Page 181 of 674 FirstFirst ... 171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 10096

Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

  1. #2701
    Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Mmmm. Do we know that UA and UP are both necessary for the UL to appear? Are the UL being manufactured in that side chamber or just pulled off a storage rack (this sounds more likely to me).
    If you're correct in that 1-- indicates the Unknown Device (and we were told that the UP is the key, i.e. usage instructions), then how does the UD fit into the UP sonogram lower left quadrant? What is it supposed to indicate?
    Nope. I got my UL with just a UA in Solo. Thing is I dropped out of supercruise at =~39k away from the site and flew in and, frankly, I've noticed some weirdness with planetary things (e.g Capital Ships in low orbit) if you approach from a distance. During that "instance" I went in and got no ULs. I went back to my ship, relogged, went straight there from 50m outside the door where i relogged in, and ULs dropped instantly with my one UA.

  2. #2702
    Originally Posted by Judikator View Post (Source)
    I dont know if there is a relation to it, but "HIP 22460" need's still a permit. And it adjoins to pleiades sector.
    Oh yeah. I'm also giggling at all the people who were annoyed that "we know the structure is there based off the trailer, but it's locked!"

    I can't help but feel that was some fine quality salt harvested by FD there

    Edit: Ugh, sorry, posts didn't merge...

  3. #2703
    Good Morning everyone, CMDRs.

    Now:
    Given the name of this settlements is "Large Wreckage Sites" (from UL description), we could assume that these are ships as well: motherships to be precise.

    The central chamber, is simply its NAVIGATION deck, the control room.
    In fact, after activation, it shows a NAVIGATION MAP.

  4. #2704
    Forgot to mention, for those who have been struggling to get a UP or need to know a decent way to get one.

    I did manage to get a UP within minutes at Pleiades Sector KC-U B3-1 8. The method used was to repeatedly enter and leave the planet's sphere of influence (where the bottom left panel changes between the planet's name and "deep space"), and sitting for a few minutes inside it until a USS spawned.

    I think this particular planet is so good for UPs because its SOI is so small, so the possible spawn area is smaller.

    For example, HIP 20785's ammonia world has a massive SOI - about 65ls, but KC-U B3-1 8 has an SOI of only 3.5ls. So I'd recommend going for the smallest ammonia world you can find to try to search for UPs. As we know, entering and leaving the SOI resets the RNG of the USS spawns. You don't even have to do any orbits of the planet, you can simply throttle down in supercruise and sit there waiting for the USSs to come to you. Eventually you'll get that Degraded Emissions Threat 2.

  5. #2705
    Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    Forgot to mention, for those who have been struggling to get a UP or need to know a decent way to get one.

    I did manage to get a UP within minutes at Pleiades Sector KC-U B3-1 8. The method used was to repeatedly enter and leave the planet's sphere of influence (where the bottom left panel changes between the planet's name and "deep space"), and sitting for a few minutes inside it until a USS spawned.

    I think this particular planet is so good for UPs because its SOI is so small, so the possible spawn area is smaller.

    For example, HIP 20785's ammonia world has a massive SOI - about 65ls, but KC-U B3-1 8 has an SOI of only 3.5ls. So I'd recommend going for the smallest ammonia world you can find to try to search for UPs. As we know, entering and leaving the SOI resets the RNG of the USS spawns. You don't even have to do any orbits of the planet, you can simply throttle down in supercruise and sit there waiting for the USSs to come to you. Eventually you'll get that Degraded Emissions Threat 2.
    I got mine in a similar way: didn't even need to cruise. I left my ship floating at 30 m/s slightly inside its SOI, got to have a coffee while keeping an eye to the nav panel, and an USS spawned eventually in few minutes...

  6. #2706
    Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    https://youtu.be/kFOq1jxVYkc?t=5m50s

    Watch it from 5m50s

    Thank you to the Commanders doing this!

    I think this is concrete evidence that the Thargoids are hostile to the Gaurdians.

    EDIT: Is it possible to record the ambient sounds while the base is openly hostile? It could reveal a picture.

    http://i.imgur.com/rT0Qxgs.jpg
    NO, it is NOT concrete evidence for that hypothesis. It is evidence that the UDevice does not like objects other than a UL+UP+UA.
    ONLY WHEN A RANGE OF OTHER OBJECTS HAVE BEEN TRIED WITH NULL EFFECT WILL IT BE EVIDENCE FOR YOUR HYPOTHESIS!

    (I do not shout very often, but any use of pseudoscience is anathema and to be avoided at all costs, especially on this thread which is based on scientific method! See the link in my signature if you don't understand scientific method)

  7. #2707
    Now I've been thinking about this for a while now, and this is just my own speculation on things....

    Now that we have the ULs, how do they change any currently existing experiments that have been done to the UPs and UAs?
    Secondly, if one carries a UA, a UL, and a UP, is it possible for the UL to function as the 'unknown permit' required for the system that the UP is referencing its distances from (the one that isn't Merope)?

  8. #2708
    Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    NO, it is NOT concrete evidence for that hypothesis. It is evidence that the UDevice does not like objects other than a UL+UP+UA.
    ONLY WHEN A RANGE OF OTHER OBJECTS HAVE BEEN TRIED WITH NULL EFFECT WILL IT BE EVIDENCE FOR YOUR HYPOTHESIS!

    (I do not shout very often, but any use of pseudoscience is anathema and to be avoided at all costs, especially on this thread which is based on scientific method! See the link in my signature if you don't understand scientific method)
    Yup, that was my first thought... you could try anything in there and possibly get the same result.

    On that note, try putting some of the other stuff (MA's, Unknown tech samples etc) in there maybe?

  9. #2709
    Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    OK, so I put some conscious thought into "What could be affecting my chances at a UP?" tonight, and although I'm not holding this up as a "how to get a UP" i'm presenting it as at least a data point (and a hectic one at that!)...
    Last year September to November intensive statistical anlyses have been put up at all known UP-Worlds, showing that there is (was?) a gaussian type distribution of spawn probability (for all type of spawns) depending on the distance to planet.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post4450704

    This resulted in publication of the UP-Hunters Guide
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post4478415

    Nevertheless, my yesterdays cross-checks indicate that the overall spawn-rate in orbit of Ammonia-Planets has drastically dropped from around 8-11 spawns/h then to around 4-5 spawns/h now. As the spawn probability for Deg.Em. thread 2 (former Anomaly Thread 2) is around 8% of all spawns, it nowadays makes getting an UP doubble hard...

  10. #2710
    Originally Posted by rizal72 View Post (Source)
    Good Morning everyone, CMDRs.

    Now:
    Given the name of this settlements is "Large Wreckage Sites" (from UL description), we could assume that these are ships as well: motherships to be precise.

    The central chamber, is simply its NAVIGATION deck, the control room.
    In fact, after activation, it shows a NAVIGATION MAP.
    Sounds reasonable. Note how the GalNet article meticulously avoids any references to 'buildings' or 'bases', but talks about 'structures' throughout. The only exception is the word 'edifice' when describing the centerpiece, but that could have several meanings and may describe the thing in its current state. Leaves the question why they are all grounded now, and they don't seem to have crashed. Thargoid generation ships, perhaps? Note the clusters of 'Alien'-like leathery eggs or whatever they are on the ceiling of the 'control room'.

    Well, better not meet any of these in space, I presume.

    Yo,

  11. #2711
    Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    NO, it is NOT concrete evidence for that hypothesis. It is evidence that the UDevice does not like objects other than a UL+UP+UA.
    ONLY WHEN A RANGE OF OTHER OBJECTS HAVE BEEN TRIED WITH NULL EFFECT WILL IT BE EVIDENCE FOR YOUR HYPOTHESIS!

    (I do not shout very often, but any use of pseudoscience is anathema and to be avoided at all costs, especially on this thread which is based on scientific method! See the link in my signature if you don't understand scientific method)
    Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    Yup, that was my first thought... you could try anything in there and possibly get the same result.

    On that note, try putting some of the other stuff (MA's, Unknown tech samples etc) in there maybe?
    Sorry, but other objects have already been tried (see previous posts, CMDR JesusRocks), and only the relics made the Device Angry...
    we need to try other items, sure, but the relation is EVIDENCE already. Perhaps it's just an hint from FD, to tell us Guardians and Thargoids were related somehow, in the past perhaps, and no more. But something happens for sure.

    Check the previous posts, there's even a video with 3 Unknown Relics, that the Device accepts, then when scanned it gets Angry (on the FP).
    Other objects are simply spit out again (CMDR JesusRocks tests).

  12. #2712
    Is anyone aware of a 3rd party tool or website that can generate a list of all star systems approximately, say, around 111 LY from a specific system or two... say HIP 14909 and Merope? Asking for all my friends...

  13. #2713
    Im a bit confused with the front page. the "IT SEEMS GUARDIANS UNKNOWN RELICS ARE BEING ACCEPTED BY THE UNKNOWN DEVICE, BUT THEN IT REACTS VIOLENTLY!" Line is followed by a SPOILER video that doesn't show that reaction. Maybe you posted the wrong video?

  14. #2714
    Originally Posted by subhouse07 View Post (Source)
    The more I look at this site, the more I'm thinking there are multiple forms of life here. We've got all the spiky thargoid parts scattered about, we've got the "unknown" parts on the inside of the structure, and we've got the big dark blue space whale things. Several of the scanned messages seem to imply some clashing happening.

    "Extensive stress fractures detected. Cause of fractures unknown. Unusual material lining the deviations."
    One life for invading another? This message was found on the wall inside the central chamber. Might the unknown device be intruding on some previously established structure?

    Also I've gotten messages that detect ammonia bonded molecular chains, and others that detect carbon bonded molecular chains. This pretty much confirms that everything on site isn't of the same origin right?

    Edit: also the space whale things seem to have an outer skin that is a different texture than all the thargoid parts. It is more scaly like a fish, whereas the thargoid bits look a bit more like a crocodile. On the inside of the structure the material looks slightly different than any found on the outside so I'm not sure what to think of that.

    Its one notion I got from the exploring Site #1 yesterday. Though we didn't get inside it, there seem to be at least 3 different things going on, the Shape of the construct seems to be some sort of barnacle (spikes following a very large radius) in advanced stage / adult? Then, the whale parts / skeletons / more organic looking parts and lastly, the thargoid flowership parts / unknown devices / scavengers.

    Spinning it another way, its a crashed Thargoid mothership infected by something, then attacked by a similar biological entity (guardian tech?) we can see this from the different kind of remains. Scavengers are sent by thargons to retrieve whatever's left of the ship or they were the ships internal life support, like the bugs from Mass Effects Citadel.

  15. #2715
    Originally Posted by Muetdhiver View Post (Source)
    Did FD state that at some point ? Do you have a reference/quote ?

    Because I'd rather be sure than dive in blind in the tinfoil.
    Newsletter 134 (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Newsletter-134) in the section about the UP "a key" was highlighted in green. It unlocked the door at the crash site (as did the UA though) and the spectograph image seems to describe attributes of planets if I recall correctly with the symbols being a key in the "legend sense" representing the features of the planets like on a map or graph.

Page 181 of 674 FirstFirst ... 171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast