Thread: Really not Enjoying CQC Anymore

Really not Enjoying CQC Anymore

Hello All,

I play Iron man mode in main game so - assume I am level 1 most of the time.
    I thought I liked me a bit of CQC as a distraction from the main game, but I am afraid the meta by the"established" players, means I will almost certainly never play the game again.

If you are leve 49/50 played in a couple of instances with level 1/2/3-6 and handed them quite rightly their behinds on a plate - with maybe if there is some ganging up a revenge kill that is pretty cool - thanks for helping me learn. But if you then at a certain time, leave instance to join again once the game has started and surpirsing players, using meta of low numbers playing, you know what - the numbers are going to be lower. Well done for getting to level 49/50 but I am buggered if I am going to be your cannot fodder when you cheat, really do not mid if you do not cheat - its part od the route in CQC. I will not play with cheaters in any mode.

I'm out because of the exploits of one higher level player. Carry on killing each other with your meta-tactics, not sure you are going to get new blood.

Cheers
    Simon

Hey Simon,

here is what I think what happened. The Lvl 50 cmdr played a match, left the queue because he did not feel like stomping new players. He waited a bit, then queued up for deathmatch again, trying to get into a match with more experienced cmdrs. Unfortunately he ended up in the game he just left. The main problem for both the Lvl 50 cmdr and you is the low CQC population.

At least you managed to get a game. I like CQC but it's devilishly difficult to get a match here on the XB1. Shame really, CQC is great for practising basic combat skills.
    Moo!

I don't like PVP in general and there's no wonder why I'm so bad at it. But even if I lose all the time - it's strangely fun. Really don't know why it's not better populated. I do get matches in my area but they are mixed up with lvl -10 up to 49/50 which is a clear sign of low population (assuming the matchmaker does his job properly). Guess I'll do another one of perma-dying tonight...

Even when there are people for a deathmatch, I've never been able to play Capture the Flag again since the few days after the release when everyone played CQC. Not enough players for a fair game is one thing, not enough players for ANY game is hell.

What is CQC? Never heard of it.

It is fun with a capital F , Woot just got a new flight stick and kicked the meds what were makeing me a zombie . Great tol see your still here Steenpass , I need retraining .

I truly hope you are well Hashishin! Will rejoice to see you in the Arena again. I do not fly that much these days, but CQC is still a great way to relax or work up a sweat ...

spine is still wrecked but my mind is back to how it should be .

Is CQC on PC no longer a 'thing'

15:40 Friday UK can't find a match.is it time of day? Is rank a factor on matching. I'm only mentioning since CQC featured in in the PS4 promo stream. I wanted to test playing with the xbox controller. Not being able to see if ant players are out there means I don't hang on for too long. It had potential as a esports but if its not promoted or supported then well..

Originally Posted by starman View Post (Source)
    Is CQC on PC no longer a 'thing'

15:40 Friday UK can't find a match.is it time of day? Is rank a factor on matching. I'm only mentioning since CQC featured in in the PS4 promo stream. I wanted to test playing with the xbox controller. Not being able to see if ant players are out there means I don't hang on for too long. It had potential as a esports but if its not promoted or supported then well..
    Starman, check out https://discord.me/elitedangerouscqc. It's your best shot for figuring out when people are playing / finding people to jump in with you. Consider it the unofficial chat lobby for CQC/Arena.
    CMDR Tannik Seldon - The "Million-to-One Chance"
    [Youtube]

Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)
    Starman, check out https://discord.me/elitedangerouscqc. It's your best shot for figuring out when people are playing / finding people to jump in with you. Consider it the unofficial chat lobby for CQC/Arena.
    I'll be definitely on tonight. just need to get done with this stupidness called work

I could imagine that it's also a local thing, so very unlikely that the matchmaker would put players into a match that are living 1000km or more apart from each other. In the matches played so far I've never saw any sort of rubber bending or warping, something that would be virtually impossible with oversee connections (basically any twitched based 3-D 1st-person games in general).

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    I could imagine that it's also a local thing, so very unlikely that the matchmaker would put players into a match that are living 1000km or more apart from each other. In the matches played so far I've never saw any sort of rubber bending or warping, something that would be virtually impossible with oversee connections (basically any twitched based 3-D 1st-person games in general).
    I do think the matchmaker tries to prioritize local connections, assuming there's enough players around for it to be picky. That's rarely the case anymore though. I've definitely played with people from everywhere around the planet. And yes, lag does become an issue... ever notice that someone 1.5km away is hitting you with lasers, when they only reach 1km? That's the latency in effect, as on the other guy's screen you *are* in range.

The fact that you very rarely see rubber banding / warping is actually one of the benefits of P2P over a client-server model: there's no "objective reality" that your client has to keep resyncing against, so some common latency issues actually go away. You've also got direct communication rather than everything routing through a server, which also helps.
    CMDR Tannik Seldon - The "Million-to-One Chance"
    [Youtube]