imperial Sovereign Territory. Do you have a Right of Passage?”
    “Well, when I was eighteen I killed Simoof.”
    “Present your Right of Passage immediately or be destroyed!”
    “It was very gory. He had a lot more inside him then I expected”
    “Do you have a Right of Passage or not?”
    “Oh yes, of course I do! I’ll send it to you right now!”
    “Wait a minute Commander. This is outdated. We require a new Right of Passage.”
    “Not again!”
    The Cobra was engulfed in a ball of flame.

03 - Edith_The_Hutt - The Point of Glory

From cradle to grave Imperial citizens walk a path paved with its own milestones; a progression of ceremonies designed to separate the worthy from their would-be peers.

Of the babes celebrating their first birthday upon a wolfskin, not all earn a gold-hilted rapier on their fifteenth. Of the supplicants leaving their shrines barefoot, not all return in pilgrim’s robes. Of the faces daubed with the blood of their first hunt, not all pass out from the Imperial War College.

The greenhorns sat in their Eagles, sounds of battle rattling through the launch bays. They were about to face another rite.

04 - Frank - Inertia: Reluctance to Change

The young miner held his bloody stump up for Captain Dean to see. "What's worse is they all laughed when it happened!"

"You just learnt the difference between mass and weight in the most painful way possible." Dean rolled up his left sleeve and pointed out the scars left by nanostitching. "This is my second hand. Most of us have had chunks taken out of us one way or another."

"You'd think they could make the job safer"

"The doc'll take a few hours to get here. Let's go to the bar. Mavis might even give you a free pint."

05 - Listeri69 - A passage to india - A tale of drinks, diarrhea and what Frank is willing to pay....

<Jack> Ahhh jobs over for another day, grab me a couple of leg spreaders with extra lime
    <Finn> I don't know how you drink all that fancy stuff Jack
    <Jack> Old job I used to have, shaking cocktails in Scarbados
    <Finn> Isn't that the nudist colony world?
    <Jack> Sure is! They banned clothes forever in 3269
    <Finn> Why did you leave sounds idyllic?
    <Jack> Didn't make enough money to pay the rent there. In the end I had to do things i'm not proud of..
    <Finn> What was it? drugs?
    <Jack> No, too many nude whites in my back passage...

06 - Cmdr Pseudonym - The rules apply to everyone...

Rules for zero G bathroom

1. If you are male and require a quick urination please attach the vacuum funnel, it comes in small, medium, large and thargoid
    2. if taking a solid, please dock with the toilet and use the straps provided
    3. the vacuum funnel is not to be used for vomit, creating love bites or self pleasure.
    4. do not flush whilst docked. this bathroom vents to space...
    5. remember farting causes thrust if you feel windy use headrest provided.
    6. Diarrhea is a problem try not to poo right in passage, do not use vacuum funnel...

07 - JetsonRING - Rite of "Passage"

Pedro eyed the instructions on the bulkhead in front of him.
    His first trip ever off planet, he had not considered the possibility of Zero-G indigestion and had eaten a big lunch of burritos and ice cream back at the star port before the shuttle launched him and the aftermath of his meal into space.
    Pedro felt he was going to spew from both ends as he tried to make sense of the little pictures that explained how to use the Zero-G toilet without using words.
    Burritos or ice cream, Pedro was praying for ice cream. Come on, ice cream . . .

08 - Alien - Simoof's Magical Herbs, Strictly For Medicinal Use You Understand (Wink Wink)

Simoof was a gardening genius, but he couldn't explain it.
    Barnard Star News was interviewing him.
    "It only happens with this one plant. I keep trimming it, but it keeps growing."
    It was a true miracle, or it was genetically modified. Horticultural experts were being flown in from around the bubble.
    Strangely the plant only grew when Simoof had left. Only his herbs, and only one herb in particular, Salvia officinalis.
    "Look I really don't know how it happens. I walk up to it, water it and leave."

He looked at the headline the next day ... "Rise Of Passed Sage".

09 - RoyalHankey - Drabble Liner to Lave

Welcome to the check-in of flight PK174 to Lave
    Operated by Psykokow's Transport Company
    Form in an orderly queue those going to Lave for pre-flight check.
    First passenger please, Name
    Simon Winnard, hmmm it will be cargo bay for you, we not got a seat big enough. Next, name please.
    Simoof, hmmm, silent room for you, we want get there, Next.
    Frank, hmmm, hospital wing for you we want get you there alive. Next.
    Alien, hmmm, join Simoof in quite room, we don't want any passenger complaints about your singing. Next
    King Hankey, come right here your in Luxury Class.

10 - Simoof - A wise man sleeps on his back.

The final hurdle lay before the young ensign. If he could manage this he'd earn a permanent place on the crew.
    The captain grew impatient. "Look at the size of it, it's huge. All you need to do is get this tiny asp through that massive opening."
    "I know, I will. Just let me get mentally ready."
    Winnards Hole was perfectly aligned. A small thrust and all would be done.
    The ensign took a deep breath and thrust forward at an alarming speed.
    "STRAIGHT IN!!!" the captain squeed.
    "Is it OK?"
    "Winnard or the snake hanging out of his butt?"

Well done to Edith the Frank.