View Poll Results: Pick three of these stories

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 - Galactic Midden - When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed

4 30.77%
  • 02 - JetsonRING - Silent Running

6 46.15%
  • 03 - Listeri69 - Captain Metalpants and the blackface : A sad tale of poverty, desperation and rustling..

3 23.08%
  • 04 - Frank - Colour Me Bad

7 53.85%
  • 05 - RoyalHankey - Buyer beware, not all people are what you think they are.

2 15.38%
  • 06 - phong - Called to the colours too soon...

1 7.69%
  • 07 - insanephoton - Convention Time

3 23.08%
  • 08 - Simoof - some things are better left untitled

5 38.46%
  • 09 - Edith_The_Hutt - Assault on Level Green

5 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #205: Colour, something about Captain Metalpants, but moslty Colour

Drabble Short Story Contest #205: Colour, something about Captain Metalpants, but moslty Colour

Welcome to the world's greatest Drabble competition that's based on stories around the Elite galaxy.

Congratulations Edith_The_Hutt, and a hearty pat-myself-on-the-back to me, Frank for winning last week's contest . My half of the choice this week was "colour".

Edith's choice was <deep breath>
    "Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!"

I know I might be accused of trying to sway this week's voting, but I promise if I win, my topic next week will not be "Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!"

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and "comedy" hour at 7pm BST, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. And a warning to all of the contestants, Don't vote for yourself. Anyone caught voting for themselves will have to write another Drabble about Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!

01 - Galactic Midden - When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed

Captain Metalpants stared at Edith with a disdain that could be felt across the bar. "You said you had a good name for the group!"

"That's a great name" retorted Edith

"Not for a female community choir! Mrs Jingles will go apoplectic right into her blue rinse if we perform aboard Bonkers with that name".

"Well, you'll be laughed off stage without it or something catchier; Galaxy Talent's a fierce competition".

"Maybe. Not my biggest problem anyway, that's our lead singer".

"Daphne! Why?"

"Erm, I discovered why she sings deep baritone"

Edith nodded. "She needs to go, just cull her".

02 - JetsonRING - Silent Running

The CMDR's face registered amusement as she studied the holographic display before her.

Another battle was being waged between single, large, capital class cruisers from each of the two major factions,
    assisted by a few dozen smaller ships of various classes down to the smallest ship launched fighters.

Their fleet tactics were awful, no battle ever ended in victory for either side, just crews and ships spent freely.

The ships were pretty, she mused; very colorful, painted up like tiny fishing lures.

Humans would soon hook into the biggest fish of all when the rest of her people revealed themselves . . .

03 - Listeri69 - Captain Metalpants and the blackface : A sad tale of poverty, desperation and rustling..

Captain Metalpants sighed, there had been a time when the name metalpants had instilled fear throughout the galaxy.
    Not anymore.
    Washed up, creditless, even his famous ship 'the Star Pirate' had been broken up for scrap.
    Probably to make another rubbish mug somewhere that didn't have his face on it.
    All he had left was his old metalpants, Which had seen much better days.
    He fingered a rusty bullet hole, casually making it wider.
    But today his fortune would change.
    He'd got a tip from an old sidekick.
    Slowly he leveled his pulse pistol.

'Metalpants is back. Die evil Pigfart!'

04 - Frank - Colour Me Bad

Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia! was playing on Lave Radio.

Frank switched off the novelty electro-rock music and turned the air blue with curses aimed at Edith and his stupid topic. "That's me 39 words down. I've only got 100."

His wingman got him back to the task in hand. "We've got to thin down the number of orange Sidewinders. There's too many. We need to cull them."

Frank read his orders and blanched white. "It's not that I'm yellow. I just don't want to mow down all those greenhorns. I don't want to be a culler!"

05 - RoyalHankey - Buyer beware, not all people are what you think they are.

"Commander Alien here".
    "Yes Commander what can you do for you today",
    "Well I would like my hair cut please".
    "Ok we will have to take some details in case there is a small accident".
    "Ok".
    "Name"
    "Alien".
    "Where do you live".
    "Preston, United Kingdom, Planet Earth".
    Security Code and bank details!".
    "Why you need them!".
    "In case of an emergency".
    "Ok security code de7853re, bank account number 32964653".
    "Pin"
    "6923"
    "Just then an announcement came over the centres load speaker!.
    "Beware Pirate Crazy Horse masquerading as a hairdresser taking peoples details".
    Alien looked around and the pirate had gone".

06 - phong - Called to the colours too soon...

Promotion in the field is the quickest path to advancement for the bold and ambitious.Few can equal the meteoric rise of Napolean Metalpants,who succeeded three commanding officers in the space of a single week,during the viciously intense fighting of what has come to be known as the Battle of Rocktopia.Of diminutive stature and forthright views,the frank little general was admired and respected by those with whom he served,whilst his enemies were observed to tremble at the very mention of his name,and parents frightened their children into obedience by threatening his imminent presence.

07 - insanephoton - Convention Time

Convention charters are one of my favourite jobs. The passengers spend their time in the convention centre so the crew get plenty of free time. We even get a free pass for the convention.
    You remember that kiddies show 'Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!'? The boss is a big fan of it . He's trying to get the full set of figurines, including all the colour variations. Maybe I can find the brown trouser Captain Metalpants he's looking for. But right now, the cute cosplayer, in the Edith, warrior princess outfit, want's to get to know me better.

08 - Simoof - some things are better left untitled

He should have known better. Zero G was unforgiving. There was nothing for it.
    Captain Metalpants would need to de-pant.
    He tried to remember what underwear he had put on that morning.
    "You had better hurry up. My patience is growing very thin!" The ambassador growled.
    "I am trying!! But seriously... you must get in to all sorts of bother. Especially through security checks."
    "This is not going well for your cause. You do realise that."
    Finally Captain Metalpants floated free from his binded trousers.
    "You can keep my dented pants! I have plenty more."
    Ambasador Magnodick was not amused.

09 - Edith_The_Hutt - Assault on Level Green

The exquisite stained-glass portrait of Arrrisa Lavigny-Duval exploded in a hurricane of flames, sharp edges and rock and roll as the Cobra troop transports burst through at three times the speed of sound.

Imperial guards scattered as the Star Pirates landed, blazing multi-cannon rounds from gyro-stabilised exo-suits as their ships pumped out the hard rock of carnal lust and anarchy screamed through a stratocaster.

Leading the advance, the chrome-legged leader of the renegade band signaled her troops: “Ok boys, let's be heroes”

The Imperials took her legs as punishment for her crimes, today wasn't about payback, they had innocents to save.

Rule (1) of Fighter Club is "We do not talk about Fight Club"

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...18#post4688218

"moslty"" LOL

Great Tunes to Supercruise to - p.s. have you tried ABRAKA DRABBLE?

Oh dear! I've misspelt covfefe

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Oh dear! I've misspelt covfefe
    hee hee

Great Tunes to Supercruise to - p.s. have you tried ABRAKA DRABBLE?

Well Done Frank. Glad you addressed my topic with the care and attention it deserved.

Originally Posted by Edith_The_Hutt View Post (Source)
    Well Done Frank. Glad you addressed my topic with the care and attention it deserved.
    Erk!

I'd run my Drabble campaign on the slogan 'my topic next week will not be "Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!"' I wish I hadn't written that slogan on the side of a bus now, because I am so tempted to do just that. <grin>