Page 615 of 633 FirstFirst ... 605611612613614615616617618619625 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 9492

Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

So, is the Gnosis starting jumping from this Thursday? or from once 2.4 drops?
    I'm betting on it's going to jump into the permit locked system and the 'other megaships' that are referred to will be on the one in the permit locked system.

The Gnosis and crew will have to look for clues to find the then 'lost' megaship (I think it was called overlook) which holds key research/technologies in resisting/fighting back the thargoids.

*Movie trailer voice*
    On an epic 6 month adventure, one crew voyages into the darkness... alone. With nothing but their wit, determination and a large supply of Tea and Biscuits. Their mission? To find the Federations lost Research Ship, and science the heck out of it! Their Goal? To create technologies in the defence of humanity.
    The Canonn!
    Coming Soon™ To a gaming screen near you!

Originally Posted by kizcat View Post (Source)
    So, is the Gnosis starting jumping from this Thursday? or from once 2.4 drops?
    You should read the Canonn thread, they cover all that

Originally Posted by RedWizzard View Post (Source)
    To clarify: Gnosis jumps are expected to happen on Thursdays once 2.4 is released. It's not moving until then.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    This is the Canonn Thread.
    And yes, found my answer (I was reading on my phone and went on PC to make that post and missed some posts doing that)

Originally Posted by RedWizzard View Post (Source)
    To clarify: Gnosis jumps are expected to happen on Thursdays once 2.4 is released. It's not moving until then.
    I don't know the veracity of the implication that other megaships will jump too, but it is logical: there's no reason FDev would put in the code to make the Gnosis jump and not use it for other megaships.
    Wellll ... it remains to be seen whether any "code" is involved or whether this is simply re-instating what used to happen with Jaques, which is that, during the regular 8am Thursday morning server reboot, someone at Frontier towers would edit the ship's location (I'm guessing ... but ... that is SO what used to happen). My further guess would be (and I'd love for Frontier to prove me wrong and demonstrate something far more sophisticated), that from 2.4 onwards, they'll have the ability to input a schedule of jumps (i.e. a list of jump dates and destinations) to be executed on subsequent Thursday reboots. If anyone actually gets to see the ship's engines power up and is able to witness the ship jumping from its current location and/or arriving at its new destination then I'll apologise for ever doubting them AND will gladly buy drinks for those responsible all night at the Expo in October!

P.S. oh, and they stated when megaships were first introduced that all megaships would have the ability to move.

Pssst - to any dev's disappointed by my lack of faith .. at the very least I'm managing expectations for you!

(click banner for guides, hint & tips, reference lists and much much more!)

This is the Canonn Thread.
    And yes, found my answer (I was reading on my phone and went on PC to make that post and missed some posts doing that)
    I'm assuming Factabulous means the Canonn Player Group thread in the player group sub-forum, as opposed to this one.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth.../241512-Canonn
    "These are not the trumbles you are looking for. Make it so." - CMDR Spock Oddsocks (Fargate: Deep Babylon's 7)

Ahh that makes more sense, Thank you

I never really look in that thread tbh

They should make it so the Megaship chooses a destination based on the targets selected by CMDRs docked during the jump.

Hmm, Of course then the trolls would send them to the middle of nowhere and we'd never see them again.

Community: We want more input!
    FD: Ok
    Community: Not them!

Ahh that makes more sense, Thank you

I never really look in that thread tbh
    tbh, neither do I. But I sometimes, at least, remember it exists
    "These are not the trumbles you are looking for. Make it so." - CMDR Spock Oddsocks (Fargate: Deep Babylon's 7)

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    got a link? I found one and its just pages and pages of group join requests.
    -pathetic earth destroyer D100 - lamp - eat an anchovy it wont kill you ><o>

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Wellll ... it remains to be seen whether any "code" is involved or whether this is simply re-instating what used to happen with Jaques, which is that, during the regular 8am Thursday morning server reboot, someone at Frontier towers would edit the ship's location (I'm guessing ... but ... that is SO what used to happen). My further guess would be (and I'd love for Frontier to prove me wrong and demonstrate something far more sophisticated), that from 2.4 onwards, they'll have the ability to input a schedule of jumps (i.e. a list of jump dates and destinations) to be executed on subsequent Thursday reboots. If anyone actually gets to see the ship's engines power up and is able to witness the ship jumping from its current location and/or arriving at its new destination then I'll apologise for ever doubting them AND will gladly buy drinks for those responsible all night at the Expo in October!

P.S. oh, and they stated when megaships were first introduced that all megaships would have the ability to move.

Pssst - to any dev's disappointed by my lack of faith .. at the very least I'm managing expectations for you!
    As a Canonn councilor I have some inside knowledge on how this is going to work, and I think you have it more or less right. From what I understand it is more automated than Jaques (which I believe was a manual update as you say). I imagine FD will have a tool that allows them to specify what body and the orbital parameters and the tool will do the necessary checking and setup.

It's quiet.. too quiet..
    "Uy ah ual ing ual ing wetail."

Originally Posted by Magik0012 View Post (Source)
    It's quiet.. too quiet..
    Contemplating trailer lore dump. Looks like corrosive weapons are human tech?
    Never type in anger and press enter

The sentries report Tharglets to the south west. Thousands of them

anyone know Men of Harlech ?

Military report from aegis during new weapon testing. Tharglets Confirmed

Speaking from a purely financial angle, If these are like the originals then you really needed to concentrate on the mothership, if it went down then you could make good coin of the scooped Tharglets.

Page 615 of 633 FirstFirst ... 605611612613614615616617618619625 ... LastLast