Thread: Drabble Competition LAVECON 2017 {OPEN}

Drabble Competition LAVECON 2017 {OPEN}

Good day to you fellow drabblers, along side this weeks competition, and next weeks... we are opening up the DRABBLE Competition for 2017's Lavecon.

The Live show will be on Sunday 25th of June around 12noon (BST), and will have a VERY special surprise.

This year's theme is "PIRACY"

The Prize this year for the winner is
    All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa, 8" HD Display, 32 GB, Black — without Special Offers

And is FREE to enter for anyone who is coming along to the event, or has a ticket Bronze or Better (essentially do you have any tickets for the event for any day, at all?)
    You can use this form http://abrakadrabble.com/lavecon and fill it in prior to the event and bring it with you, or you can email your entry too.

It is also OPEN this year to anyone without a ticket too, simply by making a donation to special effects through the abrakadrabble website. http://abrakadrabble.com/donations/l...drabble-entry/
    Donations amounts are up to you, the reccomended amount is £5.00 and I hope to raise £100 with some luck and some work from you all.

Standard rules apply.... if you don't want to email you're entry then post it here.. and PM details so I can find your donation easy.

The Rules are Simple
    1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don’t want entered as such.
    5. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it, if it is not caught before the event, it may be featured but not be eligable to win the prize.
    6. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    7. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    8. It’s all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself… Enjoyment is mandatory!d be amazing.
    9. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    10.Psykokow’s decision is final.
    11. Entries via email stop at midnight Saturday 24th June 2017 (BST) To allow a chance to process them.
    12. Entries at the event stop at 10am Sunday 25th June 2017/
    13. ALL PROCEEDS RAISED Will be donated to Special Effect http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/

I will state now, that I have a drabble for this competition, but probably won't post it here for reasons that will be obvious at Lavecon ... IF ... things go to plan.

Meals on Wheels

These races were getting competitive. It used to be just a bit of fun to make the fastest motorised meat-based pastry; to watch pasties, bridies, and pies zooming around the floor. But dangling a Kindle as a prize in front of racers' noses brought out their evil sides.

Frank saw his chance while Kow was distracted by a shiny new toy. He snatched Kow's pie and bit it open to fish out the single-board computer contained within. Frank wanted a copy of the software that so cleverly utilised the energy stored in the meat filling. It made his pie racy.

LOL.Was that last years slave auction?The zippered codpiece is very stylish,but what is that sticking out of your chest?

Warning may contain nuts, gluten and mild racism

Simoof drew a large willie on the galaxy map.. 'that area sexiest food in the galaxy'
    'I don't like it' kow moaned
    'Listen It's a party, all we are doing is picking up the supplies''
    'I don't understand why the party has to have 'sexy food' Why can't they just have plain food
    'That Ed Lewis guy is going to be there, he only eats sexy food'
    'Well i'm not getting sausage rolls not after last year'
    'Slave sausage rolls...'
    'This place here looks good..pies, pies pies!'
    'Hello Sweetcheeks. Have you come for Capt Skippy and his racy pies?'
    'noooooooooo'

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    How could I not donate.

Have a fantastic time you bunch of maniacs.

I will also as a thanks not subject you to the inevitable 2 vote brain fart of a drabble from myself. although I might change my mind...

I changed my mind... my fetid mind took over...

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar

The good ship Drabble

Audience participation is requested and encouraged.....

'Twas on the good ship Drabble,

By Christ they're all geniuses,
    The figurehead was Ed in bed,
    And the mast a rampant .............

The Captains name was Kow
    His onsie made folks aghast
    At the prow he slipped back on the mast.
    He winced with a grin yelped ................

The first mates name Frank
    By heck he liked a spank,
    When the ship wouldn't bank
    They'd call for Frank,
    Who was found having a relaxing..........

The Cabin boy was moof.
    He didn't have much luck
    Of that there was proof
    From below t'was a thud and a yowling cry of.....

A drabble about piracy.

The dread pirate Siree readied himself for actions, his multicannons already upgraded with the dreaded 120-cycles per minute boost. Guaranteed to bring satisfactions with their murderous discharge.

Ahead on the viewscreen a ship appeared, a casual scan proved the ship 'moistly harmless'; thusly ripe for the picking from the overly equipped pirate and his array of suggestive projectile weaponary.

"Your GP or your HP" Siree yelled into the comms as he approached the vessel, the multicannons spinning up in anticipation for the reply.

The confused reply came shortly thereafter, "Hi, It's me, Cecil. I'm out of Gin. Please send help"

This thread is a lie..... Not to worry I will squeeze kows balls about it on the Friday show after lavecon....