Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: A Question that Must be Answered

What is the reward ?

Flimley

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    What is the reward ?

Flimley
    Fame.

Originally Posted by Artean View Post (Source)
    Fame.
    Cash. :)

Incidentally, submit just 1 scrap of data and you get a minimum cash reward of 1.5M credits at tier 7 of 8.

Im not quite sure I understand what we are being asked of here (i havent been playing that long)? Are we supposed to jump system to system and get interdicted and then collect scan data? Or, are we supposed to find a barnacle site and hope something shows? Maybe both...?

People who are already on the hunt here seem to be wasting hours.... is this even worth it for the "reward?"

Pointless...Useless...FD! All goes together.

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    http://i.imgur.com/dx1ViyA.jpg

Commanders, we need your help.

During tonight’s live stream we found ourselves in contact with Professor Palin.

(Note: Due to an audio error, stream starts at 5:45!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXegy12VG6o&t=340

The professor is currently engaged in the study of the Unknown Ships and requires as much data as we can muster to complete his most recent experiments.

He’s informed us that he is willing to pay, however you will need to sign up and deliver Unknown Ship Signatures and Unknown Wake Data to Orcus Crag station in Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7.
    We have until June 13, 3303 at 12:00 BST to get the data to him lest the Federation discover his experiments.
    Why? Why release a CG and community event, have a live stream, then make it last 24 hours, which most timezone will not have time to complete. AND keep the crappy RNG active on the CG. Really FD? Do you have a braincell between any of you? You seem intent on killing your own simulation by ridiculous broken useless half finished releases and the same old RNG which yet again is preventing your own event from being usable. Well Done!!!!

Originally Posted by frostedtim View Post (Source)
    Im not quite sure I understand what we are being asked of here (i havent been playing that long)? Are we supposed to jump system to system and get interdicted and then collect scan data? Or, are we supposed to find a barnacle site and hope something shows? Maybe both...?

People who are already on the hunt here seem to be wasting hours.... is this even worth it for the "reward?"
    1) Both can work
    2) Odds of encounters seem up
    3) No, if you are just in it for the credits or something, its not worth it.

Originally Posted by Kharadrass View Post (Source)
    Why? Why release a CG and community event, have a live stream, then make it last 24 hours, which most timezone will not have time to complete. AND keep the crappy RNG active on the CG. Really FD? Do you have a braincell between any of you? You seem intent on killing your own simulation by ridiculous broken useless half finished releases and the same old RNG which yet again is preventing your own event from being usable. Well Done!!!!
    Tier 7 reached within 3 hours, seems to suggest otherwise.

It`s OSOM AMASING!

5th hyperdiction in a row around PLEIADES SECTOR YA-N B7-0, close to the CG. playing in open

Sadly I am on an exploration trip and cannot participate... :(

And this event underscores the largest fault with Elite: Dangerous.
    Story line via YouTube; watching someone else discover it before you do. In-game there's no personal engagement whatsoever.

:(

If it don't float your boat, then don't do it. Nobody is saying you have to, right?

I can't take part because R/L, but I'm still very curious as to what's going on/coming.

If you're not, then there's still plenty of others who are.

Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post (Source)
    And this event underscores the largest fault with Elite: Dangerous.
    Story line via YouTube; watching someone else discover it before you do. In-game there's no personal engagement whatsoever.

:(
    Isn't that one of the things which give the sense of dimension ?
    If everything was at hand reach of everybody, then there is no sense of scale, the universe would feel so small.
    If everyone is a hero, then no one is a hero imho.
    If everyone can be THE guy who "discover Aliens", then they are no mysteries anymore.

Originally Posted by AskedQuestion View Post (Source)
    Isn't that one of the things which give the sense of dimension ?
    If everything was at hand reach of everybody, then there is no sense of scale, the universe would feel so small.
    If everyone is a hero, then no one is a hero imho.
    If everyone can be THE guy who "discover Aliens", then they are no mysteries anymore.
    Well said

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast