Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Why isn't there a PvP subforum here

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #16
    Originally Posted by Gunnet View Post (Source)
    Sorry for the off-topic question, but now you've got me curious. Are the mods in the "Moderators: Global" category not literally global? I realise that some subforums have dedicated moderators as well, but I always assumed that the global mods moderated all subforums regardless of the relevance to their own gameplay preferences.
    Global means global, every forum (mostly).

There are a few select forums however. Those are where I've instructed them to not moderate (even though they still can - to an extent). As said forums are managed by Frontier Employees or a group of users assigned to a forum section.

Employee Forum moderation generally are CG Forum submissions, support forum, galnet forum. CG forums have a special group of users who manage and lead the way on Community goal stuffs - and they do an amazing job at it!

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    CG forums have a special group of users who manage and lead the way on Community goal stuffs - and they do an amazing job at it!
    That's Brett's way of indirectly saying all the other moderators suck at their jobs

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #18
    Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    That's Brett's way of indirectly saying all the other moderators suck at their jobs
    Slackers.

Slackers.

Global means global, every forum (mostly).

There are a few select forums however. Those are where I've instructed them to not moderate (even though they still can - to an extent). As said forums are managed by Frontier Employees or a group of users assigned to a forum section.

Employee Forum moderation generally are CG Forum submissions, support forum, galnet forum. CG forums have a special group of users who manage and lead the way on Community goal stuffs - and they do an amazing job at it!
    Thanks for satisfying my nosy curiosity

I'll consider it, but it's not going to be an 'in your face here i am' forum if it were to be added.

It'd more or less end up in here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/115 if it were to be added.

Separate moderators... yeah, so about that. I've a feeling there's an underlying-current/ulterior motive going on with that statement.

If a PVP forum were to be added, it'd end up being moderated solely by the volunteer moderators that do PVP quite a bit. It's an odd thing to say, but yes, we do have moderators from these forums who do indeed PVP in Elite.

You can see a list of our moderators here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showgroups.php?styleid=14 - there's a lot of them!

Hi, this is Brett.

One moderator can moderate a single forum well enough, and have enough overlap from other current moderators as needed/required. We do not need 5, 10, 20 or whatever amount of moderators to a single forum that'll ultimately have minimal/low activity (that's from years worth of analytical data upon extensive review when compared to other subjects).

International forums have their own policies and rulesets. Comes down to the moderators assigned to those forum sections to lead the way.
    Well, wherever you place it and whichever volunteer mods frequent it, I'd happily participate. I play about 70% pve 30% (not a scientific breakdown . ) pvp, always open and it'd be nice to have.

Originally Posted by Rinzler o7o7o7 View Post (Source)
    It'd be counter-intuitive to have a PvP subforum with moderators who do nothing but repeatedly tell people how PvP is bad/unnecessary/not a valid playstyle.
    Topic: where are the best non-CG systems to go to for PvP?

"Can I just remind everyone here that PvPers make up a small minority of players?"

Allow me to introduce you to:

The exact same question I asked over year ago that got 7 pages worth of replies: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...a-PvP-Subforum

Originally Posted by Fendalton View Post (Source)

The exact same question I asked over year ago that got 7 pages worth of replies: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...a-PvP-Subforum
    Well, then it indicates that Brett wasn't too keen on following up back then. Maybe he is more open to the idea now though....

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Well, then it indicates that Brett wasn't too keen on following up back then. Maybe he is more open to the idea now though....
    The rep is for the thread lock previously. Sorry 'bout that. Some necros are harder to resist than others.

Why would you lock that thread? There was no reason for it.

Why would you lock that thread? There was no reason for it.
    My necro was reason enough. Muahahahah!

To be fair, that thread immediately degenerated into concocting conspiracy theories about mods, and by the end gave a strong impression that the PvE and PvP subforums would be opposing factions rather than places where the same people discussed different topcs. This time the atmosphere is much more positive.

Originally Posted by Gunnet View Post (Source)
    To be fair, that thread immediately degenerated into concocting conspiracy theories about mods, and by the end gave a strong impression that the PvE and PvP subforums would be opposing factions rather than places where the same people discussed different topcs. This time the atmosphere is much more positive.
    How dare you!?

Originally Posted by Ozram View Post (Source)
    How dare you!?
    Sorry, don't know what came over me.

Down with PvE/P! Solo/group/open players are killing the game! One time a mod disagreed with me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast