Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Beta 2.3.10 Live Now for all players (including exclusive decal reward)

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Thanks Ed (and The Team)! :D

Sounds like I'll be engaging in a CG (again).... :)
    Will try to find you today...have some rare free time to do something in game!

Originally Posted by mono View Post (Source)
    Ed - I've been out exploring for four or five months so I'm guessing no point trying the beta as my snapshot save will still be tens of thousands of LY from anywhere. Shame as I quite like that decal.
    On the beta you can just pop yourself back to a sidewinder in the bubble, it'll have zero effect on your game.

At work presently, but will venture out tonight.

Obligatory 'download doesn't complete - Failed to read from response stream' FAQ post (just happened to me - again):

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=283

Originally Posted by Armankessilon View Post (Source)
    Why there is no beta sign at the bottom left corner? Is that ok?
    Glad you said that - was just double checking as I'll need to suicide back into the bubble and don't want to lose my explorations :)

Edit: That was quite fun - back in the bubble :D

Since you can't add this on xbox, it would be nice if who has bought the game on xbox was allowed to take part on this on their PCs, and be able to get the decal as well (not so important).
    I was looking forward to use this beta as a test as well to check how the game would run on my PC and maybe get a second account, but alas, no luck.

EDIT: Will the API at least be made available on Xbox?

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #37
    Added a line to the first paragraph clarifying:

"Please note: as with previous Betas, this is not available on Xbox One"

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    Ok, that settles it. Now for the other beta-newbie questions:

- will I have to pay full price for ships and equipment? I've heard that beta prices are usually reduced?
    - do the fed/imp rank requirements for ships still apply in beta?
    - will the Engineers require the usual mats?
    - any estimattes on how long the beta will be running? (no, I don't actually expect an answer on this...)

"Please could you use missiles and mines...on each other" sounds like this could become somewhat expensive in rebuys, but if I get the chance - those packhounds look nice :D
    In all previous betas all ships and modules cost 10% compared to live prices. i.e anaconda cost 14 mil cr etc.
    Rank requirements for ships don't apply in beta
    Yes, if frontier doesn't say other vice. The mat requirements have only been removed from betas after frontier have said that never as default when beta launches.
    1-3. weeks, i would assume the beta will end before ps4 version launch on 27th of June (no official info from frontier so far)

And for others:
    If you are far away from the bubble you can self destruct or get killed and fast travel to last base you docked or clear save (make sure you are in the beta client) to start fresh in beta and it won't have any effect to your live stuff. All money, ranks, engineer mods etc. (i.e everything you can gain/lose in the game) won't transfer to live game and are lost FOREVER after the beta ends.

One station in LHS 3447 (some xxxx gateway if i remember correctly) will have all ships and modules available in the beta and i think the Founders world permit requirement doesn't apply in the beta (not 100% about this).

Originally Posted by mono View Post (Source)
    Ed - I've been out exploring for four or five months so I'm guessing no point trying the beta as my snapshot save will still be tens of thousands of LY from anywhere. Shame as I quite like that decal.
    Within the beta self-destruct, snap back to your last station (hopefully not that far out) and then go to the CG?
    This shouldn't effect your non-beta character at all and would give you the chance to participate..

I'm in! First thing, I'm not a fan of the new "blinking/squiggly" page loading graphic. The old way was fine.

Ed / Dale / Zac / Sandro, could you take this opportunity to look at the Powerplay map issues outlined by Vectron?

what about "- Galaxy map UI tag not pointing to selected target body"????

I see an open beta 1.8.10 but no 2.3.10 in the launcher list? (correction it appeared after i rebooted, plz ignore)

Is there no way for Xbox One commanders to get this decal?

Will there be documentation for the companion API? I assume this is the old mobile API resurrected?

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast