Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 152158159160161162
Results 2,416 to 2,429 of 2429

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Star Citizen Thread v6

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    Yet more of this Miles Yeahwut mission giver - I'm sure I'm not the only person utterly fed up with this guy before he's even appeared.

Their idea of "persistence" seems horribly complicated for no good reason, and extremely easy to exploit for many bad reasons.

So many bad reasons, I'm tempted to mention JSON, bot for even MOAR bad reasons I'm simply going to join the lulzbucket in gulping beer to take the terror away.
    Persistence. ... Hmm regardless of if you have confidence in SC or not, you are thin ice using persistence as a stick to beat it on ED forums imo . At least they are planning on having some.
    Fiat Coupe 20VT+ Gone..... Nissan 350Z Gone. Replaced with dirty nappies, no sleep and sicky shirts. Thank god for my Cobra MK III. Fast, practical AND child friendly

Originally Posted by bliss View Post (Source)
    We've seen him before!

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    Persistence. ... Hmm regardless of if you have confidence in SC or not, you are thin ice using persistence as a stick to beat it on ED forums imo . At least they are planning on having some.
    There's plenty of persistence in Elite as well. SC is going to be having ships go "poof" from busy landing pads to make room, they're going to be having characters go "poof" when they get caught by bounty hunters and so on.

Is there any other game that has made such a big deal about persistence, yet doesn't actually have it after more than half a decade?

Oh my! It's absolutely close to lolrolfcopter-overdose! And... is it me or what the guy is talking about is completely off-topic with what's displayed on-screen? And why do they show this mess (apart from trying to look like transparent open-dev and "hint hint 3.0 isn't for anytime soon"-y?)
    Star Citisn't - "Game development is a troubled non-linear mess of fluid"

Was looking back over some old videos, and it's unbelievable that almost 3 years on and the combat/flight model still hasn't changed from this early nonsense:

I mean, 3 years! When Arena Commander was specifically sold as to be used by CIG to nail down the flight/combat mechanics, there has been literally no improvement, with the ships all still handling like noclip cameras with a cockpit glued to the front.

New ATV
    Watch @ 7:50
    Yeah, as soon as he started to twitch like that I was like "Nope! Out the airlock I go. I've seen The Thing enough times to know that no good can come of that.
    Commander Howard A. Jameson
    System Spec: Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, EVGA Nvidia 8GB 1080 FTW, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Originally Posted by Mu77ley View Post (Source)
    Was looking back over some old videos, and it's unbelievable that almost 3 years on and the combat/flight model still hasn't changed from this early nonsense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT3ZvnUnUkU

I mean, 3 years! When Arena Commander was specifically sold as to be used by CIG to nail down the flight/combat mechanics, there has been literally no improvement, with the ships all still handling like noclip cameras with a cockpit glued to the front.
    Perhaps the saddest thing about this project, ignoring realizing that CIG can't code themselves out of a paper bag, is just how much the focus on this game has changed.

We started with a space sim, then it was the BDSSE (or what every it used to be "best ---- space sim ever), to first person simulator to now it is just a poor copy of No Man's Sky. CIG has gotten 150Million with most of that for selling ships for people to fly in their game, but the one key area that CIG neglect is actually the space sim aspect of the game. CIG has spend the last few years trying to get procedural planets into the game for people to walk around on, and you have to ask why? What does that have to do with flying your space ship? Why are they not making content for the ships they sold? Why are there not tons of stations, and missions for ships? Why have then spent the last year working on a single ground mission?

I backed a space sim, CIG has opted to make a walking around a planet moon glorified asteroid sim.
    "Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life, probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

"She's a beautiful ship. Shapely, seductive. I'm gonna fly her brains out." --Captain Zapp Brannigan

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    This is a conversation not a legal case, you realise that right? i implied no such thing, you inferred.

Though if you wanna push I can go find the post where you alleged those of us who are criticising it don't even play it, but generally sleutel has it bob on - they are directly representative of conversations repeatedly gone over in these threads.

"or to be candid untrue" lol it's like you're trying to face up to me in a fight! just talk bob. this should be a nice place.

I want to push it--Go find the quote, your memory of quotes may not be as accurate as you think. In fact my quote about the amount of people here not playing fits exactly with how it seems to me from the what people say about playing in the PU. Only you and Asp appear the play in the PU so my thoughts that most do not may be correct

It is not a legal case but often the forum has to be edited by the mods for comments that could lead to legal action

I see the comments as follows- which is a pattern repeated regularly here.

Some people pop into the SC forum and discuss SC in a positive way.

A group of regulars 1. Insult them in this case using the word vile twice

2. Like you did people, present things as quotes that they said when they are not what they said

This forum is not a conversation
    He who fights and runs away, is wasting valuable running away time-- Arnold Rimmer

Originally Posted by Almighty Bob View Post (Source)
    COBRA 1984, I see why you chose that name as COBRA 1983 is already taken. I looked for you in SC and that is the nearest Cobra I could find, It did not seem to be you judging by his/her posts.
    Cobra1984 is a reference to 1984 Elite.

Feel free to stalk that other Cobra guy though, just like the SC crowd stalked me across Reddit for 2 weeks when I posted a genuine and honest question there last year.

SC is a social phenomenon, it's nowhere close to being a game. That's the only meaningful way to discuss it, its vile community and its dishonest incompetent management.

I look forward to their 2017 charity fundraiser, to pay for features due in 2016 that will be rescheduled and re-advertised in time for their 2018 charity fundraiser.

It's a struggle to discuss the Star Citizen enterprise without discussing its community and its benefactors, both of whom have spent YEARS demonstrating a dishonesty and animosity toward other games, gamers and studios in the same genre.

I don't know why anyone would want to be associated with it and I certainly don't know why anyone would want to promote it in any way whatsoever.

A group of regulars 1. Insult them in this case using the word vile twice
    Did they? Or was it just perhaps 1 person who said that word rather than a group of persons?

This forum is not a conversation
    Yes it is - and I'm not going to be badgered into spoiling that and turning this into legal tit for tat.

Since you're aware that this is heavily moderated you'll have to believe me when I tell you a huge amount of vile behaviour has been moderated out.

Nobody has any problem with people discussing SC in a positive way - witness Rolan etc - the problem has always been exactly as stated - people making sweeping grandiose claims about the game which they can't back up, then they turn aggressive and unpleasant and start issuing demands and ruining the conversation.

Please.... climb down off the legal horse and have a normal conversation. Most people here DO play the game and have an interest in it and we all have access to twitch anyway, and finally we'd almost all rather see it succeed rather than 500,000 people losing their money and getting screwed over.
    Time is Linear, Memory is a Stranger, History's for Fools...

Cut out the personal comments now please.

Stay on topic - which was Star Citizen.

Originally Posted by Yaffle View Post (Source)
    Cut out the personal comments now please.

Stay on topic - which was Star Citizen.
    It's either Star Citizen the game or Star Citizen the internet social phenomenon.

Only one of them exists.

Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 152158159160161162