Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: A Question that Must be Answered

Just got the cg mail. So ive only got 14hr to get there. Mmm i wonder how the phone call to the real world boss will go? "Hi boss man yeh its me hope you dont mind getting some contractors to do my job for me today as i have a special mission to uncover the existance of some ancient alien species"
    Boss man " your doin what now??:
    Me " i got to fly across the known galaxy to encounter some ancient aliens and then i have to report back to a proffessor, it is important"
    Boss man " ancient aliens and a proffessor? Are you on drugs son?"
    Me " no its on my xbox its like really cool i just have to do this one thing and il be ritch well in the game anyway"
    Boss man " i tell u what. You can go fly your space ship or whatvever you like but only once you get your P45. Hows that sound?"

Thanks for the idea fd but please next time make it a weekend thing. Thanks o7

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    I really want to care, but can't any more. Is there any actual gameplay coming out of this beyond spending hours jumping all over the Pleiades without seeing a sliver of "aliens"?
    I got 324 million of exploration data hopping around the pleiadies sector and surrounding systems - did I get an alien encounter? newp!

But I had a few scan datas from xmas on my main account - so I have turned those in
    CMDR Inyahin | CMDR Space Elf
    Paladin Consortium | Hutton Orbital Truckers
    "When it rains, Inyahin doesn't get wet, the water gets Inyahin"

Ok so I just got the email and was rapt, very exciting developments! Followed the link here to check if there is any point me heading out that way in a couple of hours when I have time. I noticed is at tier 7 already and the station is in lockdown, so I'm guessing I've pretty much missed this event right?

A question that cannot be answered. By me atleast

I am utterly frustrated after jumping for several hours around the pleiades, and then waiting for an "event" at a Barnacle site. This is not mysterious or engaging, this is garbage. I mean srsly, make a community goal and then randomly exclude swathes of people from it?

Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post (Source)
    the station is in lockdown
    Bounty hunting should remove the lockdown.

You can still sell your scientific data in Contacts regardless of lockdown.
    CMDR Inyahin | CMDR Space Elf
    Paladin Consortium | Hutton Orbital Truckers
    "When it rains, Inyahin doesn't get wet, the water gets Inyahin"

I understand this need to end for E3 stream etc, but I don't understand why couldn't this begin earlier so it would be at least 48/72h long.
    How is that community building event when like 5% has chance to participate? Bad decisions...

Jumping around in the Pleiades Sector, in hope of, just in case, i MIGHT get a Hyperdiction from a Flower; really boring.
    Extremely boring, even.

4 hours.... and nothing
    have fun! but I am out.

Windows 10 (64 bit) 32 GB Memory CPU i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition HTC VIVE

Just been hyperdicted 4 times in a row. Stuck in Hip 17552, trying to get to Pleiades Sector YF-N B7-3.

Edit: make that 6 times in a row now. Of all the times to be stuck in a hyperdiction loop...

IMGUR - YOUTUBE - TWITTER - FACEBOOK - #KeepGoingZR

No luck

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    http://i.imgur.com/dx1ViyA.jpg

Commanders, we need your help.

During tonight’s live stream we found ourselves in contact with Professor Palin.

(Note: Due to an audio error, stream starts at 5:45!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXegy12VG6o&t=340

The professor is currently engaged in the study of the Unknown Ships and requires as much data as we can muster to complete his most recent experiments.

He’s informed us that he is willing to pay, however you will need to sign up and deliver Unknown Ship Signatures and Unknown Wake Data to Orcus Crag station in Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7.
    We have until June 13, 3303 at 12:00 BST to get the data to him lest the Federation discover his experiments.

Been flying around for over an hour and no hyperdictions :-(

Jumping around the Pleiades Sector hoping to get hyperdicted is a complete waste of time (in my case, the last couple of hours).

It's simply NOT FUN. No one likes to fly around for hours in the hope of finding what they're looking for. It's just very boring and extremely frustrating.

And this has always been the problem generally with the mission system in Elite Dangerous - there is too much time wasted in flying around empty space, looking for a target. Most of the time it's not worth doing that. It really puts me off taking missions.

I hope Frontier address these 'boring' issues in the next big patch. Missions should be fun.

Ok, at least I was able to provide 6 units (3 each). Do something good with it, Prof. Palin.
    I am looking forward to the results.
    Deadly | Elite | Elite
    Federation - Allied (Admiral) | Empire - Allied (King) | Alliance - Allied
    My Inara-Profile
    ---
    My System: Core i7-5960x @4.6 GHz, X99 Deluxe, 64GB DDR4-2666 CL14, 2-Way Geforce 1080ti SLI @2000/6000, 2.5 TB SSD Storage, Creative Soundblaster X7 + Beyerdynamics DT-990, Saitek x52 Pro + Pedals, TrackIR 5, Corsair K95 RGB, 40" Philips BDM4065UC UHD Monitor, Watercooling

Originally Posted by Zulu Romeo View Post (Source)
    Just been hyperdicted 4 times in a row. Stuck in Hip 17552, trying to get to Pleiades Sector YF-N B7-3.
    Edit: make that 6 times in a row now. Of all the times to be stuck in a hyperdiction loop...
    That's a known bug. At least known to us if not Frontier. Just reload the client. However it is a great way to keep collecting data for the CG - that's how to get into the top 10%

Regarding earlier comments, I'll re-confirm; lockdown won't affect the CG in this case; you can still provide any data to the Scientific person in contacts.

Nothing for me though, despite jumping around all night. I've now given up too. RNG won again.

Originally Posted by millstonebarn View Post (Source)
    That's a known bug. At least known to us if not Frontier. Just reload the client. However it is a great way to keep collecting data for the CG - that's how to get into the top 10%

Regarding earlier comments, I'll re-confirm; lockdown won't affect the CG in this case; you can still provide any data to the Scientific person in contacts.

Nothing for me though, despite jumping around all night. I've now given up too. RNG won again.
    I actually managed to escape without logging out. But yeah, for what it's worth it's a good way to build up items for the CG.

Handing these in, I managed to get into the top 10% with a total of 42 data delivered (21 of each) and nearly 3/4 of the CG nearly finished at 13,536 data collectively donated by 1045 contributors.

IMGUR - YOUTUBE - TWITTER - FACEBOOK - #KeepGoingZR

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast