Page 57 of 636 FirstFirst ... 4753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Thargoid Return!

Pretty cool site and an extra touch with the morse and all - I made a little video of it. Credits to these guys for finding the morse and decoding it: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5611753

Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Those were pretty much the ones I had in my list too, but I think 1 is broader and is just generic human origins. Don't get me wrong, I think the one you've said is the most likely one of the set, but there's other options - they're created by human AI (still no clues what happened to them that I've seen), they're pure human creations but there's been a time-slip, they're pure human creations from some of the missing who have made rapid progress away from the main human bubble.

My money is on the UAs being human creations from cannibalised UPs:
    - UPs use of symbols & non human reference points vs UAs use of morse & human system names
    - UPs being completely unusual looking vs UAs looking half (head) unusual and half (tail) pretty normal tech-wise.

So why did we find UAs first and what's the deal with them and the UA shell?

Ok, here goes:

- Whatever's in Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3 was found by humanity (which is why it's locked). UPs were either there or in the vicinity.
    - The UPs transmission to Merope along with the Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3 to Merope distance unit lead the powers to be to investigate Merope.
    - Nothing was found, but there was obviously some significance to Merope
    - It was assumed that the something would return to Merope at some point
    - Realising the possibility of a threat, the Merope situation was put to use
    - A hidden repeater was installed in Merope
    - The UP was cannibalised with human tech to make the UA
    - The UAs were distributed around Merope in the UA shell

Why cannibalise the UPs? Various reasons:

1. Concealing what was going on from humanity

2. Making use of advanced tech within the UP

3. Providing an anomaly as bait to get ships to stop and investigate the UA (at which point they would be scanned and their ships shape transmitted to the repeater station at Merope)

Why do it all? Early warning. Unrecognised ships spotted by the UAs would be the trigger. Where in the shell the alarm was triggered would also indicate the where the ship was coming from (assuming they were going towards Merope). Even if not heading to Merope, enough triggerings would give a general direction of approach.

Also UAs which were picked up would eventually be dropped (either intentionally or through the corrosive effects of the UA), providing a mechanism for tracking the ships.

What happens when certain ships trigger the alarm? Exodus, Warfleet/INRA activation, diplomatic missions, who knows?

Our interaction and interference with it all wasn't planned for - the advent of the FSD and widespread access to fast, long distance travel putting it all within easy access for most of humanity hadn't been anticipated. (Or possibly it was and the Antares incident was rigged to stop the take off of FSD tech.)

I could be talking absolute rubbish of course!
    There's one definite piece of supporting evidence for UAs being cannibalised UPs: the UAs transmit data over 'vast distances' - said Palin. And so do UPs, just in a different way.

Oh snap! The data is transmitted directly through witchspace?

Anyway, I'm much more comfortable, despite my earlier post, to accept that unknown probes are alien - and that UAs are made from them. Nice post - out of rep
    CMDR Lord Zoltan - On-sabbatical Canonn Councillor over at http://canonn.science
    Read Ode to the Elite - A Poem
    I7-6700k - 32Gb GSkill DDR4 - Nvidia Titan Pascal - Oculus CV1 - Corsair AX1500i - Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow

Originally Posted by AdmlAdama View Post (Source)
    Looks like the same signal we decoded. After reviewing it is the same. You can slow it down 90% or look at the spectrogram to get a better idea of the message.

It's UNKNOWN VESSELS DETECTED. SERVER PURGE FAILED. SHIP ASSETS LIQUIDATED. PAYLOAD DESTROYED. SHIP STATUS LOST.
    Server purge failed, is interesting. The data they stole from Palin might still be onboard.

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    Server purge failed, is interesting. The data they stole from Palin might still be onboard.
    It is. Scan the Cap Ship data point and you get Unknown Ship Data.

Originally Posted by Dr Phibes View Post (Source)
    Who named the builders of the ruins "the guardians"?, and if that is actually their name, it does not mean thats what they do.
    I inferred from the Language 4 codex that Ram Tah named them Guardians based on his impression of their society, in which they "shared an expectation of mutual protection".

Originally Posted by Nitrogue View Post (Source)
    Where do we stand with the guardians?
    I haven't paid much attention to them recently and thinking on heading back out there.
    Was thinking of making a 3D model of the systems found to see if there was a rough pattern to them, seem to recall one of the data bits saying that the site layouts follow a pattern, and that where the guardians went followed a pattern. Is this worth doing/ has someone beaten me to it?
    There was a nice 3D viewer available off of the Canonn site, but my old bookmark no longer works for me. Anyone know if this is still available?

This is all fun and games until someone's battle cruiser gets blown up. No but in all seriousness riddle me this:

-How did the Thargoids know where the fleet was? I mean it wasn't obvious to begin with.

-How did the Thargoids know the ship had dangerous data on them?

-How come the Thargoids seem to be picking on only the Federation?

I think the Federation either has a Thargoid spy (unlikely) or they are interfacing with Alien tech thus unknowingly giving the Thargoids access to everything in our cyper space. It appears the Thargoids may have infected us back and aren't actually emping us but rather shutting ships down on demand.

Observations

If people here are still discussing the capital ship wreckage in HIP 17044 here are a few observations I made while there:
    -Fighters were launched
    -Federal ships (medium-large size) were present
    -where the hell did I get FNS Pride from? IT doesn't appear anywhere afaik.

FNS Pride (FDN-RD5):
    -damage around what appear to be heat vents
    -audio report around the bridge, garbled, contents unknown, perhaps static
    -Fires still burning 12 hours later
    -Lights are still functional, suggesting that there was not a complete power failure
    -Lights on the fore of the ship (viewed from above) are blinking, analyze pattern later
    -Plenty of green residue on the ship, but only a few actual places appear to have damage
    -Some 'hatches' on the ship are open
    -It appears as though not all blue circles (thrusters/shield gens?) are offline

Corvette next to FNS Pride (FVU-85):
    -Emergency lighting is active
    -damage appears to follow a similar pattern to that of the FNS Pride (around what are presumably the engines and along various points of the hull with fire being present close to the engines)
    -Hardpoints are not deployed
    -Cockpit is undamaged, or at least not visibly from the outside
    -

Dropship next to FNS Pride (FDS 158):
    -External lighting is still active
    -similar damage appearance as FVU-85
    -power distributor is burning
    -hardpooints are not deployed
    -Aside from the fires there is very little in the way of noticeable failures presuming that the green material hasn't eaten through the armor
    -2 dropships with identical models and identical numbers are here

Federation fighter (F-63 model?) next to FNS Pride and FDS 158:
    -blue, possibly telling of the faction involved
    -no emergency lighting, but lights are present in the forward sections and are active
    -no pilot of any description, just a blank chair
    -1LAR-1A-X
    -some external damage, but none of the green material found on the other ships
    -cockpit appears cracked, but perhaps not completely broken
    -

Group around Transmitter:
    -same as group around FNS Pride (1x Corvette FVU-85, 2x Dropship FDS-158, 1x fighter)
    -this fighter appears to have been damaged in a similar manner as the Corvette
    -fire around the engines
    -green material on the wings
    -1LAR 1A-X is the fighter designation

Transmitter:
    -no visible damage, why?
    -did not hear message while in fighter at 11:59-12:10
    -audio report from transmitter, should be reviewed

Second Battlecruiser:
    -labeled only as FDN-RD5
    -appears to be similar if not identical to FNS Pride

In conclusion I have three questions:

1. Why are SLF deployed and damaged when the first thing that Thargoids do is to EMP a ship and most of the SLFs show damage presumably from Thargoids? (How can the SLFs be launched if none of the ships had power?)

2. Why are the lights still functional and why do the audio beacon and one of the fighters appear to be mostly undamaged? Also, where is the crew?

3. Whoever targeted these ships targeted specific subsystems, and from what I can tell those subsystems were power or propulsion related except in the case of the FDS. Why target only these systems if their intention was to stop the message from being received?

Originally Posted by publicstaticvoid View Post (Source)
    This is all fun and games until someone's battle cruiser gets blown up. No but in all seriousness riddle me this:

-How did the Thargoids know where the fleet was? I mean it wasn't obvious to begin with.

-How did the Thargoids know the ship had dangerous data on them?

-How come the Thargoids seem to be picking on only the Federation?

I think the Federation either has a Thargoid spy (unlikely) or they are interfacing with Alien tech thus unknowingly giving the Thargoids access to everything in our cyper space. It appears the Thargoids may have infected us back and aren't actually emping us but rather shutting ships down on demand.
    Well going on past games they got vastly superior drives to us, probably better sensors as well.

Well there been hints of spies amongst the human race!

We also know there might have been some kind of deal struck after the last war. So may be what ever faction negotiated that is giving them intelligence.

An we never did find out the story behind the sighting of those strange DBX recorded by stations.

Plus someone may have told them it was the Federation that deployed the Mycoid virus against them.

I would put my money on 2).

The morse is done all wrong. It uses the same letters as Morse code, but the pronunciation is all wrong.

All the human Morse emitters gets it right.

It's like it was made by someone who never heard Morse code. Someone who only read the code.
    As usual we are on the same line of thoughts: while it is morse, it is made by a chittering/alien like sound: this is enough to be dubious about its real origin, in both cases, human or not.

Originally Posted by LordZoltan View Post (Source)
    Or someone trying to hide a signal from people who might otherwise understand it if they happen to stumble across one of their toys. Like: Qorbeq or Jmanis
    That would have been plausable, if the UA message contained some kind of secret.

The message is however just basic scan data.

More like it's saying 'Look at me. I can scan' in a funny accent.
    And again, same line of thoughts here as well.

Despite whatever can be assumed, the origin of the UA is still an assumption. However, in my previous posts I've given a Story-wise explanation of why I think/assume that UA, UP and Barnies ar all Thargoids, parts of the same plan: Explore, Inspect, Scan, Collect Data, Discover, Scout, Choose, Move Pieces, Settle.

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    What if all the events in Frontier First Encounters was a Dream Ware Adventure, with the interactions with the Thargoids was all just a Sci Fi drama, created to spread mis-information about them?
    More than possible and it would be the best way to go as its gives Frontier more space to grow the Thargoids without conflicting with past storylines.

Apparently their a book in Frontier headquarters filled with details on the Thargoids.

Somewhere inside Frontier Developments' office in Cambridge is a book filled with information about the Thargoid alien race. "It's about this thick", said the representative in-charge of my appointment, holding up his fingers several inches apart indicating that the book could be larger than a dictionary.

Despite this, very little is known about the Thargoids publicly. In-fact, we aren't even sure if they consider mankind hostile or friendly.

This investment in developing a backstory for the species will play an incredibly important role in v2.4, ensuring that Frontier Developments has prepared well in advance for making the final update of season two as interesting as possible.
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/featur...lanet-landings

All of a sudden I'm wondering how good Frontier office security is! umm I wonder if the excuse I thought this was all part of a ARG would cut mustard with the courts!

Now... THIS IS INTERESTING!
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/featur...3-2017-preview

Excerpt, spoiler ahead:

"After a sequence of brief demonstrations, I was shown a video of a player approaching a planet with an exotic landmark. This landmark had tall, sharp spikes, deep ridges, and was clearly unlike anything the game currently delivers with its procedural generation. My attention was grasped. Approaching closer, the player was able to land their SRV before heading into a nearby cave. This was no ordinary cave, though. What was inside were hundreds if not thousands of egg sacs, and slimy walls that clearly were the construction of something beyond the understandings of the current universe.
    At the end of the video, the player observed a large item of interest that I anticipate is likely a teleportation or communication beacon used by the Thargoids. But before I could learn more, the video cut."

And this as well...
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/featur...lanet-landings

Originally Posted by Thatchinho View Post (Source)
    Those were pretty much the ones I had in my list too...
    This is kind of what I was thinking too. Good post. +rep

Unregistered Comm Beacon in Munfayl System in More's orbit (reporting just in case)

Originally Posted by MAUXUS View Post (Source)
    Unregistered Comm Beacon in Munfayl System in More's orbit (reporting just in case)

http://i.imgur.com/YceJ9Lw.jpg
    Is it broadcasting anything?

I couldn't wait, I was in the middle of a mission carrying loads of stuff to destination in different system.

Page 57 of 636 FirstFirst ... 4753545556575859606167 ... LastLast