Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter 177

Newsletter 177

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons
    COMMANDERS ENCOUNTER UNKNOWN SHIPS

We've had several reports of Unknown Ships being sighted near and interacting with barnacles. Initial reports were made by Commander McJamz, which were later corroborated by the Cannon Research Institute. The interaction these Unknown Ships are having with these barnacles is unclear, It's speculated they may be "refueling".

Some pilots have carried out unprovoked attacks on the Unknown Ships, but so far the unknown ships have not responded to this hostility. Many have speculated that this kind of action has no effect, while others worry that humanity's aggression towards the alien craft may sour future attempts to establish relations with them.

Newsletter 177

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons
    COMMANDERS ENCOUNTER UNKNOWN SHIPS

We've had several reports of Unknown Ships being sighted near and interacting with barnacles. Initial reports were made by Commander McJamz, which were later corroborated by the Cannon Research Institute. The interaction these Unknown Ships are having with these barnacles is unclear, It's speculated they may be "refueling".

Some pilots have carried out unprovoked attacks on the Unknown Ships, but so far the unknown ships have not responded to this hostility. Many have speculated that this kind of action has no effect, while others worry that humanity's aggression towards the alien craft may sour future attempts to establish relations with them.

Newsletter 177

Thanks for the heads up, Have a nice weekend Jenner

Thanks!!

Thanks Fdev for putting my battlestation out there in the newsletter!! You all rock!!!

-CMDR Rockopoulos, o7

"[...] but so far the unknown ships have not responded to this hostility."

Erm, they won't, will they? They're obviously still a placeholder.

Always a pleasure to receive the newsletter

I think it is quite lame to add in the newsletter bug-related stuff.

"Frameshift drifting" occurs when you start charging your FSD while in the camera suite. Exit the suite and you'll enter into the tunnel the same angle the camera was used at the time the FSD charge was initiated. It is like featuring a CMDR who got only meters away from a black hole.
    I think there are plenty of other, old and new community news/achievements you use this space for...

Yayy... another "newsletter" without any actual news.

How about it with that newsletter overhaul Fdev..?

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)

Well, the newsletters are not for us forumers anymore for several months, nowdays i even forget to read them.
    They are news for who doesn't follow the forums, we get news as soon as they are available, which actually is a good thing.

Yay, another post saying stuff which isn't true. Plenty of news in the newsletter for me to read. Maybe it just doesn't have the news you are looking for, it still has new in it though.

The 'Newsletter' should indeed be named 'Weekly Recap' or something as most of the stuff in there tends to have been on the forums for days already, especially Alien and Store stuff. The rest is nice PR/marketing, but still, it makes no real newsletter in the truest sense.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Yay, another post saying stuff which isn't true. Plenty of news in the newsletter for me to read. Maybe it just doesn't have the news you are looking for, it still has new in it though.
    As Andrew above mentioned, it should be called "weekly recap". For active player any of that weekly letter's content is hardly news, they are things happened during the last week and we are aware of them already. So nothing "new" to me or any other active player.
    The word "news" is quite relevant here, dont you think?

As Andrew above mentioned, it should be called "weekly recap". For active player any of that weekly letter's content is hardly news, they are things happened during the last week and we are aware of them already. So nothing "new" to me or any other active player.
    The word "news" is quite relevant here, dont you think?
    There was some news in it for me and I am an active player, or was until my computer stopped working last week. But I always find a bit of news in there which I haven't noticed on the forums on in game.

Could there be more, yes I would love more news, especially with the ongoing development, but I can also wait as well. So as I said, there was news in it for me. Remember most players don't seem to be on the forums, so may not know what is going on and the newletter is good for them and is news.

As has been said before, the newsletter is nice for people who do not hang around the forum all the time and/or simply don't have time to follow the goings-on. For those of us who do follow the news it's a bit redundant, yeah.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    As has been said before, the newsletter is nice for people who do not hang around the forum all the time and/or simply don't have time to follow the goings-on. For those of us who do follow the news it's a bit redundant, yeah.
    Thinking about it, it's like that roughly since they removed the peek of the week section, which even then was the only section which had a chance to have something unseen in the forums and for keep us in touch with the development.

Since then, i don't wait Friday anymore.

is there gonna be a newsletter today please,i like them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast