Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: E3 Community Event Livestream Schedule

Originally Posted by evaldo10 View Post (Source)
    ...I'm sure there will be plenty of science for us to do with Canonn as well to try and find answers and a solution.
    You mean shoot things like these 2.5 years.

Looking forward to 2.4 here, very pleased with the route the game is going. We have a great galaxy to explore and great space ship mechanics and stuff, but like in all open world games after a while there is the itch for more interaction with the world.

Adding a bit of storyline and adventure is the way to go for me. Things like the ram tah mission or the Farragut attacked by pirates in velli keep me playing, hope there is more of it in the Thargoid plot to fill the universe with life.

Originally Posted by texasp8 View Post (Source)
    Hi Ed,

I personally enjoyed watching you find out what was going on, at the same time as the rest of us (don't underestimate the power of 'Confused Ed' to bring a smile to my face). And I've looked back at how the event was advertised, and struggle to see how you could be accused of over-selling it.

Chin up, old bean.
    Seconded. And I look forward to any news from Lavecon and in the weeks after as it said in the 2.4 and beyond post.

I do wonder what the special event later in the year will be.

One thing I kep reading that's annoying me every bit as much as the rants and that's commanders stating that they've already paid for what the devs are working hard to provide.
    Don't get me wrong, as far as it goes that statement is true, but then when you compare the small cost of Dangerous £19.99 UKP and Horizons £39.99 UKP I don't think anybody can say they're not getting value for money when you compare this to other MMORPGs
    I'm not asking you to stop pushing for improvements, but please stop making it sound like you paid the equivalent of a small galaxy's ransom for it.

o7

Proportions aren't this community's biggest strength.

Originally Posted by Themadoll View Post (Source)
    One thing I kep reading that's annoying me every bit as much as the rants and that's commanders stating that they've already paid for what the devs are working hard to provide.
    Don't get me wrong, as far as it goes that statement is true, but then when you compare the small cost of Dangerous £19.99 UKP and Horizons £39.99 UKP I don't think anybody can say they're not getting value for money when you compare this to other MMORPGs
    I'm not asking you to stop pushing for improvements, but please stop making it sound like you paid the equivalent of a small galaxy's ransom for it.

o7
    Funny how people always quote the lowest possible values when they roll out that argument....
    Elite Dangerous short stories:
    https://voidstarblog.wordpress.com/

Just like the other side tries to inflate the numbers.

"I had to spend £€$500 on Elite because I wanted ingame cosmetics."

Originally Posted by zimms View Post (Source)
    Just like the other side tries to inflate the numbers.

"I had to spend £€$500 on Elite because I wanted ingame cosmetics."
    Elite: Dangerous and its expansion cost me $160. No cosmetics included.
    Elite Dangerous short stories:
    https://voidstarblog.wordpress.com/

Elite Dangerous was my first KickStarter back when I was young(er) and foolish. I now only back video games at the minimum level as you're never sure what you'll end up with.
    Horizons for macOS Sierra. Possible or not?

Originally Posted by Soopyyy View Post (Source)
    Funny how people always quote the lowest possible values when they roll out that argument....
    Originally Posted by Soopyyy View Post (Source)
    Elite: Dangerous and its expansion cost me $160. No cosmetics included.
    That does seem rather a lot. Is that US dollars?
    Even so, the game shouldn't cost you another cent unless you choose to support it further with voluntary in game purchases.

I totted up my post install purchases and they add up to 70.00 UKP which when I add them to the upgrades I needed to bring my machine up to standard makes a staggering total of nearly 600.00 UKP.
    However that was my choice and happily paid for the fun I'm having. Yes even being ganked is exciting and raises the pulse rate.
    But realistically, I could have stuck with the initial outlay of £39.99 and that would be it for life AFIK. No other MMORPG offers anything close to that in terms of value for money.

o7

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445