Page 55 of 674 FirstFirst ... 4551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 10096

Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

  1. #811
    Originally Posted by bitstorm View Post (Source)
    ⇩ Guardian style triangles in the background.
    I'm not convinced about 'Guardian style'. They are triangles. The Guardians did not have a monopoly on that particular geometric shape.

    After-all, go to any one of your ships holographic screens. Look at the shapes in them before they coalesce into text and boxes: Triangles. Yet I do not see people speculating they our technology is based on Guardian technology because both have triangles... somewhere.


    A good break down however, but you have to take a virtual +1.

  2. #812
    With regards to the Mycoid virus and the cure. Given that the events of Frontier first Encounters appear to have been retconned, I'm of half a mind the Mycoid and the cure may still be a thing, but perhaps in our future, not our past. And it is the the Alliance may create the Mycoid virus, or cure or both, in the coming months/years.

  3. #813
    Originally Posted by Starke Hathaway View Post (Source)
    The problem with this explanation of the Morse isn't that it's a bad idea or that it doesn't make sense. The problem is that it directly contradicts what MB has said about it. Let's review.

    MB replies to a post by RedWizzard, which itself quotes a post by Thatchinho reading in relevant part:



    To this RedWizzard replies:



    And in response to RedWizzard MB writes:



    So, unless MB flagrantly lied here it cannot be the case that the devs used Morse just to make the puzzle easier to solve. We're meant to interpret the fact that the UAs use Morse code as relevant in-universe information rather than as a meta "it was easy" explanation.
    You're absolutely right on this. Possible interpretations:

    1) UA is of human origin (and LordZoltan is conspiring with Feds)
    2) UA is Thargoid but they've learned blink code during first war, and they liked it...
    3) UA is Thargoid, its transmission is not (?!)
    4) Morse was deliberate from FD, not from Thargoids or humans
    5) FD are all Thargoids
    6) Michael Brookes is Cthulhu's heir
    7) I am wrong
    8) I am Thargoid
    9) both

  4. #814
    Originally Posted by Keybuk View Post (Source)
    Every single Farragut-class Battlecruiser has this designation on the side.
    Ah, fair enough. Thought someone had said they normally have FNS.

  5. #815
    Canonn Science and Research has identified the remnants of what seems to be a classified federation transmission from the debris of the Farraguts

    It reads as follows:
    UNKNOWN VESSELS DETECTED. SERVER PURGE FAILED. SHIP ASSETS LIQUIDATED. PAYLOAD DESTROYED. SHIP STATUS LOST.

    I wish to share this news with the Galaxy before the federation tries to cover up what we've found.

    Cmdr Vildu identified that there was an audio transmission from the antenna array when you are within 30m of the antenna.


    A logistics and analysis team dispatched to the area catalogued the transmission

    Here is Cmdr CrescentMage's captured audio
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5591ed58_1.mp3

    The audio region from 0:23 to 0:31 has what looks like data and here is a small sample of the pattern found by Cmdr CrescentMage


    Cmdr AdmlAdama noted that it seemed to be sped up Morse code and translated the message seen above.


    This message is to let the galaxy know what happened. And to ensure that the Federation isn't able to suppress this important scientific discovery

    This information has been supplied to Canonn Faction Radio in case something happens to us
    https://mobile.twitter.com/canonnradio
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTK...ZYnEtmVY83MSLg

  6. #816
    Originally Posted by rizal72 View Post (Source)
    You're absolutely right on this. Possible interpretations:

    1) UA is of human origin (and LordZoltan is conspiring with Feds)
    2) UA is Thargoid but they've learned blink code during first war, and they liked it...
    3) UA is Thargoid, its transmission is not (?!)
    4) Morse was deliberate from FD, not from Thargoids or humans
    5) FD are all Thargoids
    6) Michael Brookes is Cthulhu's heir
    7) I am wrong
    8) I am Thargoid
    9) both
    Ha! I'll wager at least 4 of those statements are true

  7. #817
    Originally Posted by AdmlAdama View Post (Source)
    Canonn Science and Research has identified the remnants of what seems to be a classified federation transmission from the debris of the Farraguts

    It reads as follows:
    UNKNOWN VESSELS DETECTED. SERVER PURGE FAILED. SHIP ASSETS LIQUIDATED. PAYLOAD DESTROYED. SHIP STATUS LOST.

    I wish to share this news with the Galaxy before the federation tries to cover up what we've found.

    Cmdr Vildu identified that there was an audio transmissions from the antenna array here when you are within 30m of the antenna.
    https://i.imgur.com/QsXaNIg.jpg

    A logistics and analysis team dispatched to the area catalogued the transmission

    Here is Cmdr CrescentMage captured audio
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5591ed58_1.mp3

    The audio region from 0:23 to 0:31 has what looks like data and here is a small sample of the pattern found by Cmdr CrescentMage
    https://i.imgur.com/YcYCyP5.jpg

    Cmdr AdmlAdama noted that it seemed to be sped up Morse code and translated the message seen above.
    https://i.imgur.com/Cosd0gy.jpg

    This message is to let the galaxy know what happened. And to ensure that the Federation isn't able to suppress this important scientific discovery

    This information has been supplied to Canonn Faction Radio in case something happens to us
    https://mobile.twitter.com/canonnradio
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTK...ZYnEtmVY83MSLg
    Very very nice work.

    [fourthwall]
    And once again the sound department deliver a Hollywood-level creation.

    The artistry in this game astounds me sometimes.
    [/fourthwall]

  8. #818
    Originally Posted by AdmlAdama View Post (Source)
    Canonn Science and Research has identified the remnants of what seems to be a classified federation transmission from the debris of the Farraguts

    It reads as follows:
    UNKNOWN VESSELS DETECTED. SERVER PURGE FAILED. SHIP ASSETS LIQUIDATED. PAYLOAD DESTROYED. SHIP STATUS LOST.

    I wish to share this news with the Galaxy before the federation tries to cover up what we've found.

    Cmdr Vildu identified that there was an audio transmissions from the antenna array here when you are within 30m of the antenna.
    https://i.imgur.com/QsXaNIg.jpg

    A logistics and analysis team dispatched to the area catalogued the transmission

    Here is Cmdr CrescentMage captured audio
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5591ed58_1.mp3

    The audio region from 0:23 to 0:31 has what looks like data and here is a small sample of the pattern found by Cmdr CrescentMage
    https://i.imgur.com/YcYCyP5.jpg

    Cmdr AdmlAdama noted that it seemed to be sped up Morse code and translated the message seen above.
    https://i.imgur.com/Cosd0gy.jpg

    This message is to let the galaxy know what happened. And to ensure that the Federation isn't able to suppress this important scientific discovery

    This information has been supplied to Canonn Faction Radio in case something happens to us
    https://mobile.twitter.com/canonnradio
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTK...ZYnEtmVY83MSLg
    Top work CMDRs!
    It reminds me of those funny morsed ancient times...

  9. #819
    Originally Posted by rizal72 View Post (Source)
    Sure, we discuss, politely!
    And your blink code objection make absolutely sense. However, you know, it's a game, and how could FD create some alien language, that being alien by definition, could have been understood from us players? I agree that binary could have been a better choice then morse, but as you know, they used it later. They hired more people, could have time to develop better riddles, for us.
    Perhaps the MORSE was just some kind of "temporary workaround/mistake": how could FD know from the beginning how smart we were?

    PS
    I made a couple edits to my previous post, perhaps you could read them....
    Well if you consider MB's comment that the UAs use Morse for a reason then I think there are only two possibilities:
    1) UAs were created by humans using some alien organic technology, origin unknown
    2) UAs were created by aliens trying to communicate something to humans.

    i don't think we yet have any evidence to prefer one, after almost two years they are still equally probable.

  10. #820
    Originally Posted by AdmlAdama View Post (Source)
    Canonn Science and Research has identified the remnants of what seems to be a classified federation transmission from the debris of the Farraguts

    It reads as follows:
    UNKNOWN VESSELS DETECTED. SERVER PURGE FAILED. SHIP ASSETS LIQUIDATED. PAYLOAD DESTROYED. SHIP STATUS LOST.

    I wish to share this news with the Galaxy before the federation tries to cover up what we've found.

    Cmdr Vildu identified that there was an audio transmission from the antenna array when you are within 30m of the antenna.
    https://i.imgur.com/QsXaNIg.jpg

    A logistics and analysis team dispatched to the area catalogued the transmission

    Here is Cmdr CrescentMage's captured audio
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5591ed58_1.mp3

    The audio region from 0:23 to 0:31 has what looks like data and here is a small sample of the pattern found by Cmdr CrescentMage
    https://i.imgur.com/YcYCyP5.jpg

    Cmdr AdmlAdama noted that it seemed to be sped up Morse code and translated the message seen above.
    https://i.imgur.com/Cosd0gy.jpg

    This message is to let the galaxy know what happened. And to ensure that the Federation isn't able to suppress this important scientific discovery

    This information has been supplied to Canonn Faction Radio in case something happens to us
    https://mobile.twitter.com/canonnradio
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTK...ZYnEtmVY83MSLg
    Nice work.

    Anyone who's better at morse than me (i.e. pretty much anyone) want to take a look at this:

    Originally Posted by Distant View Post (Source)
    Not sure if this is the place for this, but I found a second signal at the HIP 17044 site...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-hKaYoI6zw

    Around the 2 minute mark.

    Is there anything to that signal that repeats every 5 minutes.

    Again, sorry if this is the wrong place for this!
    I make it:

    TWA TSW TVIM 9 TKW Q OW KKIW KNI NSMW MA TSN MEA

    I don't know morse though and some of it wasn't particularly clear so I'd imagine I've got some parts way off.

  11. #821
    Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Well if you consider MB's comment that the UAs use Morse for a reason then I think there are only two possibilities:
    1) UAs were created by humans using some alien organic technology, origin unknown
    2) UAs were created by aliens trying to communicate something to humans.

    i don't think we yet have any evidence to prefer one, after almost two years they are still equally probable.
    I disagree that they're equally probable. We've decoded the Morse transmissions and we know their content: first, the (human) name of the closest star and later, line drawings of scanned ships. Because the UA constantly orients its "head" toward Merope, there's reason to suspect that Merope is the target of the transmissions. Neither of these things make much sense if the UA is intended to communicate from aliens to humans. Presumably an alien intelligence with enough grasp of human communication to do either of these things could just as easily Morse "nice Bubble you've got there, shame if anything were to happen to it" rather than this oblique roundabout stuff.

    To me, the Morse is a solid indicator that the UAs were designed with input from humans to serve human purposes.

  12. #822
    Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Well if you consider MB's comment that the UAs use Morse for a reason then I think there are only two possibilities:
    1) UAs were created by humans using some alien organic technology, origin unknown
    2) UAs were created by aliens trying to communicate something to humans.

    i don't think we yet have any evidence to prefer one, after almost two years they are still equally probable.
    I would put my money on 2).

    The morse is done all wrong. It uses the same letters as Morse code, but the pronunciation is all wrong.

    All the human Morse emitters gets it right.

    It's like it was made by someone who never heard Morse code. Someone who only read the code.

  13. #823
    Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Nice work.

    Anyone who's better at morse than me (i.e. pretty much anyone) want to take a look at this:



    I make it:

    TWA TSW TVIM 9 TKW Q OW KKIW KNI NSMW MA TSN MEA

    I don't know morse though and some of it wasn't particularly clear so I'd imagine I've got some parts way off.
    Here's an ear friendly version if anyone can do morse (if it is) : https://drive.google.com/uc?view=exp...FVROENYQVl0a3c

  14. #824
    Originally Posted by LordZoltan View Post (Source)
    Very very nice work.

    [fourthwall]
    And once again the sound department deliver a Hollywood-level creation.

    The artistry in this game astounds me sometimes.
    [/fourthwall]
    No no! You may not compliment FDEV. Remember this is the worst game ever and FDEV know nothing about making games. It is a awful RNwhatever and mode switching disaster with forced (at gunpoint) grind that is thirty seven trillion light-years wide and one planck length deep. I know, the forum said so.

  15. #825
    Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    I would put my money on 2).

    The morse is done all wrong. It uses the same letters as Morse code, but the pronunciation is all wrong.

    All the human Morse emitters gets it right.

    It's like it was made by someone who never heard Morse code. Someone who only read the code.
    Or someone trying to hide a signal from people who might otherwise understand it if they happen to stumble across one of their toys. Like: Qorbeq or Jmanis

Page 55 of 674 FirstFirst ... 4551525354555657585965 ... LastLast