Page 84 of 674 FirstFirst ... 7480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 10096

Thread: Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Originally Posted by Revshift View Post (Source)
    Something I noticed as I was flying out to different sites and want to check if it’s the same for others.

The first site I went to witness the thargoids was to the cannon crater and unfortunately I was not able to get an event spawned. I then flew over to the popular Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A 6 site. After looking up how to spawn an event I was successful in watching the encounter.
    One thing I did notice is the ambiance sounds are different from the first sites I went to.

Can anyone else back up that they do not or can hear the low crackling sounds at non thargoid barnacles? What I'm referring to is the sound of what a glacier would sound like when shifting or the noise of rocks crumbling.

I then wanted to throw out the idea that the barnacle sites are actually future thargoid bases or spawn points that are in a growing phase, and the teaser we saw with a large organic base with caverns are the more evolved or grown barnacle sites. The sound I believe, if it can be confirmed, may indicate expansion of the barnacle sites below the surface as they grow. Also the thargoid ships may be actually feeding or in some way encouraging the sites to grow.

Thoughts?
    Likewise, are the whale-like songs and moans a standard feature? I haven't been to a barnacle site in a while so I'm not sure if these ones are more vocal than in the past. There seem to be quite a few variations, at different pitches, usually followed by the underground rumbling. (at Pleiades Sector IX-S B4-4 B 1, but i haven't been able to trigger a sighting. )

Originally Posted by Revshift View Post (Source)
    Something I noticed as I was flying out to different sites and want to check if it’s the same for others.

The first site I went to witness the thargoids was to the cannon crater and unfortunately I was not able to get an event spawned. I then flew over to the popular Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A 6 site. After looking up how to spawn an event I was successful in watching the encounter.
    One thing I did notice is the ambiance sounds are different from the first sites I went to.

Can anyone else back up that they do not or can hear the low crackling sounds at non thargoid barnacles? What I'm referring to is the sound of what a glacier would sound like when shifting or the noise of rocks crumbling.

I then wanted to throw out the idea that the barnacle sites are actually future thargoid bases or spawn points that are in a growing phase, and the teaser we saw with a large organic base with caverns are the more evolved or grown barnacle sites. The sound I believe, if it can be confirmed, may indicate expansion of the barnacle sites below the surface as they grow. Also the thargoid ships may be actually feeding or in some way encouraging the sites to grow.

Thoughts?
    Some barnacles are alive and some of them are dead. Perhaps that's what different.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    Some barnacles are alive and some of them are dead. Perhaps that's what different.
    Maybe the Thargoids can activate them remotely? Activate certain barnacles to begin atmospheric processing and material extraction? If the spikes and MAs are by-products of the barnacles activity then maybe they all are active for a period upon being dropped on the planets surface, until they are properly rooted, and then they deactivate. At least until they receive reactivation signals from the Thargoids. Have there been "active" sounds on any barnacles that haven't been visited for extraction yet? I've only journeyed to the ones with confirmed encounters

Of course they are going to be hostile. ED is mostly a combat game, you can't even deliver a couple of tons of biowaste to a farming station needing fertilizer without being attacked over and over by pirates wanting your tasty cargo.

Originally Posted by Gol Senz View Post (Source)
    Maybe the Thargoids can activate them remotely? Activate certain barnacles to begin atmospheric processing and material extraction? If the spikes and MAs are by-products of the barnacles activity then maybe they all are active for a period upon being dropped on the planets surface, until they are properly rooted, and then they deactivate. At least until they receive reactivation signals from the Thargoids. Have there been "active" sounds on any barnacles that haven't been visited for extraction yet? I've only journeyed to the ones with confirmed encounters
    Maybe. Maybe some of it will be revealed in 2.4.

Hunting round the edge of col 70 came across this lonely planet the only one in the system love the fog around the craters

Has the new thargoid encounter been removed or bugged? Over the course of 3 days me and 10+ others over this time resetting instances over and over again still cant tet an encounter at the first encounter barnacle site......

Originally Posted by Clobbertime View Post (Source)
    Of course they are going to be hostile. ED is mostly a combat game, you can't even deliver a couple of tons of biowaste to a farming station needing fertilizer without being attacked over and over by pirates wanting your tasty cargo.
    Yes, the Thargoids will definitely bring more combat options, and of course exploration as we try to understand them. But FD can also boost the trade gameplay pillar with this expansion. There's plenty of justification in the lore for multiple Thargoid factions, some even willing to deal with humans. I'd be surprised if by the end of this we didn't have at least one Giger-inspired outpost with human landing pads, maybe even an eight-legged Engineer Don't know how many years down the road that would be, but I'm hoping.

Just throwing sa theory out here. May have been mentioned before.
    Yes we know these ships are Thargoids, they may or may not be attack Fed ships.

Maybe the Thargoids are running from something. We know the unknown artefacts cause damage to whatever ship carries them, and that the meta alloys from barnacles negate this action.
    We also know that unknown artefacts have been found by crashed Thargoid vessels. They could possibly be weapons (mines maybe) from another species, such as the other variants of Goids.
    Perhaps the Thargoids are running, using the barnacles to repair.

Think of the ancient conflict from the Halo series, ancient humans invading Forerunner space at a terrifying pace. Turns out they were running from the flood the whole time. Could be similar.
    Or the Thargoids are trying to strip us of Meta Alloys.

Originally Posted by Davanix View Post (Source)
    Has the new thargoid encounter been removed or bugged? Over the course of 3 days me and 10+ others over this time resetting instances over and over again still cant tet an encounter at the first encounter barnacle site......
    You scared them away! Why did you do that for!?

I was expecting a bit more original answers from the superpowers. Right now we have:

1) War! We were preparing for it anyway!

2) Humanity survived until today, it will survive till tomorrow.

3) Enemies? Nah they're just different and much more technologically developed.

As a player, I witnessed unknown ships pulling me out of Hyperspace, commanders winged up unloading bullet hell on said ships without those taking a hit, ship graveyard with unknown ships fleeing the scene, and a strange relationship of "feeding/being fed" between those ships and a not-so-natural-looking life(?)form whose origins are still a mystery.
    None of the superpowers answers fits what we already saw, War is not an option when you can't damage the foe, Hoping to survive is a flat out resignation to me, and a more technologically advanced race would only see us as insects leaving us to be as long as we don't disturb or annoy them...

No calling to unite pilots? No huge scout party preparing? No massive reveal about what is already known about thargoids? No superWeapon? No mention of the current unknown ship expert Palin?

Something fishy is going on, and informations are being held. Maybe we should park the Gnosis 50kLy away and start our own bubble there

Originally Posted by Magichp View Post (Source)

No calling to unite pilots? No huge scout party preparing? No massive reveal about what is already known about thargoids? No superWeapon? No mention of the current unknown ship expert Palin?

Something fishy is going on, and informations are being held. Maybe we should park the Gnosis 50kLy away and start our own bubble there
    There are...certain groups that will be starting scout runs of the Col 70 perimeter in the coming months

Question: Concerning the multiple-ship wreck including (allegedly) Thargoid flower-ship wreck in HIP 17044 I believe it is (the one referenced a few paged back), is it possible that there's multiple factions or races of these Thargoids that are currently out there? I find it odd that several human vessels would be wrecked all right next to the flower ship wreck. To me, it seemed like it was a convoy of some kind, of even friendlies perhaps, that were intercepted and sent down as a group. While I'm on the subject, if these Thargoid vessels as of right now are damn near unstoppable against human ship weapons, what brought them down in the first place?

B

Got one of those big ugly dark square graphical glitches over the barnacle site in Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 B 3 (-41.4, 67.1) where the flower ship was spotted. Probably doesn't mean anything but makes the site extra dark and spooky.

Originally Posted by BDC View Post (Source)
    Question: Concerning the multiple-ship wreck including (allegedly) Thargoid flower-ship wreck in HIP 17044 I believe it is (the one referenced a few paged back), is it possible that there's multiple factions or races of these Thargoids that are currently out there? I find it odd that several human vessels would be wrecked all right next to the flower ship wreck. To me, it seemed like it was a convoy of some kind, of even friendlies perhaps, that were intercepted and sent down as a group. While I'm on the subject, if these Thargoid vessels as of right now are damn near unstoppable against human ship weapons, what brought them down in the first place?

B
    That's the kind of question that poses the multiple species theory (canonically truth). Is there infighting? Or has the "bad news" from beyond the FR traveled nearer to the Bubble that we'd thought? Perhaps whatever is out there is killing them. Or maybe they just misinterpreted the gravity of a planet and wrecked while on a bathroom break.

Page 84 of 674 FirstFirst ... 7480818283848586878894 ... LastLast