Page 386 of 674 FirstFirst ... 376382383384385386387388389390396 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 10096

Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

I was searching for 45+ min for a UP with a grade 5A Scanner with no mods or perhaps a lightweight mod but found one in less than 5 mins with a wide angle. Coincidence? maybe.

Originally Posted by Lurker View Post (Source)
    Nice if your intention is to help but you are wrong at this.

Again and again this pseudo (false) tip with the Sensors/Scanners.
    Turn them off (Scanner and/or Sensors)!
    And USS came in?

There is in fact an a issue but as long enough CMDR's post "No problem" nothing will change ...
    not wrong - the last days (upon searching for a fresh UP myself) I did roughly 22 hours of spawn analysis,
    with lightweight grade 5 D-Scanner you get 4,2 spawns / hour, with standard A-Scanner 6,4 and with wide-angle grade 5 A-Scanner between 8,3 and 11 spawns / hour. All runs done in same system with same flight tactics. So I am quite convinced of the results.
    As UP spawns are the equivalent to Satellite spawns around inhabited ELW (also in probability ~ 8% of all spawns), increasing the total number of spawns per hour is the only way to rise your chances to get one.

edit: btw - the ratios of the different spawn rates correlate quite nicely to the ratios of the different sensor-mods cones cross-section of scan angle (lightweigth +/- 24,7°, standard +/- 30°, wide angle +/- 74°)

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    Just rumors. I have no confirmation on this, but I'll slap on a spoiler.
    So how do we deal with this meta knowledge?

(Premonition spoilers ahead)

(No, really -- it's not just spoilers for the book as a thing on its own - it casts light on relevant matters - expand the next spoiler at your own peril, reader.)

We can't exactly erase from our minds, having read converstions that we can't possibly have been privy to. We can try to act as we would, had we not read it, but it'll still affect how we think (although, maybe that's what theyTM are counting on :9)... :7

Of course: Nothing to say the conspirators were actually truthful, in their "I have you now, and can't resist infodumping my whole plan before I kill you"TM moment -- I suppose they could have worked with the contingency that S could turn out to be up for a discreet plaque in the white hall, rather than the black one, leaving the Oresians not necessarily (EDIT: ...entirely unilaterally.. (They seem to have something of a staging ground somewhat suspiciously located)) throwing us as a meat shield between themselves and pursuing Klaxians, after all. :7
    We still don't know anything about the unknown structures, of course. Which dynasty do they belong to? Oresians (especially with them supposedly the only ones we've seen so far), trying to bolster their numbers by renovating old assets? Would their inclination to us be affected by us being a hindrance, or the kid who goes around pulling thorns out of the paws of wolves? :P

Originally Posted by Xenia_K View Post (Source)
    not wrong - the last days (upon searching for a fresh UP myself) I did roughly 22 hours of spawn analysis,
    with lightweight grade 5 D-Scanner you get 4,2 spawns / hour, with standard A-Scanner 6,4 and with wide-angle grade 5 A-Scanner between 8,3 and 11 spawns / hour. All runs done in same system with same flight tactics. So I am quite convinced of the results.
    As UP spawns are the equivalent to Satellite spawns around inhabited ELW (also in probability ~ 8% of all spawns), increasing the total number of spawns per hour is the only way to rise your chances to get one.

Thats great for you and a lot of CMDR (me included) have big respect for your hard work especial the last days.

I give it up ...
    If you have again time maybe you end your spawn studies with adding spawn rate with no scannner and sensors off.
    Maybe then you understand what i mean.

Personal hint:
    Es spielt keine Rolle Ma'm! USS kommen völlig autark von Sensor/Scanner. Mein Gott ....

Shut-up-mode enabled
    Biscuits for all! I'm out again ...

My eternal gratitude to the first person that can provide me the most fresh/recent/hot picture or link to the picture of the alien ship form the front (cabin side).

Got a UP in Solo in 5 minutes. Been looking for one in Open or PG for days.

Originally Posted by ExoForce View Post (Source)
    My eternal gratitude to the first person that can provide me the most fresh/recent/hot picture or link to the picture of the alien ship form the front (cabin side).
    Here you are

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5683698

I'm such a unknown site noob.

I will try to contribute to the spreading of the alien genes today. The more sites we we activate the 'conception machine' on the more Thargoids we get, I think.

Unconfirmed intelligence reports claim that the events in the Pleiades are directed at us(humans), by the Oresrians. Their plan is to involve us in their ongoing conflict with the Kalaxians. Either as an ally or as a pure distraction.

The operation has nothing to do with revenge for the Mycoid affair. We are simply a resource the Oresrians are using in a conflict that has nothing to do with us.

I'll have to get reading to see if there is anything to these claims.
    Nah. The US sites are fancy all inclusive holiday resorts being built to cater for families of commanders, all lined up on sunbeds with skimpy remloks on, eating and guzzling as the sun beats down on them.

Originally Posted by Lurker View Post (Source)
    Thats great for you and a lot of CMDR (me included) have big respect for your hard work especial the last days.

I give it up ...
    If you have again time maybe you end your spawn studies with adding spawn rate with no scannner and sensors off.
    Maybe then you understand what i mean.

Personal hint:
    Es spielt keine Rolle Ma'm! USS kommen völlig autark von Sensor/Scanner. Mein Gott ....

Shut-up-mode enabled
    Biscuits for all! I'm out again ...
    I understood your point quite clearly, my question to this is only: can U provide a spawn rate (spawns/h) and a spectrum of spawns (ratio of type of spawns) please as this would be an interesting aspect in the discussion... ?

edit: that for basic game mechanics the scanners (which have nothing to do with spawns at all) and sensors can be switched off is clear by the fact that you see other ships in HUD as well - which logically doesn´t fit too
    my point is that it seems that the mod´s boost your chances (spawn rate)

Originally Posted by Stevenblindwulf View Post (Source)
    Thanks, CMDR. I havent payed close attention to those "Reavers" spikes before:

... time for an avatar change ...

as you were

I'm such a unknown site noob.

I will try to contribute to the spreading of the alien genes today. The more sites we we activate the 'conception machine' on the more Thargoids we get, I think.

Unconfirmed intelligence reports claim that the events in the Pleiades are directed at us(humans), by the Oresrians. Their plan is to involve us in their ongoing conflict with the Kalaxians. Either as an ally or as a pure distraction.

The operation has nothing to do with revenge for the Mycoid affair. We are simply a resource the Oresrians are using in a conflict that has nothing to do with us.

I'll have to get reading to see if there is anything to these claims.
    Well, that could be a BRIGHT reason for the use of MORSE CODE, isn't it

Originally Posted by Rixaeton View Post (Source)
    Ok ta. Good to know.

Currently investigating Col 285 Sector GW-W d1-66 A 3 -29.0123 -153.8312 ( From US093 HIP 11981 Msg1) To find it just look in the rim of the massive crater on this planet - what a place to crash.

Can't go inside - this place is dead - really dead. Once leviathan left. I suspect the Scavengers have eaten the others. Lots of eggs in the open, and ripe barnacle spires.

Nothing to do but scan the Data Uplinks. Although, I don't know how I am going to scan this one:

Which leads me to ask: Has anyone tried an SRV through the top with a UA and UP on board1?

I have a thought about these ripe barnacle spires, but no barnacles. It could be that the US is a mothership which is "grown" from a Barnacle core. Once crashed, the Barnacle in it comes out again, so we get sprouts.

It could be the flowerships are harvesting some essence from the barnacles to resurrect one of these motherships, which might still be intact?

Anyway - It might be of interest that this place is so decayed, as it is in a system which sits in a direct line from here to the Pleiades Nebula to Barnard's Loop (ie is on the opposite sited of the Pleiades from Barnard's Loop)

1 .... Waitaminit - this is Canonn Science! Of course someone will have tried such a crazy thing.
    OR
    it could be that the "barnacle" is nothing to do with the MA spikes, that MA spikes are perhaps "wild life" or Guardian-engineered mining plants (the MA is a 'mining fragment' when on the ground) while the barnacle main bodies are something else, probably engineered (and which just enjoy the spikes environment). Just because hitherto we found them together doesn't mean they are the same object. I suspect barnacles are something (energy collectors? fusion reactors? plasma lifeform (firefly) containment vessels?) to do with the Thargoid Recovery party (recent Thargon flowerships) the barnacle logo representing Barnards loop etc as seen from the Pleiades which was the objective of the original scouting party 400 years ago.

OR it could be as you say and the barnacle main body has grown into these giant nests/bases/motherships; however if that was the case we should have seen significant growth in the original barneys that we found. If it takes 400 years for them to grow into 10km diameter nests then we should have seen some expansion in their size. This hypothesis does explain why the nests are all similar size- wouldn't expect to see smaller nests/bases/motherships since they are presumably all of similar age from the first war; the small barneys that we found in Pleiades/Califronia/Witchhead nebulae could then be recently seeded in advance to prepare for the incoming horde. However with this hypothesis why are the MA pods not required by the Thargs? Are they by-products of the containment of the fireflies?

Originally Posted by Kyp Shard View Post (Source)
    Nah. The US sites are fancy all inclusive holiday resorts being built to cater for families of commanders, all lined up on sunbeds with skimpy remloks on, eating and guzzling as the sun beats down on them.
    Funny you should mention that... I had the same idea:

... except the part about skimpy RemLoks.

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    I've seen people finding lots of UP's once they switched to a Scanner that has no engineer mods (therefore no affecting the band at which you can see), or a Scanner that has been engineered with a Wide-Angle modification - the latter will allow you to catch more Signal Sources as you pass them
    Yeah, swapped from my armed AspX with lightweight ship sensors to Python & upgraded to a 6A sensor which I got Bootstrap Bill to engineer wide-angle. Now got USS popping up all over the place as soon as I arrive at any star, but no UP in this system so far for me

but then I've never been hyperdicted....

Page 386 of 674 FirstFirst ... 376382383384385386387388389390396 ... LastLast