Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: My visit to Frontier Developments and the Future of the Game

OMG if OA is gonna have a voice cameo in the game I'll have to reduce the volume of my subwoofer a lot, in order to not brake my windows.
    Zorgon Peterson Foxtrot Romeo India over o7

My Explorer Profile on EDSM

...isn't sure what's going on.
    10/10 from me as well.

The upcoming content we saw impressed me with what they have planned and what direction the game is going in.

As mentioned earlier the QoL improvements are a big part of what's coming up and again what I saw and heard looks to me as if Frontier are well on top of things.

Originally Posted by Sir T.j View Post (Source)
    10/10 from me as well.

The upcoming content we saw impressed me with what they have planned and what direction the game is going in.

As mentioned earlier the QoL improvements are a big part of what's coming up and again what I saw and heard looks to me as if Frontier are well on top of things.
    It's the QoL improvements I like the best !

Flimley

Originally Posted by Obsidian Ant View Post (Source)

The second thing was all the Elite Dangerous memorabilia everywhere, from ship models to cushions to wall hangings of posters (to big to fit in even the largest room of my house). There was also stuff from other Frontier games. Those guys certainly love the projects they work on, and are very proud of them!

There's been some worry that 2.4 is going to be a small patch, I think that concern came from the announcement that 2.4 is going to be released in sections. From what I saw, it appeared that 2.4 is going to be at least as big as all the other patches, and it certainly isn't the end of the main development of the game.
    Thanks for posting, O-Ant. Good to get a view from an outsider being inside. Or something like that. I don't know about others on here, but I find it encouraging to know that the morale and the enthusiasm in the team is high. It bodes well for the future.

Since you're all under an NDA, it'll have to be mundane questions instead! So... ship models? Any pictures... any possibility of them being released?

And, finally... is the Space Loach mind-controlling everybody in the office from the comfort of Sandro's shoulder, or is it only Sandro that's under its influence?

Edited... Sir TJ... Was that your souvenir mug?

Anaconda : Mjolnir / iClipper : Lord of the Isles / Cobra MkIII : Spirit of Ryder / Asp Explorer : Abeona's Vision / Dolphin : Neptune's Pride / Assorted others : unnamed

Thanks for the insight, very interesting read!
    Bottom line; there is a huge team working on the game. Frontier are committed to the game's future, and are not winding the project down in any way, shape or form.
    Hehe. Imagine that eh? All this from my £40 for ED + horizons. It's almost like FD are running a business that delivers value for money! Who knew?

Forgive me if I don't jump on the hype train until I see something a little more concrete than "there's stuff coming, we won't say what it is but you'll DEFINITELY LIKE IT!"

Heard that one too many times before already. Something about exploding brains was it last time?

Maybe they should write less NDAs and more development blogs if they want to hold the attention of anyone but the sycophants.

Excellent!

Thanks for the detailed post OA! I saw your new video about this in my YouTube queue this morning but haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet. I was hoping that you would be given some early access peeks into what they are working on for 2.4, so I am VERY pleased to read your thoughts on what you saw.

Sounds like we will have a lot of cool stuff to look forward to after all!

Thanks for all you do!

Cheers.

Commander Goldengoose7
    A
    isling
    Duval Systems Command
    Cubeo • Medupe City • Official HQ

+rep! Good post, and it is reassuring to know that FDev is quite aware of the issues in the beloved game Elite: Dangerous, and more importantly that they are going to do a thorough fix on the core mechanics.

My comment on the video, for those who might not see such things here on the forums...

Thank you, sir. And thanks to Frontier too, of course. I look forward to these further developments and getting back to enhancing and expanding core game elements and original concepts is something I would very much like to see. There is a lot there to offer, even in terms of just wonder and awe of the scale of things and our place within it. Walking around space stations, flying through the cloud structures of gas giants, and the like come to mind. Those sort of things in and of themselves seem extremely compelling to me, but also more subtle and immersive changes to missions and progression in game, interactions with NPCs, and so on would be compelling as well.

I have the Lifetime Expansion Pass from when Horizons was first announced, and the base game from earlier that year. I'm excited to see what comes and the further realization of the game that was described and sold to me. I don't mind waiting as needed. Seeing the full potential of the game is more important to me. The reassurance that Frontier are continuing to work toward those ends is very much appreciated.

How to navigate the Crab Nebula Labyrinth → https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...bula-Labyrinth
    How to change your HUD panel colors in Windows → https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ns-of-the-Game

I'm not allowed to talk about what we saw,
    Tell us everything you heard
    "You'll never get to the moon in that"

Why wasn't I invited?

Originally Posted by Loskene View Post (Source)
    Forgive me if I don't jump on the hype train until I see something a little more concrete than "there's stuff coming, we won't say what it is but you'll DEFINITELY LIKE IT!"

There's always one...

Orbiting inside the Roche Limit of sanity

13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #88
    Originally Posted by Vingtetun View Post (Source)
    Yes - have met SJA a few times before at various events and MoM made a point of coming over to say hi during the visit. She may have been chuckling with evil glee at her latest work and rubbing her hands together in anticipation of unleashing it. Or that may have been my imagination.
    (chuckles wickedly while rubbing hands together)

Originally Posted by Vingtetun View Post (Source)
    We did our best to help make things better ;-)
    I appreciate that, and I want to thank all of you who were part of the visit and are telling us whatever details you legally can, believe me it is very welcome. The extended dearth of information from Frontier has been deafening and has taken it’s toll on a lot of us, myself for certain.

However, I unfortunately can’t muster much of any excitement from this thread. It’s nice to hear that things are being worked on but I still have no idea what things or what features are coming. Will exploration ever be improved in any way? Will ice mining ever be made more lucrative? Will the beige planet disease ever be cured? Will trading ever get in game tools? Will bounty hunting ever be improved upon? Etc, etc. I’ve become jaded to the statement “believe me, awesome stuff is coming, just wait longer!”, and I’ve been hearing “no ETA’s, no guarantees” for so long now that I’ve essentially tuned out and given up. Now that’s not to say that when great updates actually materialize I won’t get excited, I’d be positively ecstatic to see some actual exploration improvements implemented into the game, and it would probably get me playing again, and the generalized announcement of developing core mechanics was a huge step in the right direction, but for right now my confidence remains lost I’m afraid. The details are missing, any details at all, and without anything to look forward to the game’s progress feels like it’s been frozen in time.

I hope to one day log into the game with a feeling of optimism and an eagerness to fly again. Apologies for the dour sentiment, but this franchise is a meaningful one for me.

Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    There's always one...
    No, there'll be more than one... watch.

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast