Page 159 of 674 FirstFirst ... 149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 10096

Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Originally Posted by ShadowAviator View Post (Source)
    the image matches up very well with merope, but it doesnt show the one unlandable moon. Am I missing something?
    Which one are you talking about? In the System Map there are 4, 4, 3, 3 moons orbiting the planets, same as on the spectrogram.

So I've tested putting the objects in a specific order. I went from the new diagram UA 1st, UL Second, Then UP...nothing changed.

Originally Posted by richyp View Post (Source)
    Just logged back in at the structure and noticed a nav panel entry for it. Is that now visible because I've already visited it, or has something changed to make them appear on panel?

http://i.imgur.com/pNkkYiM.jpg

Never noticed it before I logged out this morning.
    Happened to me too, I guess it's some sort of auto bookmark

Originally Posted by SillyNickname View Post (Source)
    I've found two systems that are equidistant to the 3 candidate systems (Merope, HIP 14909 and Col 70 Sector FY-N c21-3) that, between them, are 3 and 2 units (~748,39ly) apart.

LY Aurigae (2U)
    Swoilz FA-A b59-0 (3U)

Another set of candidates are (the unit, in this case, is ~227ly):
    Synuefe TV-X b20-0 (2U)
    Synuefe BU-X b47-4 (3U)

This is a stab in the dark - if anyone thinks it's three different base systems and also thinks that the curves over the systems and above the lower circle means think it means distances drop me a line and I'll crunch the numbers really quick.
    2 waves = the base distance = the "U"
    3 waves = 1.5 x U

Can you locate a system that is 3U/2 LY from the three base systems (COL 70, Merope, HIP 14909)?

Originally Posted by Nutter View Post (Source)
    Happened to me too, I guess it's some sort of auto bookmark
    Hopefully, it'll make getting back here after I go hunting for a UP a lot easier

Originally Posted by richyp View Post (Source)
    Just logged back in at the structure and noticed a nav panel entry for it. Is that now visible because I've already visited it, or has something changed to make them appear on panel?

http://i.imgur.com/pNkkYiM.jpg

Never noticed it before I logged out this morning.
    You probably scanned the Unknown Structure data point in the unknown structure (I did - last time I visited I did not get in the structure and did not get the waypoint)

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    Which one are you talking about? In the System Map there are 4, 4, 3, 3 moons orbiting the planets, same as on the spectrogram.
    Whoops, I was using the man made image, not the spectrogram itself. Nevermind, youre right.

Posting the 'status of Large Wrecks' post for people coming online

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5575919

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    You probably scanned the Unknown Structure data point in the unknown structure (I did - last time I visited I did not get in the structure and did not get the waypoint)
    Not been inside yet, but I was able to target the unknown device from outside and scan it, so maybe that was it.

I've added the UP ammonia planets list on the FP for ease of use

Originally Posted by KineticImpulser View Post (Source)
    [I--] = 4 = Unknown Device = that big map thing that got activated

filled circle = objective complete
    hollow circle = next objective

This is a set of instructions. FOR HUMANS TO FOLLOW.
    I think this is a set of instructions describing what the probes do, the bottom hatched circle is a searched dimension and the top hatched circle is an unsearched dimension. The probe and UA check merope and the mystery system in each dimension and then the UL propagates (or links) them to the next dimension.

Alternatively the hatched circle is the thargoids home dimension (witchspace?) but that doesn't account for the filled/unfilled, circle. the flower v shapes are thargoid ships that assist in the operation.

But none of that is explains the 2 spiral armed galaxy that is in the structure.

Is the 3rd column of the UP table important (and if it is - what is it?). Not done any UP searching before, apologies if dumb question:

https://uploadix.de/images/2016/09/0...izedorbits.jpg

... and of course a USS appears as I was typing - I paniced and dropped outside USS
    ... but when I started rescanning another appeared almost immediately

I was at RO-Q - 15.6mm from planet 7 at minimum speed 30km/s if that helps anyone o7
    min speed (30Km/sec) is not the best way to do as spawn rate is VERY low - keep speed between 210 and 350 Km/sec - otherwise You may have a detection-blackout upto 3 minutes.
    3rd column is distance to Merope, 5,6, 7 are the target Orbits in meters, Mm and Lsec

Originally Posted by CMDR MadRaptor View Post (Source)

You get this from scanning the unknown device, they appear as a unknown signal source in your inbox, when you open it it plays an audio file and this is the spectrogram to comes from that.
    Wooho. A beauty!

Originally Posted by rizal72 View Post (Source)
    I've added the UP ammonia planets list on the FP for ease of use
    Posting the 'status of Large Wrecks' post for people coming online
    Can I make a suggestion please? It doesn't say anywhere about needing a UA in your hold to open the doors to the structures, active or not. It may seem obvious to those who have been to any, but not to any newcomers. Could be worth adding a note to the summary post?

Also as I have heard various reports, can the UP open the doors, or is it just the UP?

The UA and the UL seem to "talk" to each other. Probably nothing, but it's interesting. The UL doesnt interact with the UP in any way though.

Page 159 of 674 FirstFirst ... 149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast