Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: New Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS One!

Originally Posted by Guywired View Post (Source)
    Really disappointed with the lack of setup pics in this thread, guys.

I mean.. how's a Guy supposed to get pumped up for a den remodel with no pictures of what you all are doing?!?!
    Yeah guys and gals,
    It doesn't have to be fancy. Just as long as it works. We wanna see

As requested, no fancy set up, as I haven't a man cave and I have a little person so it's hidden post game session
    Originally Posted by MjrCARNAG3 View Post (Source)
    Yeah guys and gals,
    Who am I ? I'm not sure myself but give me half hour to do a google search and a witty response

Originally Posted by MjrCARNAG3 View Post (Source)
    Yeah guys and gals,
    Seems it will be the end of November before I'm able to oblige.

Originally Posted by rOmiLaYu View Post (Source)
    Seems it will be the end of November before I'm able to oblige.
    I bugged Amazon over chat again today to ask them why the app said a date of the end of November. They said it would almost certainly be before that but gave me another $10 credit on my next order (up to $15 now) for the inconvenience. Nice of them, but I just wish I wasn't so impatient.

Does anyone know if the code FRONTIER25 still supposed to work as it doesn't for me.
    Appears they are in stick again now

Anyone have any news with Amazon. Nothing here yet.

As promised, an update now that I got the missing bits.

I've used an iPad holder for the HOTAS. Not the most sturdy part, but it was cheap (£10 each on amazon) and does it's job. Since next year I want to change the chair, doesn't make much sense spend a lot now to "throw away" next year.

First time I used the HOTAS on the One, what was my current ship? An Anaconda of course. Sweat like a pig taking that out of the station, but managed without scratching anything or anyone! But I don't want to be too cocky, so I've bought a new ship to learn (check the name!):

The Order of Mobius
    Elite Explorer, Elite trader, Expert fighter and mellow friend.
    XBox One S (X soon) | HOTAS X

Originally Posted by oscarolim View Post (Source)
    As promised, an update now that I got the missing bits.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4478/...ebbdafd9_o.jpg

I've used an iPad holder for the HOTAS. Not the most sturdy part, but it was cheap (£10 each on amazon) and does it's job. Since next year I want to change the chair, doesn't make much sense spend a lot now to "throw away" next year.

First time I used the HOTAS on the One, what was my current ship? An Anaconda of course. Sweat like a pig taking that out of the station, but managed without scratching anything or anyone! But I don't want to be too cocky, so I've bought a new ship to learn (check the name!):

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4474/...feb9517c_o.png
    +1 rep for one of the best Xbox sim-pits I've laid eyes on. Proper dream setup for many of us...even on PC

My 'Harry Potter' cupboard is now awash in blue LED's with the new addition to the the compact, but bijou cave today in the shape of an X56 Rhino (Which Amazon delivered in 4 days to my remote rock in the ocean).

I was pleasantly surprised that E-D had a preconfigured X56 profile built in so all I had to do was change a few buttons around through preference.

As well as 36 buttons, 5 digital hat switches with 3 modes for all of them, there's also 2 mini analogue thumbsticks on the thing akin to controller sticks. I used the one on the throttle handle for directional thrusters...still no idea what I can use the one on the stick for...SRV turret perhaps?

The X56 is also dual USB, so no link cable...which is nice. Getting short of USB slots though....8 USB3 and 8 USB2 and only 2 left Guess I'd better hunt down a powered USB hub to tidy stuff up now.

-Xbox Gamertag- Mole HD
    -PC Cmdr- Mole HD (starting it all over again)

Originally Posted by Mole HD View Post (Source)
    +1 rep for one of the best Xbox sim-pits I've laid eyes on. Proper dream setup for many of us...even on PC

My 'Harry Potter' cupboard is now awash in blue LED's with the new addition the the compact, but bijou cave today in the shape of an X56 Rhino (Which Amazon delivered in 4 days to my remote rock in the ocean).

I was pleasantly surprised that E-D had a preconfigured X56 profile built in so all I had to do was change a few buttons around through preference.

As well as 36 buttons, 5 digital hat switches with 3 modes for all of them, there's also 2 mini analogue thumbsticks on the thing akin to controller sticks. I used the one on the throttle handle for directional thrusters...still no idea what I can use the one on the stick for...SRV turret perhaps?

The X56 is also dual USB, so no link cable...which is nice. Getting short of USB slots though....8 USB3 and 8 USB2 and only 2 left

https://i.imgur.com/8NCVEzH.jpg
    Mole, how would you recommend the X56? I'm in the market for a dual USB HOTAS on my PC.

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    Mole, how would you recommend the X56? I'm in the market for a dual USB HOTAS on my PC.
    Even compared to my X52 pro-flight...it's pretty awesome. Build quality seems excellent, throttle is very stiff even on weakest setting, might be because it's new. It's still very accurate and smooth though...more so than the X52, as is the stick response.

The 2 right hand hat switches on the stick are also a stretch for my short thumbs (nitpicking here) since I've got small hands. The additional 4 varying resistance colour coded springs included in the package gets you the stick feel you want by simply swapping them over...takes a minute or so, but very simple with no tools or unplugging the HOTAS required. Initial setup took 5 minutes from installing the software and plugging it in...in that order; software first, then plug the HOTAS in when prompted.

Software contains the usual profiler with hot mouse selection of the buttons from an image...same as the X52...plus axis response curves and calibration stuff in the settings section. One of the things I liked in comparison with the X52 was the 3 rocker switches that were on the stick base have been moved to the throttle base...much simpler and easier to use when flying.

Top marks from me at any rate, ideal HOTAS for E-D and the like. Certainly won't be running out of buttons and switches

-Xbox Gamertag- Mole HD
    -PC Cmdr- Mole HD (starting it all over again)

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031