Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: My visit to Frontier Developments and the Future of the Game

My bet is Obsidian Orbital i going to have a new Traffic Controller voice! ;-) And probably Hutton will as well if others were also invited.

Good to hear that the game is much loved by the staff (never thought otherwise myself).

I hope the future revenue model is based more on additional fluff for avatars to wear, ship skins and kits as well as maybe chargeable point DLC.

Very jealous you have had a sneak preview!
    Out there,somewhere, probably over there......

How were the biscuits?
    Sits like a man, smiles like a reptile
    CMDR Alad Insane - Exploratory Plonker - Boldy faffing where no man has faffed before

Originally Posted by Jex =TE= View Post (Source)
    wow you lot are easilty fooled!

Hasn't anyone checked that the OA that went INTO Fdev is the SAME ONE that came OUT of FDev?

lolol
    Good point
    Sits like a man, smiles like a reptile
    CMDR Alad Insane - Exploratory Plonker - Boldy faffing where no man has faffed before

...isn't sure what's going on.
    I was one of the "others" who went to Frontier Towers to do some recording etc.

I can confirm everything OA said above about the number of staff working on ED.

After Zac had made us a cup of tea/coffee and I quietly remarked on the condition of my cup...

Hmmm nice chip I thought.... Not deliberate Zac said......

We were given a tour as mentioned the staff levels are easily over 100 working on Elite Dangerous and everyone I spoke to had such enthusiasm not only for the game but for Frontier as well.

I was chatting to a couple of the QA team outside while having a crafty smoke and both were wearing Elite Tshirts and the enthusiasm for the game they have is so apparant.

As OA said we did get a sneak preview on some content but as my NDAs with Frontier are rapidly heading towards double figures I really can't discuss anything but all I will say is...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! You are really going to love what's coming.

We did the Voice over work and I can admit to only causing a medium level of chaos and confusion in the sound department and the guys and girls there eventually stopped laughing and Rootsrat managed to escape the booth he found himself in with myself. they seemed happy with what we had done and yes hopefully we will be in game as well.

It's always nice to catch up with the guys and girls at Frontier and got to have a good chat with David who very kindly signed my Amiga copy of Frontier and My Premium Backers version of ED and thankfully refused to write Zac's suggestion to write I blame T.j on it. (phew)

Oh and Obsidian's voice is even more soothing in person... I nearly fell asleep under DBOBE's Desk at one point.

Just wanted to say to the folks at Frontier, thanks for the invite and the very, very brave call to allow me to potentially be in game..........mad...

Dav in curier. Noted. Commencing seek and destroy operation
    Joking, but when i'll get him I wont let him go unless population will change based on amount of vegetables i'm delivering to them.

It is obviously all lies and damage control. ObsidianAnt is a well known fanboy who usually makes everything up. Do not engage in any kind of civil discourse. Move along, move along.

(really hope no one falls victim of Poe´s law)

OMG! Elite Dangerous is dying!!!

there is really nothing to worry about and 2.4 will be awesome patch
    so...

since the last 3 pathes were not so awesome, they were ''good'' (for something and for some other things
    not so very well)... do i have the permit to get hyped for the E3 ?

Many thanks, Mr. Ant and to those at Frontier too, of course. I look forward to the video shorty.

Cheers.

How to navigate the Crab Nebula Labyrinth → https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...bula-Labyrinth
    How to change your HUD panel colors in Windows → https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ns-of-the-Game

Originally Posted by Sterlino View Post (Source)
    so...

since the last 3 pathes were not so awesome, they were ''good'' (for something and for some other things
    not so very well)... do i have the permit to get hyped for the E3 ?
    oh yes. indeed you do. and more info coming at Lavecon too ;-)

Originally Posted by Sir T.j View Post (Source)
    I was one of the "others" who went to Frontier Towers to do some recording etc.

I can confirm everything OA said above about the number of staff working on ED.

After Zac had made us a cup of tea/coffee and I quietly remarked on the condition of my cup...

http://i.imgur.com/KNpuBBP.jpgHmmm nice chip I thought.... Not deliberate Zac said......

It will be fixed by the time of visit 2.0.

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    OMG! Elite Dangerous is dying!!!
    Indeed - as it has been from the moment the design information was published at the start of the Kickstarter....

It's nice to get some info (however little) and the fact there appears to be something positive to actually hope for!

There's not a lot in the game at the moment to entice me in to play, but hopefully come 2.4/V3...

Fingers crossed!

Hope restored! THANK YOU!

...isn't sure what's going on.
    Oh yeah the Cushions...

Ed, the daughter said you'd better bring one of them next time you're round or there'll be trouble...

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast